Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708609 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2205 on: October 13, 2008, 12:09:14 pm »
God, you all over there in TN sure do love to torture me!  :'(
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2206 on: October 13, 2008, 11:44:27 pm »
thanks pat, good teachers are cool. i could name alot of people who have helped me learn.
Mililani Hawaii

Ranger B

« Reply #2207 on: October 14, 2008, 12:14:07 am »
Went over to Pappy's this evening to dress the last two deer I've killed out.  Jesse was there and getting ready to head out in pursuit of an 8 pointer Pappy sicked him on.  Pappy came by and got the sinew from the two I killed.  Nice to just sit around and talk with Pappy about hunting.  I've been at home grinding burger up and cutting up steaks all afternoon.  Got a bow to build for a fellow so I need to get on that, but I'm a slow starter.  Once I get going I move fast with them but getting it started requires nudging.  I'd rather hunt these days  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2208 on: October 14, 2008, 06:00:27 am »
Ya watching someone else skin deer is nice for a change  ;) :) :) I am collecting a lot of
sinew and should before the season ends have enough for several bows,that is if Jesse
don't use it all. ;) ;D He showed me how to get it out really easy so it ant a problem
to save.I wished I had been doing that all along.I would have a big stack.I have always
saved the backstrap and the short pieces on the rear leg but until this year I didn't save the rest very often,it was just to much trouble to get out the way I use to do it.Now it just takes
a minute.Amazing what you can learn from a kid. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2209 on: October 14, 2008, 07:10:44 pm »
Kid huh?
I never seen mooie up on the ridge, i seen two turkeys they were 50yards away.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2210 on: October 14, 2008, 07:32:48 pm »
Well, guys I have a new passion! I will definatly be building a kayak this year. Went out and tested a couple in the water today and man was it a hoot! There is just something about being on the water.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2211 on: October 15, 2008, 06:01:14 am »
Tiller you could bring it and try it out in the creek. ;) ;D ;D Sometimes in May in TN. you need
a boat. :) Sorry Jesse I was hoping you would get a shot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2212 on: October 15, 2008, 09:22:15 am »
Too many pictures to look at - my computer quit loading em up toward the end :D. I could tell it was the standard good life though, hehheh :). Stuck in Houston again this week, heavy rain today - maybe I'll go fishin.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2213 on: October 16, 2008, 05:43:41 am »
Stay dry Cowboy,maybe you could get Tiller down with his boat. ;) ;D I need to go back and clean out some of the old pictures one of these days.I did that a while back,guess it is time to do it again.
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2214 on: October 16, 2008, 08:15:05 am »
We're getting a little rain here ourselves today, with a cold front coming in behind it. About time! Been unseasonably warm so far this season. Hopefully the cooler weather will get the deer moving.  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2215 on: October 17, 2008, 05:17:12 am »
Got some rain and it cooled off,highs in the low 60's and lows in the high 30's so maybe even
with the almost full moon the hunting will be a little better this weekend,at least we won't be
sweating. ;) ;D BigA ,CastIron and I think KingRon are coming down to stay ,so it should be another
fun weekend.I had an Uncle pass early week so I have to be a pallbearer today.I will be late
getting to the cabin and am sure I won't have time to hunt today,maybe they will have supper
ready when I get there. ;) ;D Only planes are to hunt,shoot some and maybe work on my
stone bow,and of course hope to be skinning a deer or 2. :) Hope yall have a good one also.
[life is good],sometimes short so enjoy it while you got it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2216 on: October 17, 2008, 08:51:11 am »
Sorry to hear about your uncle Pap. Your right of course, only get one shot at it..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Ranger B

« Reply #2217 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:47 am »
Hope to get over there this weekend but it's looking pretty full.  I'm off next week so the Hammer and I will get back into the woods on Monday.  Got some birds I've been watching and would like to get a fall turkey. 

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2218 on: October 17, 2008, 10:47:19 pm »
    Sounds like you guy's are having a good year and a lot of fun. I'd love to make it up there. Sorry about your Uncle ,Pappy. My uncles have been my best friends and teachers. Jimmie glad to see you home, the son took that job with a contractor I was telling you about and left Ft. Benning this afternoon for Tikrit, Iraq. His address has Constant Hawk in it and his company started the Drones, so I guess he has his dream job playing video games. Good luck the rest of the season, guy's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Ranger B

« Reply #2219 on: October 18, 2008, 09:58:15 am »
I know exactly where he's at...FOB Speicher in Tikrit.  I spent a year there.  He'll be living the big life there.