Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4704683 times)

Offline rollinman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2670 on: January 29, 2009, 05:40:00 pm »
 Hi Pappy, It's been a while. Can you let me have the Twin Oaks address? I got something for you guys you might like.
     Thanks, John
Fat,drunk,and stupid is no way to go through life son... Dean Wormer

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2671 on: January 30, 2009, 05:39:53 am »
The location address or mailing address ,They are different. Well it Friday again and I am headed down as soon as I can get out of here.Heater is out at the cabin so I got that to deal with when I get there,may have to sleep by the fire tonight. ;) ;D We got no big plans,just going to start getting some stuff togeather for the Classic,Stave's,and some general clean up.I laid out the stuff
for a big pot of Chile,for Sat.I also have a snaky Osage I may get started on.If it is pretty in the morning a may go after them tree rats for a little while and do some stump shooting,ant shot in a week or 2 so I need to get back at it.Hope yall have a good one.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2672 on: January 30, 2009, 08:28:24 am »
Insert Quote
 Hi Pappy, It's been a while. Can you let me have the Twin Oaks address? I got something for you guys you might like.
     Thanks, John

John,
The address is...

Greg Bagwell
1147 Whis..... ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2673 on: January 30, 2009, 09:52:36 am »
 ;D ;D ;D   The Farm address is 1079 Ashley rd.Chapmansboro,TN. 37035 but there is no mail box there.Anything that needs to be mailed comes to Mark Baggett, 4435 Ashland city Rd. Clarksville,TN. 37043. :)  Nice try GregB. ;) ;D ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline rollinman

« Reply #2674 on: January 30, 2009, 04:08:16 pm »
thanks Pappy, I'll get right on it.
                         John
Fat,drunk,and stupid is no way to go through life son... Dean Wormer

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #2675 on: February 01, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »
pappy i talked to my cuz this morning he siad  he though nancy shoot was the 4 5  of april    jessie how many more days  

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2676 on: February 02, 2009, 05:57:46 am »
Had a great weekend,got another Osage Snake bow well on the way to brace,we got about 20 Hickory stave's ready to lay out and almost have my ash bow finished,just need to finish sealing.
We of course ate good and some of the boy came down and started filling the freezer with tree rats[22] I decided not to go and let them go get um.We had a little excitement Friday night when Sadie
came back to camp and had had a little problem with a Skunk,the skunk won I think. ;) ;D ;D
Here are some pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one also.Life is good. The snow
picture is what we had last week,big snow for us.The last is the Osage snake bow just getting ready to put on the form. The middle are Supper.good Chile. ;) :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2677 on: February 02, 2009, 06:01:11 am »
Osage on the form,man it needed some work,and spliting some nice Hickory staves. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2678 on: February 02, 2009, 06:04:42 am »
The Osage after the form work,Sadie looking pretty sad,after the bout with the Skunk,don't think she will take one of them on again,and a little relaxing in the Cabin Friday night. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2679 on: February 02, 2009, 06:08:19 am »
Me mixing a little glue for a project GregB has going on,I will let it be a supprise.And more Hickory work,getting there. :)
      Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2680 on: February 02, 2009, 06:12:09 am »
 Nice looking pics Pappy, looks like yr not sleeping as well. It's 2:07 am here so it's probably about 4:07 there ::)  Snake is looking nice. I'm going to have to get one of those snaky osage staves to work some day.  Hoping to come to the classic this year. thanks for sharing the pics.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2681 on: February 02, 2009, 06:12:37 am »
Cleaning a few squirrels,KinkRon keeping us up to date on what is going on with PA.The Osage almost ready for a short brace.Great weekend,now 5 day and I can do it again.Life is good. ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2682 on: February 02, 2009, 06:15:03 am »
Ya I am a early bird,Hope you can make it,Maybe we can get more time to talk this year,I don't
get to mingle as much as I would like at the Classic. :(
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2683 on: February 02, 2009, 08:19:35 am »
Spent Saturday evening and most of the day yesterday straightening cane...that river cane sure is time consuming. Broke a couple trying to straighten the nodes. The tonkin is much easier, but smaller diameter. I'm not sure if it will be large enough to just cut in a self-nock.

Got a good start on the hickory, going to be some other folks at the Classic this year with osage also. Hope to make tillering strings, bow strings, and bow stringer's as well.

Dana, found that maple stave you gave me. Also found the hhb roughed in bow that Ryan gave me last year during the Classic. We haven't found the elm stave yet though Ryan.  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2684 on: February 02, 2009, 11:28:24 am »
Greg that stave is Yellow Birch not maple ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI