Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708118 times)

Offline TRACY

Re: Life is good
« Reply #2715 on: February 09, 2009, 12:39:36 pm »
Real bummer about the ash bow. Was anyone in the outhouse? ;D I like the pruning technique and the use of the cart. I did that last weekend with my climber on a broken tree and would have to agree with your statement about things we get into. Looks like a great time!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2716 on: February 10, 2009, 05:44:43 am »
Ya I hated it also cause it was for a good friend,we had cut the tree off his place a few years back.He lives in MI. I hate to break one anytime but much worse if it is for someone else.
No one in the out house.I wanted to just burn them but the guys wanted to keep them
for old time sake.Lot of good memories in there. ;) ;D ;D I told them Sat. we are all getting older and really need to be more careful,didn't help.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2717 on: February 10, 2009, 09:31:31 am »
I haven't checked in in awhile, looking at the pictures and seeing all the familiar sights and faces I kinda feel like I came back to visit the old home place after having been gone for several years ;D. Too bad about that ash bow, I got a lot of ash stored up kinda wonder about it now. Good pic of the outhouse and trailor - ya aught to try that with a with a full size tractor and trailor and truck :-X.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2718 on: February 10, 2009, 10:14:32 am »
Good to here from you cowboy,I have made some good bows from ash ,so no worrie you should
be fine,It just happens sometime,what bothered me is I really can't see why. Hope you get to
make it back in May,we are trying to get some rock piled up for yall. ;) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2719 on: February 12, 2009, 08:00:28 am »
I guess after all the years of my deer hunting, the deer finally took some revenge this morning...had one ram the drivers side door and leave a good sized dent. I'm sure it will be a little sore, but it was able to leave the scene of the accident.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2720 on: February 12, 2009, 11:02:21 am »
Don't sound like life was to good this morning, ;) ;D You couldn't run it down,Backstraps ummmm
good. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2721 on: February 12, 2009, 01:08:47 pm »
I just don't understand why people leave perfectly good food on the side of the road!

I mean, a neighbor the other day hit a deer so I asked her if she put it in the freezer for dinner. You should have seen the scandalized look on her face! She said "It was just AWFULLL! How could you eat something after that?"

I think my response was something like "But, They taste SOOOO GOOOOD!" I think I was drooling a little at the time too  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2722 on: February 12, 2009, 02:01:18 pm »
David, I think I addled this one some...but it never loss its footing. Maybe this fall we'll meet again. :)
Greg

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #2723 on: February 12, 2009, 03:48:02 pm »
greg need to adj your headlights to get a better line of sight  we need back straps

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2724 on: February 12, 2009, 07:52:35 pm »
Greg, ya need to put blades on your hubcaps. That way as you pass by it will slice them into perfectly sized steaks!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2725 on: February 13, 2009, 05:40:32 am »
I was kidding with GregB yesterday and dang if I didn't hit one this morning,let me rephrase that she hit me,Don't think it hurt her to bad and no dents in the car. :) Friday again,got a lot to do this
evening and Sat.Miss Joanie has plans for me Sat. night.It is Valentine's day as I am sure you all
know. ;) ;D We have a lot of cleaning up to do to get ready for the TTAS banquet.The good thing
about this is it will give us a headstart for the Classic.I want to work on my Osage and might get time tonight but Sat. I guess will be all business.  :-\ :'( It will be fun anyway,we work hard down there sometimes but it don't seem like work.Labor of love I guess. Hope yall have a good one also.
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2726 on: February 13, 2009, 06:41:51 am »
Thanks for reminding me about Valentine's Day Pappy, guess I better do something nice for the wife eh ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2727 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:37 am »
I already bought a Big Red Teddy Bear that say I Love You 4 ever on it (the Wife can't resist Teddy Bears...She's a Boyd's Bear Fanatic!) and a Sing Hallmark Valentines Card....2 dozen Pink Roses....2 dozen small black ... and pink Helium Balloons...and 4 Big Red Helium Balloons.....and a I made a CD with nothing but Her favorite Love Songs from the 70's and 80's.....I am going to put all of the small balloons inside of Her Truck at work.... along with the dozen flowers and the Singing Card and the Teddy Bear....and I am going to have the CD in the Player set to start playing..."I Can't Stop This Feeling Anymore"....as soon as She starts the Truck....and I am going to put the big Balloons....two to a Mirror on the Outside so She and every other Person that She works with can see them as they walk to the Parking Lot at Quitting Time.....I am either going to make Points....or really piss Her off.........lets hope for the first choice ...not the Later!!!!  Wish Me Luck.....Pappy and Dana know what I am talking about...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2728 on: February 13, 2009, 09:55:57 am »
Man if that don't do it nothing will,and I though you didn't have any feelings. ;) ;D Awesome !!!!
Good luck. :) I don't know how you came up with all that stuff, ??? my mind just don't work
that way,wished it did a little more. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2729 on: February 13, 2009, 01:01:11 pm »
My wife told me that Valentine's day isn't a big deal...this year. She suggested we go eat breakfast Sunday morning instead of dinner Saturday night when the restarants are so busy. Works for me! ;D

Next year, she informed me... could be a different situation depending on what kind of mood she's in... ;D
Greg