Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694729 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2760 on: February 23, 2009, 06:17:34 am »
Just like I thought ,a great weekend,Had Dan,Bear and Steve down from Ohio,and also Jerry and another Dan there working on bows.Got 4 braced and Steve's out to 50@21.We also got the Kitchen finished,all except moving the stuff back in.Greg and Big A got the stave's all cut out and ready for the form for the Classic and of course we ate good. :) Had or yearly Squirrel hunt and the guys killed a bunch of them,now we have enough for our gumbo for the Banquet.Woody won the
tournament with 9 I think. They were useing 22's but that is still good hunting for this time of the year. Here are some pictures of the weekend. :) Life is good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2761 on: February 23, 2009, 06:20:53 am »
Seemed like all I did this weekend was file in nocks,They didn't want to mess them up,I told them thats how I learned,messing a lot of them up. ;) The Kitchen when we started,KingRons new hat and a little time around the fire,the kids have a ball down there. :)

Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:54:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2762 on: February 23, 2009, 06:24:19 am »
More kids,pretty little girls,GregB and his brother,looks a lot a like,Big A with Annie and Hanna,
Annie has already out grown Her Mother. Bear and Dan with there bows at first brace,Looking
good.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:54:55 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2763 on: February 23, 2009, 06:31:21 am »
Case still trying to learn to build a fire, ;) :) Big A laying out a kids bow,Dan learning to fletch arrows
he is a new guy hanging around and he is learning fast.Bear working on tips and Jerry doing a little sanding on his Hickory bow.Pete [Fencepost] just getting in from the morning hunt.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:56:05 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2764 on: February 23, 2009, 06:36:42 am »
Man this kid has some hair,said it took 7 years to grow,how do yall think I would look with some of them. ;) ;D ;D Bro Dan's bow after brace we flipped the tips and then we rawhided it,it had some worm holes so we decided that might be good protection.More arrow making and Chris[sodbuster] with more meat for the pot. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:56:48 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #2765 on: February 23, 2009, 06:41:26 am »
Looks like a fun time Pappy wish I were there.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2766 on: February 23, 2009, 06:43:18 am »
Little tiller stick work on Jerry's bow,I traded my Carp skin Hickory to Chris for a large elk antler,I think he got the best end of the deal but he has wanted that bow ever since I built it and I would have probably given it to him anyway. :) Putting deer rawhide on Bro Dans bow and Woody's new hat he got in South America last month,I told him he needed 2 of them. ;) ;D ;D ;D and of course Supper.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:57:29 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2767 on: February 23, 2009, 06:47:20 am »
It was a blast Cracker, ;) :) wished you could also. Happy guys all 3 bows Braced and I out to 20 in.
they plan on finishing them at the Classic. The kitchen finished,thanks to Grant, Art and KingRon. ;D
Great time.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:57:57 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2768 on: February 23, 2009, 08:15:57 am »
Definitely was a fun time this weekend, and we got a lot done for sure. Kitchen turned out nice...great work guys!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Big A

« Reply #2769 on: February 23, 2009, 09:05:28 am »
It has always been  good to work with that bunch at Twin Oaks. We seem to help and work together well. And you can tell look at all we get done in a weekend. I like the teamwork.
Big A

Offline BearG

« Reply #2770 on: February 23, 2009, 10:25:21 am »
Thanks for all your hospitality, Mark , Greg , Big A, and King Ron.

Had a great weekend good food, cold beer, and bow building. don't get much better than that.  Mark thanks for all your help on our bows, and I'm glad you made my do alot on my own.  That way I can learn, and this bow has taught me alot.
Thanks again and as always life was good.
Bear
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2771 on: February 23, 2009, 12:56:21 pm »
Looks fun guys.
Chris sure looks happy holding that bow.
I dont know were all found them tree rats.. i have never seen a one ever not even deer hunting out there last year..
Mililani Hawaii

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #2772 on: February 23, 2009, 03:22:30 pm »
like i said you always leave twin oaks with a smile

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2773 on: February 23, 2009, 04:04:46 pm »

Man, that is a nice Kitchen!  Gonna be some fine meals cooked up in there.  Boy those fuzzy tailed tree rats sure look good.  A couple of Fox squirrels too. :P  Sure seems like a great time there.  Dang, a bow for an Elk horn?!  I am going out to Montana in May, and will have to talk my buddy out of some of the pile of huge sheds he has! ;D ;D  Looks like it will be a fun time at the Classics.  Maybe next year, I will be able to go there.

Wayne 

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2774 on: February 23, 2009, 07:50:32 pm »
As it's said in the tittle "Life is good" down at the cabin. Thanks, Mark for almost your undivided attention to me and my bow, we got what we intended, to get the bow to the rawhide stage, that was the main agenda. Everything else was icing on the cake. Thanks again Mark and Greg for your wisdom of the bow. As usual when I get down there I don't want to leave,even when the weather was cold and rainy. But to all the Twin Oaks boys, thanks and it was great seeing you guys and I'll see you at the Classic.

PS- Pappy, even know I can screw up a perfectly good piece of wood,and I am "11th" down on your list,I don't think it turned out to bad so far,and also I know you love me. 

Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio