Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693297 times)

Offline cracker

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5550 on: December 03, 2010, 08:50:24 am »
Have a big time Pappy I'm headed to the river to try out my new boat and motor and probably freeze off parts of my anatomy. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

HatchA

« Reply #5551 on: December 03, 2010, 12:18:29 pm »
So unbelievably envious of you guys!!

Have a wonderful time, all!!  We've got a lot of snow (for Ireland) and the wife & kids are putting the finishing touches to a rather cool snowman at the moment.  Freezing fog setting in too. 

Me?

I'm sitting across from a roaring open fire as I type this  ;)

Offline Otis

« Reply #5552 on: December 03, 2010, 07:56:31 pm »
Good luck this weekend Pappy. We're suppose to get 4 to 6 inches of snow starting tonight after midnight. ;D I'll be out in it tomorrow. I enjoy hunting in the snow. Too bad Mullet isn't here. :)  You'd love it Eddie. Hope to get you another hide and brains. I'm taking the frontend loader.
                                                                    David

Offline Bear

« Reply #5553 on: December 05, 2010, 12:02:42 am »
Well, Pappy and BearG, Whatever it is didn't touch me. >:D Not the first hack or fever. Thank God!! Hope yall are better now, and hope to be back over before the season's gone.
Just remember, you can't put the wood back on.

East Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5554 on: December 05, 2010, 11:39:39 pm »
Thanks to Pappy I got work done this weekend along with some hunting. 

My son and his girl came by to visit.  It was cold but a fire took care of that.

Always a grand ole time getting a chance to share Pappy’s fire, and other club members conversation.  I’m grateful he let’s me hang around.

My youngest boy’s Christmas present.

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5555 on: December 05, 2010, 11:41:11 pm »
Pictures continued:

Pappy points out the best way to tackle this one.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5556 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:38 pm »
Pictures continued:

A few arrows I got finished and tuned to shoot out of my David Knight Bow that finally got finished up.  I really like the idea of using real sinew for wrapping.  It really looks a lot better.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5557 on: December 06, 2010, 06:25:46 am »
Great weekend for sure,this was mostly a maintenance weekend for us around,we did get in a little hunting but had a lot of things to repair,water heater,roof and more hide racks,got all of it done so now I can get back in the woods for the last few weeks of the season,hard for me to focus on hunting when I have things waiting on me to do at the cabin. Woody ,Jesse and Jon stayed most of the weekend so you know we had big time.Hope yall had a good one also.  :) :)
Jon made me one of his bow racks,guess he got tired of seeing all my bows just laying around,he also made a nice Birch bark quiver.Nice work Jon and thanks. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5558 on: December 06, 2010, 06:32:20 am »
Got the hot water going,bigger tank this time, :) :) One of Jon's cain arrows with a nice killing point,Jesse and Jon went out to gather some Cedar poles to make us some more hide racks, we have 5 now. Jesse getting ready for Fort Campbell Sunday morning,he has one doe tag left. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5559 on: December 06, 2010, 06:38:15 am »
Also got the roof repaired,Got the racks built,they turned out nice,I talked them into making them a little smaller this time so I wouldn't have to stand on a block to scrape a hide. :) You may remember J ,the young man that killed his first deer on the youth hunt at the cabin this year,well this was number 2 and a nice one for sure, I think he is 9 years old.Heart shot at about 100 yards. Way to go J. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5560 on: December 06, 2010, 06:43:38 am »
Jon made some good head way on his son's bow,the racks finished up,all they need is some hides on them,I didn't cook a lick this weekend,we lived on summer sausage and crackers,not as good as roast or steak but we made it through. ;) ;D ;D That's it till next week. :)
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5561 on: December 06, 2010, 07:45:20 am »
I had a good time.
 Sure happy for that youngen.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5562 on: December 06, 2010, 07:51:47 am »
Me to Jesse,he is a great kid,it was about as prefect 8 point as you could kill, gross scored around 117 with very little deductions.It was almost prefect. Must have been a fairly young buck also ,didn't weigh but 127 lbs. which is about what most 2 year old weigh around here. Jesse did you do any good at the Fort. ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5563 on: December 06, 2010, 08:36:19 am »
Hey Pappy wish I coulda bean there. Had a great time myself this weekend try-ed out my my new fishin boat and motor. Run real good too bought a 25hp evinrude for 450 great deal. Plan on seeing yall in April.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5564 on: December 06, 2010, 09:25:59 am »
Looks like another great weekend you guys shared! I've missed being with my friends very much here lately, honest! Was a busy weekend for me, after some water damage in my kitchen a couple of months ago, just finished up this weekend getting everything back to normal. New downstairs floors, and went ahead and installed new countertops and appliances in the kitchen. I had been using the sink in the bathroom for a couple of months for dishes! My girlfriend Linda and I spent Saturday putting stuff back in the kitchen and getting it organized. Looks better then when I first moved in. I'm pretty lucky to have this lady in my life now...it has been a rough road the past year, but is smoothing out some now.

My ex came by yesterday and picked up some items of her's. Was an emotional time for each of us with heart-felt apologies and trips down memory lane. Life can really be strange when something like this happens and a twenty five year marriage is over. We have two son's from our marriage, and are trying our best to at least reinforce to them our love and support them the best we can. I'm still trying to understand how all of this could have happened, I don't think I ever will. You just have to at some point pick up all the scattered pieces of your life and try to refit them together along with some new pieces to create a new life for yourself and loved ones. We don't have training in this, so I guess it's on the job training and you go by your gut feeling and upbringing.

Got to get back to the club for some regrounding here before long!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...