Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708326 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Re: Life is good
« Reply #3780 on: October 27, 2009, 09:20:05 am »
Jimmy:  The next time Hawk comes by we will smoke my pipe and make a special prayer for your safe return down by the river!  This is a special year as we have a white elk that comes into one of the hay fields and we consider that a very good sign.  Stay hunkered down and take care of your buddies!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3781 on: October 27, 2009, 03:25:53 pm »
Congrats on another great weekend guys! Looks like you all had a great time.

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3782 on: October 27, 2009, 08:22:57 pm »
 Greg, those are looking like some nice knives. Here's a little safety tip. Wrap those blades real dood with masking tape while you are sanding the handles on a belt sander. Sometimes it will snatch it out of your hand and you will see how good you ground that edge. ;) It will also keep from scratching your blade if you get too close to it.

Jimmy, be carefull and looking forward to you getting home and posting some of those good looking bows you make.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3783 on: October 28, 2009, 06:21:30 am »
Ya Eddie I found that out the hard way,cut my hands up on my first one,I shouldn't have sharpened it first. :) :) Had a couple of funerals this week and ant had time to hunt,but plan on getting after them Thursday and Friday before the kids get down for the weekend youth hunt.Dave is coming in Friday also to help with the kids and work on his Osage bow. I have seen a couple of nice bucks
on the West side of the road in the last few days I would love to get a chance at before the kids get there with there long guns.They can reach out and touch one with them things. :) :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3784 on: October 28, 2009, 07:51:42 am »
Eddie, thanks for the safety tip...I'll for sure do that from now on. I've been wrapping the blades with tape when I've been using the rasp and sanding on the handle.  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cracker

« Reply #3785 on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:45 am »
Jimmy I can't say that I know you but I hope you get home safe and if us folks back home can do anything for  you let us know. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Otis

« Reply #3786 on: October 28, 2009, 09:42:29 pm »
The peppers are cored and will be stuffed tomorrow. The chicken roll-ups tomorrow as well. Still got to get some of my stuff together and in the truck. Will be pulling out hopefully before 10 and headed south for a week of  "Life is Good". I can hardly wait!
                                                                       David

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3787 on: October 28, 2009, 11:17:17 pm »
David, save me a few of them stuffed peppers.  ;)    Ya'll have a blast at Twin Oaks. I'm still looking for some dead deer pics.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3788 on: October 29, 2009, 05:24:12 am »
Ya me to Pat. ;) :) Things seem to be picking up,at least I have seen more deer lately.Great Dave
see you tomorrow. I should be there by 11 or 12 so I will have the fire going and a cold one waiting on you. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3789 on: October 29, 2009, 07:45:54 am »
I've got three days of vacation scheduled for next week, should be able to spend some time with you guys. I've got some bluegill that still need to be fried up! ;)
Greg

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3790 on: October 29, 2009, 09:09:31 pm »
Bluegill...sounds good....I made Venison Enchillada's with Homemade...Home Grown Tomato Sauce...and Home Grown Jalapenos and Homemade Tortilla's tonight and MAN....were They good!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3791 on: October 30, 2009, 05:24:04 am »
Friday again,I am off next week so I plan on going to the cabin this evening and staying till next Sat.The youth hunt is this weekend so Dave and me plan on finishing the bow he started a few months back,then Monday get back after them deer.I have been seeing a few more now that the corn was cut so it should be good if the weather will act right.Lots of eating,bow building,hunting and camp fire talk with good friends,just can;t beat that.I will have a bunch of pictures of our fun and the kids in a week or so.Hope yall have a good week.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3792 on: October 30, 2009, 07:39:23 am »
Sounds like the ingredients of a fine time! :)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3793 on: October 30, 2009, 09:37:07 am »
That's for sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3794 on: November 09, 2009, 05:58:48 am »
Had a great week off,the kids had a good time on the youth hunt and had better luck than
we did.We finished tillering a couple of bows and done a lot of Knife work,also got some deer
skins scraped and ate like kings. I did manage to take my first Turkey with a selfbow so that was cool and ate good. Hope yall had a good week also.Here are some pictures of the week.Hope you enjoy.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good