Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4707496 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #19845 on: January 16, 2024, 10:39:47 am »
Is 3 degrees here this morning as I type this.  About 8 degrees warmer than it has been the last couple of mornings when I've gotten up.  Got a little more snow overnight.  Now we have enough to about cover the ground.  We've stayed in the last couple days by the wood stove.  That thing sure is nice.  Looking forward to seeing ya'll next month at Buck Hollow.
                   David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19846 on: January 17, 2024, 09:30:01 am »
Ya Dave, seems to be cold everywhere, 5 this morning but going to go all the way up to 20 today  ;), headed over to check on girls/fish and cabin then back to the house with the grand kids, they want to sled and play in the snow so of course I am in for that. ;) Looks like another front coming tomorrow with more snow and back down to 0, then finely next week a little warmer, MAYBE, if things don't change again. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #19847 on: January 17, 2024, 10:25:47 am »
You be careful sledding, you ain't a spring chicken anymore.  :)  Enjoy the grandkids and the snow.  I'm going to go try to get another doe this evening at one of the reduction areas we have.  Supposed to get in the 20's here today also.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19848 on: January 19, 2024, 09:22:59 am »
I hear ya Dave, all went well and had a great time with the kids, I am headed down this morning for a couple of days, looks like a couple more days of this really cold weather and then some warm up, we got a meeting tomorrow morning so with a good fire it should be fun to visit and with all my buddies. Hope yall have a good one also. By the way Dave did you kill any deer ???  Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #19849 on: January 19, 2024, 10:38:16 am »
No deer taken yet, have till the end of the month on the reduction zone.  Weather isn't so nice right now.  Like yours, 13 degrees with a 20 mph (or more) wind.  I'll be by the wood stove again.  Don't need another deer, just would like to get out some more and enjoy it.  Wind and temps like they are aren't enjoyable to me.  Tell everyone I said hey.  See ya'll in about a month.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19850 on: January 21, 2024, 08:18:31 pm »
Ma it has been a cold week for us, first time in many years it has snowed and stayed on the ground for more than a day or 2,most will probably leave tomorrow but that's over a week. Didn't get much done in the shop but have had a very good time. Woke up Monday morning to this, but nothing a good fire won't take care of.  ;) :) :) At my house and at my cabin.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19851 on: January 21, 2024, 08:22:56 pm »
Had to stay at it to keep my fish tank from freezing solid but so far so good and the fish are happy, so am I, don't know why but love my fish. :-\
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19852 on: January 21, 2024, 08:25:01 pm »
Did manage to get a couple of neck knives started, Sally is moving pretty slow but still loves her bones. :)we did spend a lot of time around the fire eating/cooking back strap and brats,and shooting the bull. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19853 on: January 21, 2024, 08:29:34 pm »
Went and cut some down pines on the place so we could have a real fire and it worked. :) Then I decided to check out my pond to see if the ice was thick enough to try some ice fishing , it was about 4 to 5 inches, who ever heard of ice fishing in Tennessee. ??? :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19854 on: January 21, 2024, 08:32:31 pm »
So I went for it, didn't catch any fish but did get a few bites and had a ball doing it, guess the fish in Tennessee are smarter than the ones up north, they hunker down here when it's cold. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19855 on: January 21, 2024, 08:41:22 pm »
Got the handles fitted on my neck knives , leg bone and antler,ready now to do cut the bevel on the blades /heat treat and temper. Dave O brought a bunch of small potato's from their garden the last time he came so I decided to make some home made potato salad and fry up some venison burgers for supper, turned out great, :) thanks Dave. :) Been a very cold week for us but a very good one for me. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19856 on: January 22, 2024, 04:55:44 am »
1st time I ever saw a Posthole Digger used to open up a Hole in the ice  :OK ! Thanks for shareing  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19857 on: January 22, 2024, 09:38:46 am »
Well Bob like most things I do, use what I have. :) Also did you notice the full length pole, again all I had. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19858 on: January 22, 2024, 09:50:43 am »
Looks like a great weekend!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19859 on: January 22, 2024, 02:00:33 pm »