Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695318 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6180 on: May 06, 2011, 11:03:46 am »
I'll be your huckaberry.   
Man wish I could come on down and help with the clean up.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #6181 on: May 06, 2011, 11:53:22 am »
Good pictures!
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6182 on: May 06, 2011, 12:48:08 pm »
Hello brothers and sisters of the bow,looks like the classic went well once again.fellow archers, hunters, craftsmen , and lovers of all things wild enjoying a little camaraderie . I have never met most of you in person who grace the pages of PA ad who share your wisdom and bowyer knowledge on this site, yet i feel a kinship to many of you through the bending of the bow , and the sound of feathers slicing through air. Joe WOLF WATCHER York took my youngest son Josiah with him to the classic this year. Since returning home he has told and retold the stories of meeting so many of you who he has only known via this site for years. people like Pappy, "he is so cool dad"..El destructo "He is a real warrior and helped me to build a bow" "They made me a knife dad and taught me everything,even stuff you dont know"LOL    Memories for a 12 year old boy that will never leave and will only grow as he retells them to his children  and their children and keeps the tradition of archery flowing through the generations. Thank you Joe for all you do for my family.. your honor integrity and commitment to teaching the young what it really means to be alive is awesome. Thanks to all my brothers and sisters of the bow who were an inspiration to a young archer. to those of you who took time to pass it on, to light the spark that fuels the fire in one so young. my hats off to you all. Maybe next year will find us all sitting around the council fire sharing stories of the hunt and shaking hands in person.  Hawk a/ho   
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6183 on: May 06, 2011, 01:49:18 pm »
Thanks Mike,Glad he enjoyed it,I really enjoyed his company,very nice young man.Hope he and your family can make it back someday and of course Joe is always a pleasure to be around. You are lucky to get to spend so much time with him,A lot to be learned from Joe. :) A few more pictures of some of the gift giving,givingest bunch I have ever been around. :) :)  By the way good to here I
am COOL. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6184 on: May 06, 2011, 02:03:35 pm »
More gifte .Cracker and Miss Joanie, Hawk throw from Chuck [Thanks Chuck],and more friends ariving. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6185 on: May 06, 2011, 02:07:07 pm »
A few more to hold yall over till Monday,cause I am out of here. ;) ;D ;D ;D Yall have a good one,see ya Monday. :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #6186 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:53 pm »
That looked like it was so much fun!!!  ;D Was that a warbow being made of osage?

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #6187 on: May 07, 2011, 01:23:24 pm »
girlfriend sees me bummed out everytime i miss the classic and says we are going next year  ;D plus she has kin in north carolina she wants to see
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6188 on: May 07, 2011, 03:39:24 pm »
The Classic was the best American Cultural Experience i've seen, so far.  We'll be pilgrimming our way there from here on. ;D
1’—>1’

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6189 on: May 07, 2011, 05:16:41 pm »
Stephen.........

Once You go to "THE CLASSIC"............No other Shoot can HACK IT......... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pennhawk

« Reply #6190 on: May 07, 2011, 10:54:42 pm »
Life truly is good,A week has gone by now and the classic is fresh in my mind like it was yesterday, pulling into camp at 2-30 am and getting greeted by bear and brother dan and then this big fellow came over and me being from the north had a little trouble making him out but as the weekend went on it became easy and he (Cracker) sure is a cool guy. I thank you Pappy for inviting me down I had a good time and met a lott of great people. It was fun putting the faces with some of the names on PA.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6191 on: May 07, 2011, 11:00:56 pm »
yup, a week hass gone by.
all the memories are still fresh in my mind too
i feel like Lt. John Dunbar (Kevin Kostners character in Dances With Wolves)
as he is reliving the memories of the celebration at the indian camp
as he dances around his campfire
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6192 on: May 09, 2011, 07:33:26 am »
yall are right,a week and can't believe it is over for a year.Anyway we had another good weekend at the Cabin,not nearly as busy as last week but fun just the same,we are about to get everything back in it place and managed to get a few projects started and some finished. Here are a few pictures of the weekend.I will post more of the Classic later this week. Jon made some new string jigs,he had them down pat by the end of the weekend.He also made his brother a knife and stand,man he stays busy while he is there. Also Some new tool miss Joanie got for me at the Classic,can't wait to try them out. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6193 on: May 09, 2011, 07:38:48 am »
Got all the Turkey wings processed ,almost waited to long on them. ;) ;D ;D Also got a new member to the Club,Bubba the cat,hope he make it,he will kind of be on his own in a few weeks when he gets a little bigger. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6194 on: May 09, 2011, 07:45:51 am »
The feathers finished/sprayed and stored. Of course supper. ;) :) These are the trophies we had at the Classic for those that didn't get to see them,we are really proud of them. Jon still working on
his string making . Then got a chance to do a little shooting,I was trying out Jon's new bow he got at the Classic.Very nice shooter. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good