Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708390 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2250 on: October 21, 2008, 05:42:10 pm »
oh man, you guys arnt there yet? i thought that was a retirement home alrdy. hmmm  >:D
Mililani Hawaii

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2251 on: October 21, 2008, 06:01:07 pm »
YOU Young Wipper snapper!!! Wait till I get my cane up side your backside!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D Where did I put my geritol???
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #2252 on: October 21, 2008, 11:41:29 pm »
 My buddy say's it can take awhile to get to the ground out of his stand,better lay in some depends.  >:D ;D  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2253 on: October 22, 2008, 07:33:42 am »
Your in Tiller,that tent of yours don't take up much room. ;) ;D ;D Joanie calls it my home away from home now so I guess I am kind of semi retired there already. ;) I plan to get out after them today,
the weather is nice and they are calling for rain Thursday and Friday,then we have the youth hunt
this weekend,the only time from late Sept.through the first part of Jan. you can't hunt so I need
to get out before the kids.I have 2 youth as far as I know coming to spend the weekend,I always
enjoy that.I cook and cater to them and try to get them on some deer.This is my favorite time of the
year,the bucks aren't in full rut,just wandering around checking things out.Once the rut gets into
full swing the bucks can be anywhere and almost always moving,so now through early Nov.I think is the prime time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2254 on: October 22, 2008, 08:29:18 am »
What did I get started!  ;D I want a spot to bunk in the cabin, don't think my ole bones would hold up to sleeping in a tent in the night air!  ;D  Tiller is still a youngster, he can still handle the elements for a few more years... :) , and beside's, we can't have him fuming up the cabin unless he gets busy making some 'Rutting Buck soap"!  ;D

CastIron, everything is still in fine working order in the food consumption and waste removal department!  ;D  Bring on the Venison, taters, beans, turnip greens and cornbread! ;D Oh yeah, what's for desert?  ;)

Keenan, it could eventually get down right nasty when a few of us start having hardening of the arteries and going senile!  ;D

Jesse, careful...we were considering you for a handy man position which would involve keeping us supplied with flint knifes, rawhide, chaffeuring us back and forth to our tree stands, dragging out deer, etc...  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2255 on: October 22, 2008, 07:02:08 pm »
How about "doe in heat?"  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2256 on: October 22, 2008, 08:18:32 pm »
Greg, I think some of us already have the senile thing going. ;D  Hardening of the arteries ??? the way you all eat ::) ::) ::)   Kinda hard to cut out the meat, taters and gravy aint it :'(   I think it we just keep adding more of Eddies peppers we'll all be fine. ;D

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2257 on: October 22, 2008, 11:32:11 pm »
Great! A bunch of old farts blowen hot gass out the back end!!!  >:D ;) ;D

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2258 on: October 23, 2008, 01:20:41 am »
I know we're already on the list, we do have to up grade old 30 pack (the camper) she's kind of in dire straights. Hell, I've been threatening Pappy for years I'm bringing my mailbox. Jessie you stay safe, Jimmy that goes for you too. BigA good shooting, rub some that luck on me, Oh yea, thats not luck thats just master of the bow. I hope I get my chance this weekend, have been seeing some but nothing close, not does anyway. had some spikes and small 6 or 8 pointer come by, but with allowed only one buck in Indiana, I'm going to wait alittle bit. Haven't seen much in Ohio yet. yall take care.   

Brothe Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2259 on: October 23, 2008, 05:33:51 am »
O so now you are a trophy hunter. ??? ;) ;D ;D Ya the thirty pack will have to have some upgrades,it don't fit the decor.  ;) ;D I already have my senior moments. :) Seen a nice buck yesterday but no
shot,maybe this evening.One of these days he just might make a mistake,he almost did yesterday. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2260 on: October 23, 2008, 08:27:23 am »
I planned to hunt yesterday after work until the wife reminded me we had to go pick up a couch. I was standing on the deck waiting for her to come out when I saw a doe just inside the woods off the backyard. It stepped into the yard and started walking along the edge. I went in to get my bow and got scolded by the wife telling me we had to leave. :(

If the rain will hold off this afternoon till dark, I'll give it a try...
Greg

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2261 on: October 23, 2008, 09:26:30 am »
Pappy, save me a spot to build a wigwam in about twenty years......:)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2262 on: October 23, 2008, 09:45:51 am »
I hope I am still around in 20 years,if the young wipper snappers every take over who knows
what will happen. ;) ;D ;D But you got a spot as long as I am around. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2263 on: October 23, 2008, 12:58:03 pm »
Pappy,
You never did say if I had a bunk in the cabin or not for retirement???  ;D
Greg

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2264 on: October 23, 2008, 03:26:43 pm »
Greg, if they dont allow you in the cabin you can set up a pup tent next to mine!  ;D