Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4690508 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3720 on: October 12, 2009, 07:38:49 am »
Looks like You Guy's had a great time...some really nice looking knives made....and a whole lot of good Eats!!! This weekend Sucked here....Freezing Rain and Sleet Friday Night and all Day Saturday...highs in the mid 30's....lows near 20......not a normal Weekend for October....more like February for here.....it spelled the end to the Garden for the Year thats for sure!!! Can't wait till Spring again ...so I can go back to Your Little Piece of Heaven!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3721 on: October 12, 2009, 07:43:38 am »
It was a really good weekend. I hunted twice and didn't see a deer. Sometimes they just don't cooperate, which makes it easier for us to hang out and work on bows, knifes, skins, points...and eat. ;) Many thanks to Shannon and JohnT for some knife making demo's...I got one finished and two more with handles mounted but not shaped yet. Getting a head start on some Christmas gifts! :)

Can't forget to thank Ryan for tillering the hhb bow he gave me in 2007 and I never got around to tillering it. He saw us all working on other bows/tips, knifes, etc. and couldn't stand it...had to work on something. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Timo

« Reply #3722 on: October 12, 2009, 08:11:56 am »
Looks like a good time for sure. I talked a good bit with Shannon,just tying to stay up on the deer killin, and for some reason he likes to sleep in? ;D

I got a box of rock from Jesse the other day but haven't whooped it much yet. I'm looking forward to see what he makes out of what I sent him. ;)

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3723 on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:57 am »
Man that looks like a lot of fun.
Was at home with the flu myself. :P

David

David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3724 on: October 12, 2009, 09:57:30 am »
Tim I wasn't the only one who couldn't pry their eyes open ::)
 Although a very rare occasion, I think Pappy never made it up one morning.

We just had too much fun doing other things to hunt very much. Besides, if we'd spent all our time sitting in a tree we wouldn't have gotten near as much done. And I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, we didn't starve!

Thank GregB for that roughed out HHB bow and Jesse for the rock.
 I want to be sure and thank Pappy for having me and Ryan and his family for the good company.   Weekends like this are like the Classic all over again...except not as crowded.

I'm late for work... ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline BearG

« Reply #3725 on: October 12, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »
Man sorry you guyes didn't have any fun. 
Just kidding looks like ya had a blast. 
Mark unless something changes don't look like I'm going to make it down in November (darn work).  That 2 years in a row.
I hunted hard this weekend and never saw a deer. >:(
going to go where Bro. Dan hunts this weekend his friend (landowner) has been passing up 120 class deer waiting for a monster he saw.  Cant wait to see one of those guyes up close ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #3726 on: October 12, 2009, 01:47:34 pm »
Man i had allot of fun, did not hunt once :) I really like hanging out with Shanon he sure is good company.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #3727 on: October 12, 2009, 03:58:29 pm »
All this making bows, cooking stuff, making bows, cooking stuff, weekend for weekend!
That really must become boring after some time...
 ;D ;D ;D
Frank from Germany...

Offline Otis

« Reply #3728 on: October 12, 2009, 10:08:53 pm »
Looks like a great weekend!  I've tried to tell Pappy for years, it doesn't matter if you kill something or not.  Just being there is enough. I think he's catching on. I can't wait to get down there. Hopefully I can get my roughed in bow a little closer to getting done. May do some hunting, but I know we'll do some serious eating. Never been hungrey at Twin Oaks. I'll bring plenty of peppers and some leftover (from last year) venison. I haven't got out here yet. Too many honey dos not done yet. It never ends. But, she's bout out of jerky meat and maybe I'll get the green light to go hunt.  See ya in a couple weeks Pappy! Sorry you ain't coming again this year BearG.                   
                                                                          David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3729 on: October 13, 2009, 05:40:06 am »
Ya wished you could make it Bear. :( Br Dan passing 120's ,sure he is,he hasn't learned a bird in the hand thing yet ,has he. :)  Dave when are you coming in ? I will be off the first week of Nov.I hope that is your plan. :) Chad and a couple of Germans are coming in Sunday,hope the hunting picks up,
it has been really slow.I think it is just the rain and full moon so if that is the case it should be better in a week or 2. It don't really matter we always have fun anyway,just need to fill the freezer it takes
a lot of deer to feed this bunch for a year. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3730 on: October 13, 2009, 08:48:21 am »
Bro. Dan would never pass a 120 class up its the land owner.  Dont think Dan is even going to hunt out there this year,  he has the same problem as David to many honey does and a couple vacations planned by his family during the season.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3731 on: October 13, 2009, 11:57:24 am »
GOD! That looks like paradise.

If you ever wonder what I do for a living here it is as a cartoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdhvZy1-bxE&feature=player_embedded
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3732 on: October 13, 2009, 12:15:46 pm »
Very good Tiller. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3733 on: October 13, 2009, 01:29:48 pm »
Wish I could get down there more than once a year >:( Just to dang far :'(
See ya in May eh, momma might be tagging along this year :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3734 on: October 13, 2009, 07:30:36 pm »
HEHEHE!!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill