Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4707605 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19770 on: December 05, 2023, 01:00:46 pm »
Congratulations on the buck, Pappy! The knives came out great and really glad that Sally is still hanging on. Such a sweet pup.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19771 on: December 06, 2023, 09:15:04 am »
Thanks Eddie, yes she is still hanging in, when you was up I wouldn't have given her a week. ??? :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19772 on: December 08, 2023, 08:40:06 am »
As usual headed to the cabin for a couple of days, no real plans except to make some jerky, got 10lbs of meat ready for the dehydrator  ;) I do want to put up a couple stands, the doe have seemed to moved into more thick cover since the rut has wound down and since I have bucked out I need to be where the does are, ??? :) also plan on scrapping another hide if the rain will hold off and weather stays nice. Other than that just a peaceful weekend I hope. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #19773 on: December 09, 2023, 09:32:14 pm »
Storm Damage in Clarksville. All well with you and yours Pappy??
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19774 on: December 10, 2023, 08:56:24 am »
Just saw the News about the Tornados - Prayers sent for all ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19775 on: December 10, 2023, 09:04:26 am »
All good here, went just north and 1 just east of us, lot of wind, rain and hail but no damage other than probably a few trees down in the woods, thanks for checking and the prayers, lots of people wasn’t as lucky. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19776 on: December 10, 2023, 02:01:56 pm »
So glad to hear you and your family are OK, Pappy and sorry to hear about the destruction all around y'all. We had more rain in the last 24 hours the in the last 3 months put together, almost 4" now and still more to come. We've needed it badly so I'm not complaining but my driveway did catch hell,  :fp  a small price to pay.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19777 on: December 10, 2023, 07:42:45 pm »
Strange weather but good weekend all but Saturday evening, we made it through fine, I was just setting by the fire watching and waiting, had no place to go so it was out of my hands, Turned out OK for me but not so good for a lot of people, Prayers go out for them and their families. My weekend end was about the same as always except for that. Got my deer all worked up and packaged and ready to make some jerky.  :) 
Pappy
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 08:06:02 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19778 on: December 10, 2023, 07:48:18 pm »
Got the jerky in the dehydrator, now it was just waiting so I finished scrapping another hide, the weather was prefect for that. :) :)Then I finished tillering my yew bow, came out 52@26 and shoots great. Their wasn't enough wood to do any kind of shelf so I glued a wedge on for that with some help from Shawn.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19779 on: December 10, 2023, 07:52:51 pm »
Saturday morning I got up early and packaged my Jerky, wound up about 5 lbs after dehydrating. Then I decided I need another knife, man can't have to many knives ya know, this one is from and old Nicholson USA file.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19780 on: December 10, 2023, 07:56:23 pm »
Glued some antler over lays on my yew bow. Got the tappers done on my knife and fitted the handle, heat treated the blade and put in the oven to temper it down a bit. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 08:07:52 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19781 on: December 10, 2023, 07:59:19 pm »
Got the tip over lays fitted and glued up, Mark and Shawn showed up with a deer to process, got that done and of course had to test it to be sure it was good, it was  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19782 on: December 10, 2023, 08:04:51 pm »
About the time we got done testing the storm hit, we just hung out under the shed watching and waiting, Like I said before , no place to go  :) didn't last long. Then I glued up my new knife, it is ready for some final sanding and some finish. Again thanks for all that reached out checking on me, very heart warming and appreciated. :) :) :)Some times don't just as we would like it to BUT  ??? Life is Good.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 08:09:57 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19783 on: December 11, 2023, 12:46:37 pm »
Good to know you are all right.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19784 on: December 15, 2023, 07:15:54 am »
Thanks guys for checking, all good. Headed to the cabin this morning for some hunting, late season can be tough but love this time of year, you either see a lot of deer or no deer, just never know if you ant out there. I also have a couple of projects in the shop, another hide to flesh and rack up and a couple of knife projects to try and finish up. We have a club meeting tomorrow so it will be god to see the guys and catch up on what they have been up to. ;) :) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good