Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695140 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6075 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:17 pm »
Actually Eddie I'm probably more of a Wisconsin cheese head since I live on the boarder and spend most of my cash in Wisconsin. But if I go up to the bridge over to lower Michigan I tell them I'm a Yooper.
VB

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6076 on: April 13, 2011, 11:44:21 pm »
Told Ya...he's a Yooper by Proxy!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6077 on: April 15, 2011, 07:39:23 am »
Friday again,as usuall ,at least lately got a lot of plans for the weekend,Jon is at the club now putting the finishing touches on the bridge and roof on the registration area,The wood and tin will be delivered today for the extestion on the shed we use for vendors and then mowing and clean up still going on. We plan on finishing the trophy arrows also. It should be a fun but busy weekend.We plan on setting the range next week so need to get all the stuff around the cabin finished. Got to have the place looking good for yall. ;) ;D ;D Man I can't believe the Classic is almost here again,I am getting so excited I can't sleep. Hope yall have a good one ,I'll have pictures Monday of the progess.
 Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #6078 on: April 15, 2011, 10:55:56 am »
Man I wish I could just take 2 weeks and leave now instead of next Friday.
Helping you guys is a hoot. ( except for the big tent that is. )
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

HatchA

« Reply #6079 on: April 15, 2011, 04:15:10 pm »
Bought four more trees to plant around the garden - two Red Hawthorn and two Cherry Blossom (prunus Kanzan and Shirofugen).  Will be buying and planting a few more types of trees; like the Laburnum: Golden Rain.  Also hope to get a load of different apple trees to fill out the back garden with.

The more I think about it - the more I like the idea of being surrounded by beautiful trees...

Offline Otis

« Reply #6080 on: April 16, 2011, 02:47:28 pm »
Here's a couple of pictures of Sodbuster's buddy from Ark. Opening weekend using a piece of rock Mullet busted off for him on a turkey. Cut it like nobody's business.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6081 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:54 am »
Another great weekend,got most of the projects finished,Shed/Arrows for trophies and still had a little time for some knife work and good eating. We had a good crowd to help and even got a suprise visit from Jimmy and family. Great seeing them again.  Jon doing a little knife work early Friday while we watched it rain.Also my knife finished ,Jon made me a sheath for it Also a knew blade in the works.Hope yall had a good one also. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6082 on: April 18, 2011, 07:41:04 am »
Working on the new addition on the shed,Woody done a fine job heading this project up.A suprise visit From RangerB and family.Then a little knife work and some quite time around the fire. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6083 on: April 18, 2011, 07:46:01 am »
A little meeting of the minds around the fire Sat. morning, ;) ;D ;DThe shed finished except for a little bracing work and gravel.Our new shirts for the 14th Classic and I did manage to get my knife
started. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6084 on: April 18, 2011, 07:52:42 am »
Got the tents up for Gary and another one for PA and TwinOaks to set up. Then KingRon
cooked up some taters and fried cabage,I cooked a big deer roast and GregB came up with a pile
mushrooms,He hit the mother load. :) :) Great meal Sat. evening. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6085 on: April 18, 2011, 08:06:42 am »
Hannah just taking a break,Arrows ready for the TN.Classic trophies, The work shop spread out and set up from the selfbow Challenge.Then more time resting around the fire.It has been a long few weeks for us and by Sat. evening we were all worn out. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6086 on: April 18, 2011, 08:13:07 am »
King Ron's grandson got a little time to work on his shooting,he is shooting a bow sent to us by Halfeye,thanks he loves it. Then more cooking and spending a little time around the fire with friends and some good conversation. :) :) Everyone very excited about the next couple of weeks and getting to see our old friends again. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6087 on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:13 am »
We missed the storms that cam through the south,just a little rain and a little cold Sat.After that it cleared and ended up another beautiful and productive weekend. Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6088 on: April 18, 2011, 09:37:32 am »
I see the Most Important Thing is up and Running Pappy....Hot and Cold Running Water....alright!! Don't count me out just yet Guys...I am working some Angles.... :-\
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #6089 on: April 18, 2011, 10:12:40 am »
El D hope you can make it Do I need to come over there and lean on someone for you? Pappy looks like you guys just about got it figured out. See you in about a week Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?