Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4707796 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2220 on: October 18, 2008, 11:12:44 am »
  Yep, that's the place. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2221 on: October 19, 2008, 11:04:56 pm »
Just a few pic's of some of the happenings at the club this weekend. Jesse fleshing out Keith's deer hide from the buck he took.

Jesse will soon be leaving for Afganistan. We hope and pray that he and all our troops remain safe. It's been a pleasure to get to know Jesse (Leapingbare) and Jimmy (RangerB)...the fighting in Afganistan will have a different meaning for me personally knowing that a couple of my friends are over there in harms way.

Pappy getting some more leg sinew using Jesse's technique, and splitting an osage log.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #2222 on: October 20, 2008, 12:12:16 am »
 Great pictures ! You guys need to get ya a big washpot,set them carcasses to boiling till that meat wants to fall off,pick it out and have you some pulled venison taco's.Oh baby !  Couple ob beers to wash 'em down. Yuck !   Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2223 on: October 20, 2008, 05:59:20 am »
Yes it was a great weekend,BigA scored and the rest of us had close encounters and misses,can't ask for more than that.We hunted a lot and eat very well [Thanks to CastIron] I think he was the only one that didn't get a shot,that is good for the deer,cause he don't miss much. ;) ;D Here are
some pictures. By the way this was Jesse's last weekend with us for a while ,he is being deplored
Friday to Afghanistan,we will miss him. :( Hope he keeps his head down.First is  KingRon keeping
the fire going,Jesse doing a little napping,Jesse's little sinew backed Osage,3 layers and ready to tiller,Grant getting supper ready and BigA getting his stuff ready for the morning hunt.
Life is good  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2224 on: October 20, 2008, 06:02:52 am »
Supper and a little rest and relaxing,then Brekfast,man do we eat a lot. ;D I ant sure
but I think Jesse is about to take GregB's crown on the eating thing,man can he put it away. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2225 on: October 20, 2008, 06:09:41 am »
BigA working on a little Osage project,he wants to have 3 roughed in for some kids at the up coming Classic,Me and Jesse taking care of Keith's deer,all he wanted was the horns,he has enough meat so by the time we were done there wasn't much left,Hide sinew,leg bones and of course the boned out meat,also Jesse showing me how to make some blades to work on my stone bow.I am
a very slow learner on the blade making,I screw up the cone he had made to get the blades from.
He tried to make me feel better by telling me how much practice it took,but he make it look so easy.
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2226 on: October 20, 2008, 06:18:28 am »
More blades,Sinew from Keith's deer,BigA scores,on that note don't every let anyone tell you a deer can't go fan with a double lung shot.I have been guilty of saying the same thing but this one came by me like a rocket and ran at least 200 yards.He thought he made a prefect shot and I was begining
to wonder,when we found her we checked it out good and in the last picture you can see where
Jesse is pointing with his fingers,right through the middle of both lungs.Yet she went 200 yards.I know this ant normal but I have had one buck do the same thing so don't give up it happens
sometime.Hope yall had a good one also.We sure did. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2227 on: October 20, 2008, 06:21:44 am »
O ya,the last was supper,not lungs  ;) ;D next to the last was the lung shot.The last was grill Salmon
and vineson cooked over the fire,man was that good. Life is good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #2228 on: October 20, 2008, 07:17:54 am »
Congratulations Anthony, You guys don't need to shoot so many deer. Save some for seed lol. Looks like another great weekend. Thanks for your service Jesse. Take care over there.
My son in law is going back to Iraq for his second tour in Janurary, Sure wish we could keep all our boys home.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2229 on: October 20, 2008, 08:19:22 am »
Keith's buck ran around 300 yards shot down through the back. The broadhead was sticking into the top of the lungs being jerked back and forth with the deer running. Left a hole in the top of the lungs big enough to stick your fist into. Still ran that far...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2230 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:46 am »
Was that the same hide Jesse fleshed out? I noticed the hole was dead center, man that adrenaline works wonders. Anybody ever tell ya'll - Ya'll eat a lot :D. Those are some beautiful points and blades Jesse, and keep your head down over there - your going to be one of the masters ;). Congrats BigA, enjoyed the pic's - almost feel like I was there..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline BearG

« Reply #2231 on: October 20, 2008, 10:31:49 am »
Jesse be careful over there,  and thanks for your service.  Your a great guy in my book.
Pappy, I shoot a big doe yesterday morning with the widow.  Looked like a great heart shoot at 16 yards got a pass through.
tracked great blood for 300 yards then nothing we end up way off the property .  On soneone who won't let you track on her property.  and couldn't find her.  I guess the arrow was either low or back.  this sucks :-X
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2232 on: October 20, 2008, 11:36:52 am »
Been there done that,and yes it dose suck.Maybe you hit her low and in the brisket below the heart.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #2233 on: October 20, 2008, 11:56:41 am »
Yep thats what we thought too. :'(

Offline BearG

« Reply #2234 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10:00 pm »
The pat that really sucks is it would have been my 2nd bow kill ever.  Guess I need my couch (Pappy) to score ;D