Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708314 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4425 on: March 27, 2010, 09:10:32 pm »
Yeah....make it Thursday Mark....cause thats when I will be there now too....since I got screwed out of Wednesday by the Company......... >:(...I missed your cooking last year...don't want to miss it again..... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline RG

« Reply #4426 on: March 27, 2010, 10:46:15 pm »
Sounds good to me Mark Just hope we can stay away from them till the rest get there

Ron

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4427 on: March 27, 2010, 11:31:33 pm »
 Pappy, So far, I Have Friday, Monday and Tuesday off. I'll drive all night Thursday and be there Friday morning.I called Tim and haven't heard back from him yet. But he is going. I'll give you a call this week after I hear from Tim. I'm going to drive instead of fly.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #4428 on: March 27, 2010, 11:58:27 pm »
Eddie, I talked to Pappy yesterday, and we were wondering what your and Tim's plans were. Glad you're going to make it. I'll be down Friday afternoon. I'm getting antsy that's for sure. Sodbuster's nephew killed one this morning on the youth hunt. I know it's going to be a blast. See ya Friday!
                                                                                     David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4429 on: March 28, 2010, 12:03:48 am »
 I couldn't stand it anymore, David. I have my gun sitting here, calls packed and camo ready. I'm going in the morning before the rain moves in. I'm going to hunt Public land only 20 minutes from the house. I'll see you Friday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #4430 on: March 28, 2010, 08:13:38 am »
I was hoping we'd be chasing those osceola's together then heading to Pappy's to hunt at his place. Maybe next year. Good luck this morning.
                                                                                                   David

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4431 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:21 am »
ok you guys thats enough already
thats not fair you guys are getting to chase turkeys already
i dont get to go untill may 14th  >:(

well good luck hunting everyone,wish we were there  :'(
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Jesse

« Reply #4432 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:50 pm »
You guys want me to bring some cheese again? Dumb question I guess :) I'll bring cheese ;D Getting excited to go now. I need to get working on that bow.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4433 on: March 29, 2010, 06:55:01 am »
For sure Jesse, ;) ;D We had a great weekend,you would have thought we were having a shoot
with so many coming down. Jesse and I got 3 deer hides tanned and 1 beaver,lot of work.Jesse warned me not to do 2 at a time,but of course I didn't listen,I won't do that again. :) It turned in to an all day thing breaking them.I also got sealer on my kids bow and with Shanon's help got skins on the backwards Osage. The weekend started with Jimmy bringing his boy scouts down for a couple of days for some archery and pellet gun shooting,I think they had a good time. Shanon,Jesse,John T
done some fine napping also,them boys can turn out some nice work.GregB got a bunch of Hickory ready for the classic and BigA took little Red Turkey hunting,they came and visited after the hunt,Sodbuster took Hunter Hunting also,he took a nice bird,Man it was a great weekend Here are a few pictures.Hope yall had a good one also.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4434 on: March 29, 2010, 06:58:58 am »
I almost forgot,I got tips on my Osage also,elk horn,that stuff is pretty. Harley shooting the bow Halfeye gave her,GreB working on some Hickory and me and Jesse getting ready to pre smoke some hides. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4435 on: March 29, 2010, 07:02:10 am »
More smoking, Supper,venison stew and I also blacked the sinew on the Osage bow before putting the skins on,it really make the Diamond backs stand out.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4436 on: March 29, 2010, 07:06:15 am »
GregB still at it,he stayed on that all day.Jesse sewing the beaver hid into the deer hid to pre smoke.
Me working my hides and of course our Token Yankee,Art,he is always there on Saturday just hanging out. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4437 on: March 29, 2010, 07:11:40 am »
KingRon and Jon just hanging out,Abby and Hanna,2 sweet girls,The TN Classic point case. :) :)
It is looking good,Thanks guys. :) Shanon's new Osage bow,he don't only Knapp.He also makes a beautiful bow and also some of Jesse's work. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4438 on: March 29, 2010, 07:17:04 am »
JohnT and Jon solving the worlds problems, ;) :) lots of that goes on down there.Sodbuster
with Hunters Turkey,Hunter had to go to ball practice so I couldn't get a picture of him.BigA
and Curtis,they had had a hard morning hunting and a little more hide work.Shanon is awful serious. ;)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4439 on: March 29, 2010, 07:23:06 am »
Skins on My Osage bow,more hide work.Alan Corn picked up his first place trophy from the week before,he is a very talented bowyer and knife maker.JohnT getting some lessons on fine tuning his Pine tree heads form Shanon,John showed Shanon how to make his first,now Shanon is the
teacher. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good