Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705658 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2655 on: January 26, 2009, 03:04:06 pm »
I'd much rather be splitting hickory staves instead of working on repairs...hopefully the insurance will take care of it.

I'd rather be dealing with a Water Leak...than what I am going through right now.....try starting over at 50.....nuff said..... :'(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2656 on: January 27, 2009, 05:29:02 am »
Good luck Greg,I hate plumming.Rather do anything than that.  :) Going to be cold Sat.may have to split a lot to keep warm down in the hollow. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #2657 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:14 am »
pappy  life is good  becouse  no  matter  how  bad  aday  or  week  as far  as that goes  i  alwayes   leave  with  a  smile  i wish  everbody  could b as  lucky  as  a  twin oaks member   sodbuster

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2658 on: January 27, 2009, 12:48:55 pm »
I hear you Chris it's my stress relief.I wished they all come come down anytime they wanted.
There are several here that have pretty good Man caves of there own. :) I for one would go
stark raving mad without it, I am almost there anyway. ;) ;D ;D At least that's what I am told. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2659 on: January 27, 2009, 02:02:19 pm »
I for one would go
stark raving mad without it, I am almost there anyway.    At least that's what I am told.

Pappy, I don't care what they say...we're all perfectly sane! Now where did those pink elephants go I was hunting? ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline fencepost

« Reply #2660 on: January 27, 2009, 02:34:45 pm »
Thanks to all at twin oaks for the membership Next time I will bring a bigger pot of stew

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #2661 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:50 pm »
hay new member  hoe did u shoot at old hickory  u  catch on quick    hay  u rember our  partner on the  whitetail classic  jessie  he  be back  in  about  38 days  cant wait  jessie 

Offline fencepost

« Reply #2662 on: January 27, 2009, 11:57:44 pm »
Old Hickory was fun had 9 trad shooters .The range was all flat 25 to 35 yd shots real open. The wheelie boys move slow but I will go again. Grady is always a hoot to shoot with.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2663 on: January 28, 2009, 06:03:36 am »
Glad you found the thread,it will take some time to look it over.But you and your daughter are in it several times.Glad to have you as a new TwinOaks member and also member here. We are ready for another big year at the club and here at PA also. And ya a bigger pot would be good. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2664 on: January 28, 2009, 08:37:32 am »
Good to see you around here fencepost and sodbuster. Yall get good at the bowmaking and we'll appreciate some help during the Classic when you're not doing other stuff like running the noveltie's, or replenishing water on the course, or working in concessions, or carrying fire wood to some of the camp sites, or getting hay spread out to sop up the mud, or putting out the targets, or working signing folks up to shoot, or mowing the grounds, or spreading gravel, or cutting fire wood, or clearing the courses, or putting out signs, or anything else a senior member might "ask" you to do! ;D Fun stuff! ;)
Greg

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #2665 on: January 28, 2009, 02:55:43 pm »
that just  a small price  you pay  for  a place  in heaven   this  is  a quote  from  a fallen  bower  an brother yank  i  love twin  oaks

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2666 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:08 am »
You're right sodbuster! I work a lot harder at the club on stuff then I do at home, but love it! Don't tell my wife, although I think she already knows. ;D
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2667 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:45 am »
Ya if I had to work as hard at work as I do down there I would quit. :) But it is a different
kind of work and I also love it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2668 on: January 29, 2009, 12:38:58 pm »

As the saying goes, " Any day above ground is a good day! "  ;D   Eldestructo, all the best to you buddy.  One door closes, another opens.   ;)
                                                                               Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2669 on: January 29, 2009, 05:32:26 pm »
Wayne ....I think that if this Door Closes.....I am going to Nail it Shut....Aint worth it to me to Open another...not now anyways

Thanks Guys for the Support....I am going to need all I can get ....with this and My Dad having Bladder Cancer....been a bad start to a New Year.....c/mon Classic....I need some of that sweet Tennessee Spring Water and Down Deep Suthin Hospitality!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome