Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695122 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2400 on: November 19, 2008, 03:38:04 am »
Life dosen't get much better guys, Sorry about the buck Greg as stated it happens and you gave your best effort. ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2401 on: November 19, 2008, 05:51:44 am »
I'll have it all togeather by the time you get back Jesse.Can't wait.Glad to have you as a member
we needed some young blood to keep things going.Plus a strong back to drag deer. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2402 on: November 19, 2008, 08:09:13 am »
Plus a strong back to drag deer.

Yeah, we probably shouldn't hunt that stand next to the bluff until Jesse is back to help us drag out the deer. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2403 on: November 19, 2008, 10:29:55 am »
Good times once more :). Too bad about your deer GregB - it do happen. Hey Pappy: how about that drawknifeing on the pole hide fleshing? Purty quick and clean?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2404 on: November 19, 2008, 11:08:09 am »
Ya it is a lot quicker than the way I have done it before,on a table flat wit a scraper.I just hope I got all the membrane off. My draw knife might be a little to sharp,I had to be careful not to cut through
the hide.We will see what kind of job I did when Jesse gets back.He may scold me. ;) :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2405 on: November 19, 2008, 02:09:47 pm »
i Sure there are a few scores in the hide from the draw knife,, if there is any membrain left will get it with some 180g sand paper when the hide is racked.
Also if you wont to put the smoker together this is how.
 the stove pipe.  get 2 elbow sections and one 2-3 foot strait section.  Flip the trash can upside down and take a Bowie knife and cut a X in the center of the bottom of the can. than fold the V's out  (Not in).  put the pipe together to form a elongated S shape. tape the pipe together. than tape the pants leg to one end of the S.
 Hope i made this understandable.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2406 on: November 20, 2008, 05:54:13 am »
I'll get the stuff and just wait till you get back to put it togeather. :) Thought I was going to get a shot yesterday,had a little doe come in and low and behold behind her about 10 minutes was a nice
little buck,he never knew I was there but he didn't want to come over and Play. ;) ;D I been
trying to hunt the evenings all this week,the big guns come out Sat. :( one more day after
today and then back to the cabin for a week.Just can't get enough of this stuff. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2407 on: November 20, 2008, 06:56:17 am »
I'm on vacation for 11 days myself Pappy :) Of course I don't have a nice cabin to go to but all the same
I'm free to hunt and work on bows :) Rifle season is on here so won't bow hunt but I did shoot a nice fat (140 lb)doe
last night with my rifle, a man has to eat eh ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2408 on: November 20, 2008, 07:29:21 am »
Don't blame you there,a man has to eat.We can bow hunt through all of the seasons,so that is what I do,plus I don't have to worry about them gun hunters being to close to me. ;) ;D I have
plenty of meat now but probably would still take another doe if given the chance,never know what next year will hold and it will keep. ;) ;D I still have 1 hind quarter and back straps in the cooler
for next weeks meals.I plan to hunt hard the first few days then try and finish my Osage bow
and get an Ash bow that I am making for one of my Yankee friends to at least brace.If I can
get that much done I will be happy.I think GreB ,CastIron and sawfiler and coming down at least part of the week Not sure about BigA, so it should be fun.The weather is supposed to me nice.
40s and 20s.Wished you could make it down sometime ,you wouldn't know how to handle decent weather. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2409 on: November 20, 2008, 08:48:50 am »
Been snowing off and on for a wek now and the forcast is the same for next week, I'm lucky I kive in the southern UP
only have about 4 or 5" of snow. But up north where El Destructo is from their buried. I hunt 270 acres of private land up north a ways
hope I can still get into the 2 rut, when I left last night it was a blizzard, going to head up later and try to blaze a trail in.
Happy Hunting eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Frodo

« Reply #2410 on: November 20, 2008, 12:34:41 pm »
I missed a easy shot on a doe yesterday afternoon not to happy with myself, but looking forward to Friday when I can try again.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2411 on: November 20, 2008, 12:55:50 pm »
It happens,where were you hunting,did you see anything Sunday morning? Sorry about the truck
Terry didn't know you were there.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Frodo

« Reply #2412 on: November 20, 2008, 02:49:57 pm »
Somewhere over near lock b, not sure exactly where jared stacy put me in a ground blind and sure enough 2 does came down the logging road right in front of me, about 5 yard should not have missed. Didnt see anything got a phone call and had to leave early, I figured he didn't know i was there it is no big deal.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2413 on: November 21, 2008, 05:41:38 am »
Well its Friday ,I am headed to the cabin as soon as I get off for a week.Can't wait.I
have no big plans as usuall,just hunt and work on bows and some other projects I have going.
The weather is supposed to be good for hunting so I do plan on spending at least a few day,all day in the woods.It is hard for me to do that a lot,I always get to thinking I may miss something
going on down at the shop.I love to hunt but love the other stuff almost as much.Hope yall have a good week and Thanksgiving.I will have some good pictures of the week next Monday for
sure. Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Frodo

« Reply #2414 on: November 22, 2008, 02:32:21 am »
Saw Three does today never got a shot and had some great conversations. All in all a great Friday afternoon at pappy's.