Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705083 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5460 on: November 04, 2010, 07:50:47 pm »
I got tubes about a year ago and the doc said he never put them in someone my age...best decision I've ever made!  Haven't had one ear infection since ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5461 on: November 04, 2010, 09:06:51 pm »
 Ear infections might have been part of my problem as much diving I've done down here. I've used my Lab's ear medication for some of them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

JustinNC

« Reply #5462 on: November 04, 2010, 11:13:47 pm »
Lord willing, I hope I don't have as many as I had last year. I think I had 6 between August 09 and Feb 10.  >:(

Good luck on straightening the hearing troubles out.

Offline cracker

« Reply #5463 on: November 05, 2010, 01:00:44 am »
Ear infections is about the only problem I don't have. I think the last one was when I was 6 and I just turnede 50.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5464 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:57 am »
No ear infections here,JUST CAN'T HEAR. But it's Friday and all is good,I am off next week and plan on a week of hunting,shooting and some hide work spent with some good friends.Can't beat that. I am headed down early evening,Beau is supposed to be there to hunt this evening and in the morning,we use to do that a lot,just me and him but haven't had the chance in the last few years,really looking forward to it. Dave and BearG will be down Sat. or Sunday and I think the other Bear [Alex] and maybe Jon is coming down This evening so should have a house full. Got some Elk backstraps laid out for Beau amd my supper[Thanks Joe] throw in a few taters and gravy and we will be set. The Bucks are really moving so this should be a fun week .Hope yall have a good one and will have pictures of the week on the 15th. Life is good.  ;) :) :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #5465 on: November 05, 2010, 07:51:13 am »
Pappy, Katelyn's surgery went well yesterday and if her recovery today is as good I'll get to bring them home today. If that happens I may be down tomorrow. I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't talked to Debbie this morning yet. Worse case is get them home tomorrow and be down there Sunday sometime. Thanks to everyone who kept us in their thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                             David

Offline BearG

« Reply #5466 on: November 05, 2010, 09:38:04 am »
Great to hear that all went well David.   Now I'm Off to garage to pre-trip the Avalanche, then up to our dayton store for acouple hrs. then back here to tie up some loose ends.  Then hope to be down where Life is Good by about 9:30-10:00 sat. morning.
I will also be taking some pics to share.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #5467 on: November 08, 2010, 01:49:38 pm »
Hay Pappy,

Do you ever eat any of those snakes?  I know some people eat rattler, tasted like tough chicken.  Big John Swain shot a 9pointer last week and Chuckie shot a big doe.  Had some snow over the weekend, but it's melted now.

See you soon,

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5468 on: November 15, 2010, 06:31:24 am »
Had a great week off,I was sick the whole week but better be sick at the cabin than at work.
Beau killed a deer to start the week and that was it for us on the farm,Jesse killed one at Fort Campbell,Keith V killed a nice 8 on his farm and DaveO had to wait till he got home to kill one,Keith's was killed with a Hickory bow the others were killed with smoke poles. We done a bunch of hide work.Jesse got to finished and I got one done,also got the ones I done last winter
final smoked.Had vistors all week so to say we ate good would not do it justice.Here are some pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one also.  :) :) The first meal was elk steak[Thanks Joe] Also Kevin killed a nice buck with his old Bear bow.  :) :) 
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5469 on: November 15, 2010, 06:44:50 am »
Finished up my snake skins,Beau killed a nice slick doe with his Widow[whitch we ate most of last week] ;) :) :) The kids killed a few away from the farm with there smoke poles and JohnT showed up and done a little napping and arrow building. :) He lives 30 miles away but was still there most every day. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5470 on: November 15, 2010, 06:49:38 am »
I been trying to keep all the deer hair up this year,that has been a job. :) :) Chlie for Sat. meal then a big roast for Sunday.Jon and his family .Alex [Bear] killed 3 Open day with his smoke pole,a nice buck in the bunch. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5471 on: November 15, 2010, 06:54:06 am »
Then to some hide work,Kevin gave me the big hide off the buck he killed don't get many that big,most people want to mount them,Jesse and me got it fleshed and on the rack to dry,it will make a nice back to my planed shirt. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5472 on: November 15, 2010, 06:59:32 am »
More hide work,Jesse decided to do 2 at a time,I did that last year and won't do it again,to much work,then I am getting some broadheads ready for the next morning hunt,I didn't get to hunt as muck as I wanted,had to cough every 5 minutes. :) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5473 on: November 15, 2010, 07:04:27 am »
BearG helped stitch up my hides for the final smoking,Then Turkey breast and deer inner loin for supper.Yum :) Had to gater some more punk wood for all the smoking we planed to do. :) Got a good load but used it all. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5474 on: November 15, 2010, 07:08:05 am »
Smoking hides,Jesse's new smoker,we needed 2 for sure and a couple of mine finished. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good