Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649971 times)

BrianS and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2007, 06:00:29 am »
Great weekend,I'll have some pictures later.Got to get some work done right now. >:(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2007, 06:38:24 am »
Here are some pictures,GregB,Knothead,Me and a few other TwinOaks members.Greg and
Anthony are trying to convert,I think they got a few That will be back in May.Got lots of folks that want to come back and give it a try.Also the 3 nail bow came through again.That bow sure has brought me a lot of luck.First turnement I have won in a long time.The old man stills has it.[well sometimes] :o
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:45:01 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 06:44:17 am »
More still.This has my better half making the rounds,she loves people.
  Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:33:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 06:47:29 am »
And the last.It was fun.We had 184 shooters and the part that amazed the wheel folks
was about 80 of the people were Trad. or Primitive.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:34:03 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2007, 06:49:55 am »
By the way,the little boy in the picture with his Grand dad and the self bow was GregB's first
self bow.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2007, 12:58:23 pm »
It was a good shoot! With my smashed finger I felt like I was shooting one of my first board bows again.....

Pappy picked me out a choice piece of osage, so I hope to be flinging arrows with it for the next one. Maybe I will even give old 3 nail a run for it's money....

Trash talking seems so much more innocent when you ain't shooting training wheels! ;D
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2007, 01:18:30 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it Chad,the only thing was wrong was we didn't get to hear you sing.We will
hear you in May.We need to get together when you get back from your trip and get that stave floor tillered it won't take long.I was on Sunday at least for me,didn't stay up to late Sat. night. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2007, 01:41:35 pm »
Yeah...you always keep me up too late! At least I didn't have to try to stay awake in a treestand this time....

We will have some fun in May, and I will have some new songs for ya'all...

Those Yanks will see southern hospitality at it's finest! It might be tough to get them to go home.....
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2007, 05:56:44 am »
Man it's Friday again,whats for supper,more pictures Monday of this rough life. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2007, 08:47:13 am »

Hey Pappy, maybe Grant will come by and cook up some of those raspberry porkchops! Some banana foster served over pancakes sounds good for in the morning! ;D

Or we could just have some beans and cornbread for supper, and eggs and pigbrains for breakfast in the morning. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Dustybaer

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2007, 09:05:14 am »
greg, stop it!!!!   ;D  i wish i could join you guys.  haven't eaten brains in years.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:03 am »
I think Grant is out of town,I don't know how we are going to get by.May have to settle for Deer back strap and fried taters on the open fire.Sometime life is rough. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 06:01:06 am »
Yep Life is good, Had the last couple days off, a spring is finally here crocuses are up, smell a Pepe Lepew this morning, the sbnow is melting real fast this year.
Can't do much with the bows as  the basement is in the process of its annual flooding :( But I spent a couple hours yesterday prowling around a local sawmill, found a couple nice ash boards, sawed them up on the patio. Fired the grill had ribs xtra sauce, tinfoil taters and a few cold beverages ;D
Oh yea shot da bow a bit also.
Going to try and get out in da woods today!

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2007, 08:33:00 am »

Sounds like you had a good time yourself Dana. I think brats, peppered pork, and fried taters made up the feast Friday night. I think Pappy had some of my homemade deer brats Saturday night. Pappy should be posting pics before long with highlights of the weekend.

We were making bow strings, tillering strings, bow stringers, working on trophies, snakeskin backed one bow, and steamed and put Ryano recurves on four bows. Pappy finished tillering one of the friendship bows...shoots good! We also shot the practice course a couple of times. I'm in bad need of more practice at this point! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2007, 11:15:56 am »
Well we had another good one,made some strings,striped some sinew,Greg finely got the
re curving of the bows down and I think we done 1 for about everone in the club.Cleaned up a coyote and red fox skin and tillered 2 of the friendship circle bows and also made time to go to
a shoot at Ft.Campbell and of course done a little cooking.Here are some pictures.There is one in here of Steve fletching some arrows for our trophies for the classic,see if you can tell what he done wrong,he has his head hung in shame.Also the short arrows are for the classic I finely got all the points tied on.O ya done up a bunch of Turkey feathers.The grinder is cool and really speeds thing
up.
       Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:34:51 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good