Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4702935 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4485 on: April 07, 2010, 01:11:31 pm »
You won't be disappointed. The pics don't really do the hospitality justice. It's an incredible place with truly good people.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4486 on: April 07, 2010, 02:02:50 pm »
That ain't no joke Jimmy....I have never felt so at Home in my life...than at Pappys Place...good cooking....and great People.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline BearG

« Reply #4487 on: April 07, 2010, 03:55:43 pm »
Bear, I had enough vacation to stay till the Classic. I would have loved to but would have had to find another job and wife.
[/quot   Well you got a nice wife so cant blame you for not getting rid of her.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Otis

« Reply #4488 on: April 07, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »
It was a great weekend!!! The food was great as usual and the hospitalty unmatched. Would have liked to stay til the Classic also Eddie, but we picked up some more work and I forgot they have shutdown planned for Saturday. Knowing we'll be going backi in a few weeks maked it easier to deal with. I took pictures of our birds and I'll post them either later tonight or tomorrow.
                                                                           David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4489 on: April 07, 2010, 11:09:58 pm »
 It sucks, Dave, when work get's in the way of having fun. Let's see those birds. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline fencepost

« Reply #4490 on: April 07, 2010, 11:22:41 pm »
I had a good opener to turkey season a small tom sat. morning  9'' beard 3/4 spurs 22lbs  Sun. after church I shot one with a4'' and 8'' beard 1'' spurs 24lbs.I need to stay out of the woods so I can hunt later in the season. I have at least 60 birds on my hunting land....

Pete......       

lil john

« Reply #4491 on: April 09, 2010, 01:10:58 am »
 Chris, thanks for having Bo and me over to Twin Oaks this past weekend we had a great time. Pappy's place is awesome, every man should be so lucky to get to spend a little time with folks like ya'll. It did not hurt that we got to kill a couple of birds on your place. We look forward to coming back some time. Lil John

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4492 on: April 09, 2010, 07:14:23 am »
Friday again,I am headed down as so as I get off,got a lot planed, Not much bow work for me this weekend,got to much other stuff to get done.I think GregB is going to work on some stave's and I hope to get time to help.We have a meeting Saturday morning and then a club working and hope to get most everything ready for the Classic except the main range and mowing and trimming that will have to be done the week before. It's a lot of work but it is a labor of love ,nothing like having to work to make a living. :) Hope yall have a good one also.See ya Monday. :) Life is good.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4493 on: April 09, 2010, 09:53:26 am »
 John, It was a pleasure meeting you and Bo, glad to see you on here.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #4494 on: April 09, 2010, 10:51:36 am »
Hey John, Arlie and I had a great time and we are glad you came down to hunt!! We always look forward to fall hunting on the Arkansas lease, and we will come to your camp for sure for some of your great cooking! We are still thinking about a hog hunt in May -- we might have to go visit Mullet  ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4495 on: April 09, 2010, 08:24:25 pm »
 Let me see what I can stir up, Chris. I came home to find out I got voted off my lease by the new guys running it. I still have till the end of turkey season, I guess it's game on, now. >:D
  Tim Beach has a Primo Hog Hunting place, too.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Otis

« Reply #4496 on: April 09, 2010, 09:09:53 pm »
That sucks Eddie. Get your moneys worth out of them. >:D Gonna try and post the pictures from Wednesday. Hope it works. John, it was a pleasure meeting you and Bo this past weekend. I hope you guys make it back down for the Classic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Otis

« Reply #4497 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:00 pm »
Dang it that first one was suppose to be Sodbuster's bird let me try again. I am computer illiterate.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4498 on: April 09, 2010, 09:14:42 pm »
 Very nice bird, Dave and a great knife to clean it with.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4499 on: April 09, 2010, 09:17:30 pm »
 Tell Chris to take his thumb out of it's butt and those middle tail feathers will go down. ;D
Lakeland, Florida