Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705701 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5805 on: February 14, 2011, 08:14:24 am »
Josh and Jon's knives finished, Some good looking work. We wound Sat. night up with fried Chucker/wild Turkey and a pot of mixed beans and ham.Yum. :) It was good time.Hope yall had a good one also. :) :) Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5806 on: February 14, 2011, 09:54:12 am »
Well you guys really got it going on up there Pappy great lookiing knives and bows good lookin eats also. I guess I gotta bone up on my camp cooking. See ya at the classic. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Timo

« Reply #5807 on: February 14, 2011, 10:07:20 am »
Nice lookin purrzzimun tree there Pappy!

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5808 on: February 14, 2011, 11:41:08 am »
Up in the middle of the night to look at Pappy's weekend and had to wait some for all the pictures.  Sure do appreciate the effort to keep the rest of us up to date on the doins at the farm!  There are some people in those pictures that I claim to be my friends.  Just wish they did not live so far away.  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5809 on: February 14, 2011, 11:47:55 am »
Timo I plan on debarling it and sealing it this week or weekend,we only split the first log,it split pipe straight,the other 2 spireled really bad,so I am cutting it up for handles/or fire wood.Cracker I have eat your cooking and I assure you ,you don't need any boning up. :) :)
Joe you are spoke of ofter there and believe me you have a lot of friends that hang out with me. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5810 on: February 14, 2011, 02:05:27 pm »
Pappy....maybe with all this snow and cold weather...the ticks won't be so bad this year Ar the Classic.....shoot they think DEET is some kind of perfume....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5811 on: February 14, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »
El D:  Seems like last year a tick would have had to have had a snorkel!  In fact when I left that Sunday morning I was wishing I had submarine just to make it out of Tenn.  The greatest thing though is the fun of all the craftsman and the activities going on!  Have been thinking about you !  Joe

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5812 on: February 14, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »
Joe....I have been thing of you come lately....with all of the Snow and Bone Chilling subzero temperatures we have had....I hope that the Great Mother has been treating you and your sweet wife to better weather than she has been throwing at Texas lately...sure hope to see you  the Classic ....but I will understand if you can't make it with the price of fuel....and the long drive....but I still hope you decide to come....won't be the  same without you....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5813 on: February 14, 2011, 09:58:55 pm »
El D:  Planning on coming and bringing young Josiah Huston.  His latest harvest is one of your Texas hogs. Hoping to get someone to take him around the course as he can flat out shoot a bow!  Would like to bring the rest of the Hustons, but Hawk is working in Texas along with his other son, Tyler.  That picture on the cover of the PA mag. is one of Stacey's.  Hoping to get some time with building a bow and some time in the pit with the big boys!  Its been a crazy winter and right now a little rain would be a welcome relief.  Really good to see all the building activities going on at the farm with Jon and his bows and knives and can you believe the knife scabbards Greg has made?  Hope to trade some rocks.  Indian Joe

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5814 on: February 15, 2011, 12:25:03 am »
 Pappy, It looks colder the all get out. Man ya'll got some big sqruirrels too. Those ticks were fun to watch while I was waiting on turkey's. They would start crawling up my leg and when the Permenome took over they would quit moving. Simple amusement for simple people. ;D 

Ronnie, I've got more Gator meat. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #5815 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:13 am »
Eddie
  I was surprised at how tender and tasty the gator meat was last year. Looking forward to this year. Also gotta get a bigger pot.
Ronnie

Offline BearG

« Reply #5816 on: February 15, 2011, 02:39:47 pm »
Ronnie let me know what to bring.  I know it everything including the kitchen sink,  but let me know.  It was mmmm  good.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cracker

« Reply #5817 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:54 pm »
Bear
  I'll start a thread and kinda keep up with the input and let you know.
Ronnie

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5818 on: February 15, 2011, 05:44:39 pm »
I'll bring something too Ronnie.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cracker

« Reply #5819 on: February 15, 2011, 06:11:37 pm »
I'll start a thread under "around the campfire" I will call it "Low country boil at the Classic" if you would like to contribute please go there.
Ronnie