Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4703382 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5895 on: March 07, 2011, 08:03:16 am »
Jesse sanding the back of his bow,Jon and Art doing some planing on how to clean and straighten the archery shop,Didn't know I had so many bows un finished,also I found El's
trophy,lucky in all that stuff. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5896 on: March 07, 2011, 08:08:54 am »
Sorry ,Jesse was checking out some of GregB's work. KingRon showed up,can't shoot but pitched in on the Trophy sanding, Yall think it rained. ;) ;D ;D Jon found a nice walking stick,I have a lot of these on the place,just need to get out and cut them,you can see,scraping is catching,even the little ones want to get in the act. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5897 on: March 07, 2011, 08:14:27 am »
The blade in the last bunch of pictures was some of Josh's work.They are really cool.I need one of them. :) ;) GregB was into everything,bow work with some knife worked in.Josh making some buttons for his knife sheath. I think he is making this one for his Granddad.Bet he will like that. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5898 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20:26 am »
Supper Sat. night,Josh almost finished with his knife and stand,Jesse still sanding,he stayed at it hard and is ready to cut some nocks and start tillering,Woody giving us some pointers on knife fighting. All in all it was a great weekend,got a lot done even with the rain.Still lots to do to get ready for the Classic but we are getting there.Hope yall had a good one also.I know we did. :) :)
Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5899 on: March 07, 2011, 12:50:15 pm »
You know you do,and anything will be fine as far as food,we ant to picky,yes I would love for you to help.Got 25 or so to do. :) You coming in on Friday evening ?
     Pappy
I'll be there early Friday probly before you. ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #5900 on: March 07, 2011, 04:54:36 pm »
Looks like ya'll still got alot done even with the wet weather. That knife and stand young Josh did turned out real nice. GregB, you can tell how proud you are of that boy!!!!! And BOY HOWDY, love the knife sheath.....errrr....did BigA ask you anything for me yet?? ;D ;D ;D  The extended knapping pit looks great!!!! More room to bust a rock!!!!! :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:00:07 pm by cheapshot »

Offline Shad

« Reply #5901 on: March 07, 2011, 05:55:29 pm »
Man...I really need to live closer to you all Pappy. These pictures are awesome. Hopefully I can make it down to the Classic this year. I really want to get started on my first self bow. My Gramps, who passed away a month ago yesterday, had a hickory self bow and loved it. I want to make one as well...keep his spirit going. He raised me and was not only my father figure, but my best friend.

That place of yours is heaven on earth for this guy...
Pick a spot!
~Shad

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5902 on: March 08, 2011, 02:02:30 am »

Man o Man, I am going to have to stop by Pappy's sometime!  That boy scraping his bow, with a nice big pitcher of beer in front of him...... ::)  And the food.  Crap, I'm hungry again. ;D

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5903 on: March 08, 2011, 07:18:00 am »
Shad,hope you can make it sometime,I still miss my Granddad and he has been gone over 40 years. :(  Wayne I didn't even notice that,it was mine.  ;) :) :) That boy is into everything I had one picture with him up on the work bench walking around. Then he will go inside and watch sponge Bob. ;) ;D ;D Never know what he will be into next,got to watch him like a Hawk. :) 
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Shad

« Reply #5904 on: March 08, 2011, 08:03:16 am »
Pappy, I will be back for sure. After the hospitality you all showed Stacey and I at the IBO trads last year, we made a promise to ourselves to come back as much as we possibly can.
Pick a spot!
~Shad

Offline Timo

« Reply #5905 on: March 08, 2011, 08:22:30 pm »
Pappy, that is one fine looking log buddy! Wow! You da man, I guess now you'll want me to send you a little sliver of that back? ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5906 on: March 09, 2011, 07:57:02 am »
Couldn't have said it better Tim, ;) ;D ;D just kidding,There was 2 of the 3 I cleaned up that do look really nice,I plan on doing the other one this weekend if I get time,we got a 2 day shoot coming up the 19/20 so this weekend will be pretty busy,it has rained out the last few so we didn't get much done on the ranges. Shanon scared me about the bugs so I want them all debarked and sealed so I don't have a problem. :) :) Wished now the other 2 logs had split right.I think the next one I will try and saw or Cerf before splitting and see how that works.
Its funny they looked like they would split right down the center like Hickory but boy did we get surprised. :) 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5907 on: March 09, 2011, 09:37:15 am »
Tomi, talked with BigA about your request...I'm sure we can work something out. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #5908 on: March 10, 2011, 01:25:30 am »
might have some hillspire juniper staves on saturday for next year and some cedar ones to use..

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5909 on: March 11, 2011, 08:25:45 am »
Cool Josh,you need to make another bow. ;) :) Friday once again and got a lot of plans for the weekend,with all the rain we haven't got much done on the ranges,so this evening and Sat. will be the time for that,we have a shoot next weekend so got to get it done. Don't know what else but I feel sure it will be fun.Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good