Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4707701 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19590 on: August 13, 2023, 07:05:45 pm »
Looks like another WeeWicki on the way. Cool for Heather and Matt. Good to see Uncle Bob, Bill and others. Looks like a fun time for all.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19591 on: August 13, 2023, 07:16:03 pm »
Not sure Pat they didn't say anything about it and I learned not to ask  :-[ been there done that and it didn't go so well. ;)
Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19592 on: August 13, 2023, 11:19:17 pm »
I guess you are right.  :-[
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19593 on: August 14, 2023, 02:32:09 am »
Great Pics Pappy ! Thanks for sharing  (=)  Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19594 on: August 15, 2023, 07:31:41 am »
Thanks for sharing your pictures Pappy.

Sure wish I could have been there too. The pictures help.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19595 on: August 17, 2023, 07:09:33 am »
Ya wished you could have also BJ, it was a fun week for me.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19596 on: August 18, 2023, 06:53:03 am »
Headed to the cabin for a few days, got a shoot tomorrow so should be a fun weekend, had to take Sally to the vet yesterday, she has some growths on her back leg and belly, he is taking them off.He thinks 1 is cancer so hoping he gets it all.I will pick her up today if all goes well and hopefully she has a few more good years in her. She was 11 on Easter and getting gray and long in the tooth but still gets around good. She has been a really special dog for me and makes me sad when she has trouble.  :( Hope yall have a good weekend. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19597 on: August 21, 2023, 07:09:07 am »
Had a good weekend, the shoot went well, about 70 shooters which at to bad for a 1 day, got to see a lot of old friends getting ready for hunting season and had time to just hang out /talk and spend some time with the grand kids, always a special day when I can do that. Didn't take many pictures but will post a few in a day or 2. Sally is doing really well after her surgery so I am glad about that. Now is time to really get serious about getting things together for the trip out west. A little over a week and we will be headed out so I need to get ready. Hope yall have a good week. Life is Good,also Miss Joanie and my 50th wedding anniversary is Thursday so will be a busy week. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19598 on: August 21, 2023, 01:33:30 pm »
Pappy,
Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary. That's quite a accomplishment. My wife and I have been married for over 30 years.
Seventy shooters for a one day shoot is good. Our archery club is about the same for a one day open shoot. Far from the hayday when we would get 250 to 300 but times have changed.
Take care, Brian

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19599 on: August 21, 2023, 01:34:18 pm »
Congratulations to you and Miss Joanie, Pappy. That is quite an achievement.  :OK

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19600 on: August 22, 2023, 03:58:47 am »
Congrats to You and Mrs Joanie ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19601 on: August 22, 2023, 06:57:52 am »
Thanks guys, much appreciated, I feel very Blessed to have had her for a wife you all these years, not sure how she put up with me but some how she has. :-\ :) Al though the weekend shoot was slow to our usual shoots if was stiff fun and gave me some time to work with some in the shop and get a few things ready for my trip. Also fun with the kids. Had time to help my buddy Kenny with his 2nd bow project, he is coming along and I think he is hooked. Sally is doing really well right now, she has had trouble getting up for a while and I thought it was arthritis but it seems maybe it was the growths on her front and hind leg, she is acting like a young pup right now, hope that holds up. I also had time to get 3 bows ready for my trip/arrows and quivers ready to hunt. I have a yew RD/a 59 inch Osage and of course old faithful ready for the trip,as most of us know that shoot self bows you always want a back up, I have full confidant's in all these bow but you never know it's wood.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19602 on: August 22, 2023, 07:01:40 am »
Parking lot don't look like the Classic but still a great time. Lots of kids that had a great day in the creek chasing craw fish and minnows. Laid back event and beautiful day to be outside. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19603 on: August 22, 2023, 12:24:45 pm »
Congratulations on 50 years Pappy. I’m just a little over half way there. Took me an awhile to find one that would put up with me and wasn’t related to. Sure was worth the wait though.

Best of luck on your hunting trip. Have fun and safe.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19604 on: August 23, 2023, 07:38:11 am »
Thanks BJ, It has been good for sure. :) I hear ya on kin folks, on my fathers side my Grandfather had 16 brothers and sisters that mostly lived and raised family's with in 5 or 6 miles of here and on my Mother's side she had 14 brothers and sisters that lived and raised family's with in 5 miles of here also so most everyone one around here was at least a cousin, meet Miss Joanie in grammar school 7th grade closer to town  :) even at that when we started going together she mentioned her uncle JC , I said I have a uncle JC also  :o after figuring it out on her Grand mother's side was JC and he married my mother's sister, so ya we were kin but only by marriage , times have changed around here now, so many new folks moving it but in my day I was kin to most everyone with in a few miles of here.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good