Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693239 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3405 on: July 27, 2009, 06:29:17 am »
Bear getting some scrapers ready,Jimmy getting his String building demo stuff ready and I did manage to get some of my stuff done Friday night after it all settled down,I got my snake bow reflexed and heat treated and tip overlays glued up on my take down.Then starting up Sat.
morning. :)
      Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3406 on: July 27, 2009, 06:34:11 am »
Also the arrows Bear made for the boys,he made 13 ,1 for each bow then done a demo showing them how to build them. Showing the boys to cut nocks,they caught on pretty quick and one with his first brace.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3407 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:21 am »
Jesse doing the fire demo.Went well and the kids lover it .
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3408 on: July 27, 2009, 06:42:45 am »
Throwing sticks and Attila demo.Then back to the bows,also some boys doing a little Cain straighting on the fire.This whole weekend was to cool.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3409 on: July 27, 2009, 06:47:06 am »
BigA was the teacher on the shooting,he is great with kids and some of these had never shot a bow before.He had them doing good before  he finished. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3410 on: July 27, 2009, 06:59:03 am »
More shooting,We had them all shooting by Sat. evening around 4:30.Went better than I had figured it would. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3411 on: July 27, 2009, 07:03:50 am »
Bear's arrow building demo.One of the boys with a cain arrow he made and one with his
first arrow head.The supper,Dove,beans and taters,cobbler.Great meal for some tired guys.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3412 on: July 27, 2009, 07:08:42 am »
Relaxing and Sunday morning we got a little done for our self,BigA got his snake floor tillered and on the stick and I worked down my tips on the take down Osage.How yall had a good one also,we sure did.I think we may have hooked a few.Life is good. :) ;)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3413 on: July 27, 2009, 08:28:38 am »
It really was a rewarding weekend...we were all wore out Saturday evening, but it was a good satisfying exhaustion! ;D I took a few pictures as well before it got too crazy...Friday evening practice for the fire building, a little string making preparation, not all of them were "boy" scouts as this young lady was one of the first to finish her bow, dad giving a helping hand, and Jesse giving what turned out to be an outstanding and very enjoyable demo on fire building and primitive weapons! ;)

Sunday I was inspired enough from helping the boyscouts that I layed out another adult hickory and three kids bows and finished roughing them in before I called it a day. BigA and Pappy made more stides on finishing their project bows...very good weekend. The food was not lacking either! ;)

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3414 on: July 27, 2009, 09:18:59 am »
Twin Oaks Crew:  Sure makes my heart feel good to see you doing, at great effort, for the kids!  You fellows are special.  You never know what you can see in the pictures, but I noticed that one of the fellows there was a skydiver!  Hope to get back next time to the classic to shake all your hands!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BearG

« Reply #3415 on: July 27, 2009, 09:26:31 am »
Man I had a blast and hope at least 1 or 2 of the kids will want to keep in our sport.  They all seemed to have a blast.  Would have been nice if they could have stayed later on Sunday, but rain put a damper on that.   Great food and friends "Life was Good".
Mark it took me 52 min. to get to Bowling Green hit some slow traffic on 65 just out of Nashville.  Thaen sat in a traffic jam for about 30 min. on 71 outside of Louisville got home in about 6:30 my time.
Thanks for having me for such a great weekend ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #3416 on: July 27, 2009, 09:29:54 am »
Pappy great thing you fellers did. Those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3417 on: July 28, 2009, 12:27:55 am »
Pappy, looks like ya'll had as much fun as we did this past weekend. I believe ya'll got more completed bows though! ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3418 on: July 31, 2009, 05:18:32 am »
It's Friday again and I have lots of plans for the weekend.I plan on putting the finishing touches on my take down Osage and try and finish tillering my snake bow.I got the tip flipped last night so I am ready to finish.I also need to do some bushoging to start getting ready for the up comming deer season.I also need to get the rest of my stuff ready for my Hog hunt with Chris and Mullet.A week
from today I will be in South Georgia so I need to get with it.I am sure there will be some good food to go along with the fun.Big A is comming down Sat. and no telling who else but you can bet we will have a good time.Hope all of you have a good one also.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3419 on: July 31, 2009, 06:32:28 am »
Mark let me know if you find a pair of jean shorts beside the couch and chair.  Have fun this weekend. ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.