Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4651003 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #19965 on: March 25, 2024, 04:59:51 am »
Hope the Yew Bow works out for You! Thanks as always  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19966 on: March 25, 2024, 09:13:59 am »
Thanks Bob, we will see today as I get into shaping the handle, like I said don't really like doing this but on this one I had little choice it's all the wood I had to work with and we all know how that works, you do what you have to do and hope it works out.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Jjpso

« Reply #19967 on: March 25, 2024, 09:02:05 pm »
Hello there! I read in some old topic that this “life is good” tread had some drawings of bow cauls/forms, so here I came just to find out It has 1332 pages…😂 can someone point me out the page number or something?! Thanks in advance

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19968 on: March 26, 2024, 09:27:48 am »
I am sure it is here somewhere but I don't have a clue which page, :-\ I know their was some on the bow forum not to long back or I am sure if you ask there someone will give you the info you need. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Jjpso

« Reply #19969 on: March 26, 2024, 12:05:46 pm »
I am sure it is here somewhere but I don't have a clue which page, :-\ I know their was some on the bow forum not to long back or I am sure if you ask there someone will give you the info you need. :)
 Pappy
thank you Pappy! I read all the related treads, and I have already an idea of what to do! I just wanted to see if this life is good tread had something different! Thanks again

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19970 on: March 28, 2024, 10:26:46 am »
Heading to the cabin today right after eye appointment, planning on some bush hogging today and tomorrow, weather is just right for that, going to Buck hollow Saturday for a shoot between Twin Oaks and Buck Hollow, we do this once a year, lot of fun and friendly  competition, they call it the Pappy cup  :o :o top 5 scores added together for winning club and that club gets to take the trophy the club till next year, hope we are on our game. It will be fun either way. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19971 on: March 28, 2024, 10:35:19 am »
Hold on to your hat while bush hogging, Pappy.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19972 on: March 31, 2024, 05:19:30 pm »
I hear ya Pat  :) got it all done and no hat lost, :) I now take my regular hat off and put on a ball cap with ear phones. ;) :) :) Had a great weekend , got some work done around the farm and cabin and a lot of shooting, the weather was great, be nice if we could get weather like this for the Classic but doubt that will happen. :) Got the handle all finished on my yew bow with a hemp wrap, shoots really good now and easy to handle.Shawn showed up working on some bow blanks for the Classic and of course cooked some brats, hope I have enough to last till deer season. :-\ :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:49:40 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19973 on: March 31, 2024, 05:23:59 pm »
Sister and Sally just taking it easy, Sally is 12 today, born on Easter Sunday, so say a big Happy birthday to her , she love you all that's for sure, don't think she has every meet anyone she don't like. :) Got 4 coats of sealer on my new knife, think I am going to make a simple sheath for this one, it sharpens like a razor and I think is just the right size for a good hunting knife.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19974 on: March 31, 2024, 05:26:24 pm »
Then 3 or 4 of us went out on the practice range, that's always a lot of laughs and fellowship. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19975 on: March 31, 2024, 05:29:17 pm »
Shooting good on the practice range, then to Buck Hollow Saturday for us against them , I didn't shoot as well there. ::) ??? :) :) But it was fun.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19976 on: March 31, 2024, 05:33:46 pm »
They got a really nice place, They call it Minny TwinOaks, :) they have come a long way in just a few years. We divided the teams up half TwinOaks and half Buck Hollow so I got to shoot with some really good guys I don't get to shoot with much, lots of fun. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:51:28 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19977 on: March 31, 2024, 05:36:28 pm »
Nice course, almost as hilly as ours, :-\ and they have some really good shooters, the course was tight but very reasonable .
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19978 on: March 31, 2024, 05:45:07 pm »
We had 11 shooters and they had 11, we take the top 5 scores added together, they won again this year by 34 points, they had 2 of their top 5 that shot in the 290's on a 30 target course so they deserved the win for sure, maybe next year  ;) :) :) guess the Pappy cup stays with them another year. :-[ Then I went back to the cabin to lick my wounds, ;) :) :) went to the barn and pulled out some Osage cut in 1990, so 34 years old, it has a few pins but hard and a rock and really heavy, good rings and when you cut it , it is slick as glass, should make a good bow, almost got it to a ring and ready to figure the lay out. :) That helped the wounds heal. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:54:05 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19979 on: March 31, 2024, 05:48:33 pm »
That's it for this week, at home having a big Easter with Miss Joanie, went to sun rise service and now just enjoying the evening, hope yall have a Blessed Easter as I have. :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good