Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695125 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5985 on: March 27, 2011, 05:29:29 pm »

They eat good also, and they have nice feathers. ;)  Glad you at least got one, and not just skeeter bites, and wet feet. ;)  How is the back?

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5986 on: March 27, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »
Thanks Wayne, it's beter.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #5987 on: March 27, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »
Congrats Eddie! See ya in a few days.
                                   David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5988 on: March 28, 2011, 07:45:36 am »
Congrat Eddie,Dave see ya in a week,Thanks Pat /Keenan and Tiller wished you could make it. :) :)
It's all starting to come together,Got a lot done this weekend,Got 25 scrapers ready and Greg and I got all the stave's laid out and cut out,need to get them on the form and plan on doing that is the next few weeks. We also got all the logs cut for the benches in the napping pit and Jon and Art got the arrows started for the trophies. Still lots to do but if we have a couple more productive weekend like this one we will be ready,also got the stumps Chris[Penhawk] wanted for his forging,hope they will work. Kevin and I also got the Kobota serviced and cleaned up,so it's ready for the event,That thing is handy and now that Woody has one also we are good to go. :) :) Here are a few pictures of the weekend. :) Back strap for supper. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5989 on: March 28, 2011, 07:52:13 am »
A couple of knives I was working on, the stone bald came from Shanon last week. :) he know how I like knives. ;) ;D Sadie's favorite spot by the fire.Hunter and Chris had some luck on the Youth hunt,Nice Jake, 16 lbs.I think he missed a really big Tom and took out his revenge on this one. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5990 on: March 28, 2011, 07:58:03 am »
Some feathers for stickbender. Jon and Art working on arrows for the Classic Trophies,Josh showed up Sat. morning and like usuall with a special project and always willing to help with stuff around the Club[he is stronger than he looks] ;) ;D ;D ;D Jon found a little time to shoot,always try and fit that
in. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5991 on: March 28, 2011, 08:05:27 am »
Cutting some post for the napping pit benches,also cut some smaller pieces for Stands for knives and other displays ,pretty cool stands  :)     
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5992 on: March 28, 2011, 08:14:32 am »
Splitting some more stand off the log,Woodys new plate for his Kobota,[His wife loves it] ;) ;D ;D
Josh cutting out his new project,he is making this for a soldier friend of his to take to Iraq. Art getting a little shooting practice in between choir's.I was cleaning up around my bench and found a bunch of spoons someone gave me so Jon decided to try his hand at some trade points,they worked great. :) No telling what I might fine if I cleaned up more often. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5993 on: March 28, 2011, 08:20:38 am »
Jon's spoon point ,Josh's Project,Wicked is all I can say. GregB showed up and helped with the bow blanks and also worked on a knife for a friend of his,These are the stumps we cut for Chris,they may be to tall but we can cut what he needs when he gets there. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5994 on: March 28, 2011, 08:26:06 am »
Woody and me went out before the rain and cut a bunch of walking sticks,people seem to love them
and I have plenty, :) Josh got his blade roughted out, Looking good,Terry getting the saws back up in shape for more wood cutting. GregB laying out some of the bow blanks. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #5995 on: March 28, 2011, 08:34:10 am »
Great looking weekend.  And I hope those feathers are for "stringstretcher" ...LOL.  Get a pile as tall as you can, because it looks like I am going to make it...(results of the MRA Friday)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5996 on: March 28, 2011, 08:36:14 am »
GregB working on a knife for a friend,Woody checking out Josh's new blade,looks like it should do the trick. ;) ;D Some of my knives almost finished for the weekend. All they need is sealing, All the stave's in the hot box and ready for the form. :) :) GregB and Josh discussing another project,they like to plan thing in advance, [The engineer coming out in them] ;) ;D ;D I just start and see what comes out. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5997 on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:28 am »
Yep they are. ;) :)  Everyone left about dark Sat,so I retired to the cabin and had a nice supper of Fried back strap,country eggs and taters and onions.Then a little Military channel and to bed,Great weekend. Hope yall was as good. Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5998 on: March 28, 2011, 08:53:58 am »
Looks like one of the most productive weekends!  Am anxious to see the new knapping pit!  From the sounds of things this coming Classic may just set a record for PA folks attending.  Am building a 16 foot long trailer for hauling my wife's side by side and my ATV.  Still some deep snow in the mountains so needed a project.  Sure do appreciate all that you do to make everyone welcome at Twin Oaks.  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline BearG

« Reply #5999 on: March 28, 2011, 12:48:41 pm »
25 DAYS :D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.