Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708805 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2265 on: October 23, 2008, 09:48:04 pm »
I wouldn't mind building me a cabin back off in one of them hollers - plenty of tall straight trees around. I'll bring my axe next year and get it started ::) ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2266 on: October 23, 2008, 10:33:30 pm »
Need a room mate? I'll help ya build the place,  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

« Reply #2267 on: October 23, 2008, 10:48:01 pm »
That'd be great David, I'll need some help - but ya gotta bring only the uncented soap. Oh yeah, and we have to get the OK from Pappy ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2268 on: October 24, 2008, 12:05:51 am »
With me around ya gots yourself a life time supply! Now just remember to hold onto the fat and suet from all your kills.  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2269 on: October 24, 2008, 06:29:21 am »
Well finely Friday,got big plans for the weekend.It is the youth weekend so I have some kids
coming down to try there hand at taking a deer or 2. I always enjoy this weekend.I get to cook
and cater to them all weekend and try and get them on a deer. It also gives me time to catch
my breath and get all my hunting gear back up in shape and do a little shooting while them and
there dads are out hunting.I have a pretty good menu planed,Deer roast and brown beans tonight and the I plan on a deer stew for Sat.Lunch.I think CastIron is coming down so there is no telling
what he will come up with but you can bet it will be good.I hunted yesterday evening and seen
5 doe but Mooie didn't show up.I ant usually to picky but I passed on a shot at a Skipper[As Dick calles them]  ;D I think it was the one BigA left without a Mother. ;) :) About 60lbs and my freezer
is full so I figured I would wait till later on in the year ,or who knows depending on my mood maybe this evening.I plan on going this evening if the rain will stop and give it one more chance before the kids get out there.Hope yall have a good one.Hopefully some picture Monday with kids and deer. :)
Life is good. :) ;) O Ya GregB you got a bed anytime. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2270 on: October 24, 2008, 08:31:03 am »
Life is good.   O Ya GregB you got a bed anytime.   
Thank you Pappy...you made my life!  ;D

Greg, if they dont allow you in the cabin you can set up a pup tent next to mine! 
David, I appreciate the offer...but as you can see...I GET TO SLEEP IN THE CABIN!  ;D  Tiller, you know of course I'd have had to set my tent up-wind from yours!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2271 on: October 24, 2008, 09:29:46 am »
I thought yall was going to be tent mates. I think yall could both fit in Tillers tent if you
suck it in. ;) ;D ;D ;D Now that's a visual. :o :o
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2272 on: October 24, 2008, 01:05:39 pm »
Nah! Only others of the opposite sex are allowed in my tent with me. Its OH, so cozy!!!!  ;D

Ranger B

« Reply #2273 on: October 24, 2008, 08:26:08 pm »
Sat in the rain for 3 hours this morning then went over to Pappy's to debone my deer and chase some Osage rings.  I had hoped to see Pappy but he wasn't over there yet.  I had my helper with me....it was just the two of us.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #2274 on: October 25, 2008, 09:11:54 am »
Can't think of a better way to spend a rainy day, looks like yer helper was having fun too.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #2275 on: October 25, 2008, 01:54:03 pm »
 That's a rainy day ? Why,you can see the tree's across the open there.Heck up here in southeast Alaska,with all them green leaves and all,the girls would still be in their bikini's.
Started snowing last night,suns up and out this morning,reckon it is time to go take a walk in the forest.Get some good pictures if nothing else.

That's a fine looking youngster there.keep him in the tree's and outa the town.Those young one's are the ones that will be trying to limit development of the land in the next 15 or 20 years.There is no end in sight right now.
 Good hunting all !    Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2276 on: October 26, 2008, 08:05:37 pm »
 Good for you Ranger B. Nothing better then the time spent with loved ones. Especially when it's sewing into our future generation. Your an inspiration to many. ;)

Pappy I'm not picky on location as long as I don't have to bunk with Tiller (He snores and He's smelly) ;D >:D

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #2277 on: October 26, 2008, 08:35:07 pm »
I do NOT snore!!!  >:( The secong parts true!  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2278 on: October 27, 2008, 05:48:42 am »
Well we had a great weekend,the kids didn't get anything,They seen deer but couldn't get a shot off,they were only 8 so they are still learning on how to move and when not to move. ;) ;D
Most of my buddies were down and we got a lot of other stuff done while the kid were out.
I made a new neck knife,GregB skeined a rattler for the skin and we had some great Stir fried snake from CastIron,it was tasty. :) Grant also got his Hickory bow braced and the tip overlays glued on.
We ate good also,I think I put on 5 lbs over the weekend .Here are some pictures,Hope yall had a great one also.Life is good. ;) :) The first is my new knife,then some more leg sinew from Jimmy's
buck and Supper Friday night. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2279 on: October 27, 2008, 05:51:53 am »
My knife finished,the 2 boys that were there for the hunt,Venison stew for Sat. lunch,GregB getting some Cain ready for the hunt and the boys with Greg's snake. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good