Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708408 times)

Offline oschroe

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5400 on: October 24, 2010, 09:59:23 pm »
A Knife and scabbard made by JohnThomas.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5401 on: October 24, 2010, 11:15:40 pm »
That's a heck of a camera, Woody. Thanks for the great pictures.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5402 on: October 24, 2010, 11:44:34 pm »
As I was looking at the pics I said "oh not fair those guys have all the fun"  Lulyn responded with "ok I guess we can move to Kentucky"  Then she followed that with a merging thought of "Wait a minute, then I never see you, cause you'd always be at the ranch"   I'm just glad that she didn't like that idea as much, guess she still likes me  ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5403 on: October 25, 2010, 12:12:43 am »
Cool! Jesse, can you do a write up on that fletching style you did? That was just way cool!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5404 on: October 25, 2010, 06:31:53 am »
Ya it was a great weekend,had 3 or 4 good friends stay the weekend and a few more just drop by,
good food and lots of stuff going on.I thought this would be a slow weekend but just goes to show you never know what is going to he happening down there. Here are a few more pictures,started the weekend by doing some clean up and burning leaves,glad I got a lot of that done before the rain last night,much easier dry. :) Keenan it was great for us also. Yall were just what we expected
also,now we need to meet Tillers new Girl/wife to be.  :)  This is called controlled burning ,unlike what we did last year with Jimmy,that was uncontrolled burning. ;) ;D ;D ;D   
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5405 on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:08 am »
Jon was doing a little knife work,I didn't know he was making it for me,Thanks Jon.You know how I love knives.Then Jesse shows up and brought supper,deer stew.Yum. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5406 on: October 25, 2010, 06:43:15 am »
Then Shanon shows up and gives me a bow,sweet little Osage.I decided to tune it in Friday night and Hunt with it Sat. morning,maybe change my luck,well it worked. ;) :) Then Shanon trying out a little bow he is making for some ladies display,short but shot fine. Woody got his skull cap all cleaned up,he is proud of that buck as am I for him.That was his first Trad. kill and the first deer he has ever killed on my farm with a bow,he has taken several with a muzzle loader back when I let them hunt with them.Congrats woody. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5407 on: October 25, 2010, 06:47:00 am »
Shanon Doing a little skin stretching and arrow making for the display,that is going to be cool.I got out mid day and put up another stand in a pretty hot looking spot. :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5408 on: October 25, 2010, 06:52:03 am »
JohnT shows up and is doing a little napping,he has really got back into this selfbow thing ,he brought another Osage he has been working on and Shanon put some skins on it.Doug shows
up Sat. morning ,just to hang out.He helped me with the stand,they don't think I need to do it by myself,told old I guess. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5409 on: October 25, 2010, 07:00:32 am »
On the picture of Jesse in the last bunch he was showing how to strip Dogbane to make cordage.Case love that. :) Tips on JohnT's Osage,he reinforced the tips from the belly with Boo.
Never thought about doing that but it turned out nice and really held the curve.Shanon got his arrows finished,one with Ginnie feathers,the looked great.I shot it and shoots good to boot.
JohnTs knife work this is a really nice one. I gave JohnT some Cain last week he brought 8 back and gave them to me finished,they shoot like darts,to many gifts this weekend/bow/knife and arrows .If I never built anything else I would be set. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5410 on: October 25, 2010, 07:07:49 am »
I got the hide Shanon was fleshing put on the rack while they were out hunting,he plans on making rawhide out of it.Nice skin.Then I cooked up some wild Turkey that Shanon supplied for supper,another great meal. One of JohnT's arrows finished and the heads ready for the rest.
All about 125 grain,he knocked them out Sat.Then some sitting around in the Cabin Sat. night just enjoying the night with good friends. :) :) Hope yall had a good one also,I know I did. By the way the deer wasn't to big but will be some fine table fare for sure.  :) Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5411 on: October 25, 2010, 08:08:35 am »
Keenan, I really enjoyed meeting you and Lulyn! Yall might should give some serious thought to a residence in Kentucky...or perhaps even Tennessee?  ;)

Just finished scrolling down through the weekends pictures, and it is obvious that life was really good at Twin Oaks this weekend! I wasn't there, but Life was good for me as well! Going to have to bring my bit of heaven over to meet some of my good friends before long.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5412 on: October 25, 2010, 08:20:27 am »
Can't wait to meet her. ;) :) :) Misse you but know you have been busy. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5413 on: October 25, 2010, 11:10:27 am »
Man looks like another great weekend for everyone down there.  And congrats on the score there Pappy.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5414 on: October 25, 2010, 01:38:54 pm »
Greg, Lulyn and I are happy for you and thoughts of a little piece of land about right on the Tenn. / Kentucky border with a cabin might be nice 1 1/2 hr to Pappy's and 1 1/2 hr to Lulyns sister's  ;)

Pappy, Do ya think Tiller is going to let her meet his secret family? :o ::)