Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652633 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2007, 05:51:38 am »
Mullet my uncle from LA, Ca. use to tell me that. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DBernier

« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2007, 07:41:56 am »
Well its 6am and I guess I will head out to Pat's. About a four hr. drive. Think this will be a fun weekend.  ;D

Dick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2007, 11:22:48 pm »
Gonna miss ya, Pappy. We will have pics later.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2007, 12:38:33 pm »
Friday again and I have big plans as usually,we will just see if it all works out,got food plots
to disk,bows to tiller and lay out and Hickory to store and of course a little cooking.O ya
got to get ready for my trip to Mic. next week also.I may have worn out Greg and Anthony ,haven't heard from them all week but I bet 8up will be around for his regular
butt kicking on the range.We will see.Pictures Monday.Yall have a great weekend. ;D ;D :D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2007, 09:42:01 pm »
You guys never stop!  ;D 

One day I have got to get down your way Pappy. I will try for the Classic next year and finaly get to meet all of you. I can imagine all the fun and tall tales being told arround the campfire!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #365 on: July 30, 2007, 06:23:26 am »
Ya D.Tiller it don't never stop.Got a lot done this weekend,got my food plots disced,Got some Hickory split for a friend and ready to ship when I get back from Mic.Split some Osage for another friend,he thought he had 1 stave ,turns out we got 3.1 belly split and 2 off the bark side.1 had
a nice hole and he didn't want to fool with it so he gave it to me for helping.LOVE THE HOLES.
I had it to myself Friday so I made brats and corn on the fire,wasn't to bad.Sat put some more sealer on my BL bow and sister 1 and finished tillering sister 2.When I get some grips and skins on and finished I will have some pictures of the twins.It turned out 52@26 and is holding about 2 in. of back set after unstrung so I am pleased.They both are good shooters and should make it to the wood this fall.As I promised 8UP I kicked his butt pretty good on the range,I was shooting way over my head but that happens now and then.More then than now. ;D ;D.As you will see in the picture we do it all down there.CastIron works for a gun mang. so we had to do a little gun work also
cool looking weapon.Had deer steak and taters for supper to cap off a good day.Also there is a picture of what you don't want to do with the band saw,Always keep your eye on the bottom line
when cutting out a stave Bandsaws are great but I have ruined several stave's when I first started so be careful.Life is good. :) I leave for Mic. Wend. so the next weeks pictures will be from up North
I am sure it will be fun but there is no place like home.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:55:17 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #366 on: July 30, 2007, 06:30:36 am »
Finished the Osage,and a little gun work.CastIron working on tip of his new Osage bow.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:58:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #367 on: July 30, 2007, 06:36:07 am »
We have a new guy we have take under our wing to teack bow building so he is getting
a little tast of chaseing a ring on Osage and laying out a hickory bow.He also learned what not to do on a band saw,all and all he is really coming along.Also sister 2 after shot about 50 shots.and the
last will be of supper Sat. night. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:01:51 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2007, 06:37:52 am »
Supper and bed time.Good night John Boy. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2007, 06:45:36 am »
Another great wekend Pappy, yer going to Mic? is that Michigan? If so is there a get together?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2007, 08:10:17 am »
Yes it is in ElmHall Mic. it is the 18th annual Stick Bow shoot,we have been going about 5/6 years
now.Have some good friends up there.We meet some other friends in SpringPort Mic. and then
drive on up to ElmHall Thursday morning and Stay till Monday.It is alway a big time.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

8up

« Reply #371 on: July 30, 2007, 01:57:02 pm »
I went out Saturday long enough to get bruises all over my rear end. Pappy had no mercy, and showed me I need alot more practice before going to the woods this season. I split a piece of osage thats been cut for 20 years. Its in rough shape but I think I can get a bow out of it........Ron

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #372 on: July 30, 2007, 03:45:35 pm »
How hard is it to tiller an assault rifle? I bet chasing a ring on the barrel is hell. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #373 on: July 30, 2007, 05:03:44 pm »
Hey Pappy! You would not have any Ossage cut into boards would ya? I've been talkin with Pip Bikerstaff in england and he mentioned English warbows in the 50 - 90# range are best made from a combination of Hickory backing and Ossage belly.  Hoping you might have a little of that stashed somewhere we might be able ta bargain for. Can you IM me?

Thanks

David T.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2007, 07:40:13 pm »
Bon voyage, Pappy.  ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC