Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705035 times)

Offline Otis

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5025 on: July 20, 2010, 08:12:18 pm »
Looks like a great time had by all !!!!!  Wish I could have been there. Seen some familiar faces in the pictures and some new ones. Shad, I'm from Cloverdale and just wait til May, you'll the Classic!!! Like El D said, it is just like a family reunion. Twin Oaks is a wonderful place.
                                                                   David

Offline Otis

« Reply #5026 on: July 20, 2010, 08:14:12 pm »
That's suppose to be Love the Classic. Fingers couldn't keep up with the brain. :)
                                                                 David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5027 on: July 20, 2010, 11:16:25 pm »
 Musta been thinking about turkeys ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5028 on: July 21, 2010, 06:44:30 am »
MuzP that was some fine jerky for sure and I will see what I can do on the shirt. Dave we missed
you,wished you could have made it,it was fun and nothing like I expected,I am pretty sure we will hold it again next year,they want us to but we still have to meet and vote on it.  Eddie this would have been right up you alley,you could have showed these boys how to shoot. :) Still a lot of clean up but at least I have the trash hauled off. ;) ;D Jon,I ant sure,he is back in town but going through some tough times right now. Divorce final last Friday. :( :(   It still is but Life don't seem very good for him right now.   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5029 on: July 21, 2010, 09:02:39 pm »
Yep, he talked to me about going North for a while.  Thanks for the update.  I'll be there this Saturday if ya need some help with clean up.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5030 on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:31 pm »
 Pappy, did you confuse me with someone else with the shooting?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Otis

« Reply #5031 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:48 pm »
Deer are next Eddie and my freezer is low.  Hoping to put a few in the freezer to get more sausage and sticks made. Makes Pappy smile when I come off the hill with those items and peppers.  :)  If all goes right I'm heading down there next Friday. Just a couple weeks too late for the shoot, but had to do the big 1st birthday party for the grandson. It was fun. He is a pistol. Can't wait to get down there where Life is Good.
                                                                       David

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5032 on: July 22, 2010, 01:23:48 am »
MuzP, I agree with Pappy on the jerky. That was about as good as it gets! Well worth spittin' a dip out for  ;D
 Come back for the Classic...you won't regret it ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5033 on: July 22, 2010, 06:18:25 am »
Eddie  ;) ;D ;D See ya in a week Dave. Jon I can always use the help.Been there most every evening this week,even Miss Joanie went yesterday to help.We just about have the clean up knocked out.A couple more tents to take down and get my stuff back in my camper trailer and should be done. I have hauled 4 truck loads of garbage this week,man these guys can make some trash. I really need to work on some bows and arrows. Going to MI. in a couple of weeks and need some bullets to shoot. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5034 on: July 22, 2010, 01:14:05 pm »
 Pappy, your buddy at the Dump will just think you had another great party. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5035 on: July 23, 2010, 06:19:01 am »
Yep,that is what he said,inside joke guys. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5036 on: July 23, 2010, 09:20:46 am »
Almost forgot,this week has been so busy,IT'S FRIDAY.  ;) ;D ;D Got most of the clean up done,all I like is repacking my trailer and get the cooler squared away,then maybe I will have some time to finish a couple of bow and get my food plots at least worked up.No big plans other than that for the weekend. Should be peaceful,most of the guys ,I am sure will be at home this weekend catching up on honey do's since they were gone most of the last one. Hope yall have a good one and I will see ya Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5037 on: July 25, 2010, 09:30:01 pm »
Saturday sure was warm at Twin oaks.  I arrived a little late in the morning because the wife asked my help with the kids for a few.  So I arrived and after saying hello to everyone I pulled out a knife blank and some horn and started my contemplation.  I was somewhat lost as to where to begin.  So I asked myself if I was gonna build a boat who would I see.  So I talked to Greg, he offered some advice and Pappy and a few others threw in some thoughts and I went to work.  I thought I was about done when Greg took another look and offered up a small piece of Cocobolo and I went back to work.  I finished the sanding and all the pieces fit together darn good.  I must admit it was a ton of fun working on that knife.  Greg must have thought so to because being the super fellow he is he said no knife that looked that good should be without a sheath and took the knife home with him to work me up one.  Talk about good guys and ole Greg has to make that list.  Pappy fixed up lunch and I ate so much I just had to sit and listen as jokes were told and bats were photo'd. 

I plum forgot to take any pictures but Pappy did.  I can't wait to see those pictures so I can show the wife and let her see the evidence of hard work and time well spent.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5038 on: July 26, 2010, 06:58:36 am »
Enjoyed it also Jon,nice job on the knife. Yes it was a hot but great weekend,after you been out in it a while you kind of get use to it. Anyway what are you going to do,set in the AC and get nothing done.  ???  :) I got just about everything cleaned up.Camper straightened and reloaded.I also got my backward Osage tillered,50@28.I also got Gary's sister to it shot and poto's taken.We wanted them to be the same weight with a little different style on each.We plan on raffling them as a pair at the Classic. It was hot but I had to get my hides off the rack so I went after them Friday evening and Sat. mid day.It is so humid I put a fan in front of them to keep the dry.I got 2 finished into rawhide and plan on brain tanning them when the weather cools.I hope to get the last one scraped this week.Doug brought his Osage down that he has been working on.Got it tillered to 48@26 and shot in.Turned out nice. Greg and Jon got some knives done so all in all a great weekend.Got to see Ranger and our new world champ,Bo Bo,also Jesse brought his kids down Friday evening,I got Alex hooked up with a bow so next time he comes he should be set.Hope yall had a good one also.Here are some pictures of the fun.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5039 on: July 26, 2010, 07:03:05 am »
1 of the hides made into rawhide,Jesse and his kids,teaching his son to shoot,Also Jesse working on a coil for the rock cooker. Doug getting some instruction on how to proceed on his bow from GregB.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good