Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652809 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Life is good
« Reply #795 on: January 02, 2008, 11:26:54 am »
 Hey Pappy, lookin at your camp fire reminded me af a b-bq design that a friend sent me. Thought you might want to give it a try on your next outing,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,, Better make sure there is no patten rights,,,,,Keenan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #796 on: January 02, 2008, 12:12:08 pm »
Alway's a good time sittin around pickin and grinnin ;D. That one guy with the sister needs to get to a dentist quick ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #797 on: January 02, 2008, 01:55:28 pm »
Ya that is what I told him,he said you ought to see my sister,said they only had 1 tooth brush
between 4 kids and he was always the last to use it and the tooth past was almost worn out by the time he got it.Of course you know they are fake,he wanted to take that picture and post it and tell everyone he was on Pappy's pro shooting staff. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #798 on: January 02, 2008, 07:36:18 pm »
That guy with the teeth is one good lookin fellow.  Since posting the pictures all of the ladies from my local bingo hall keep calling to hire out my services.  Sorry to say I'm booked solid.

The NY boys got back home at 8am the next morning.  We made good time. We had a super time seeing more deer than we ever have.  I hope they don't put restrictions on Area 12 because we just about have it figured out.  Next year is going to be our year.

I particurlarly enjoy meeting people from around the country who have the same passion as I do and speak the same language.  We ate like kings and had the best view out of the outhouse window.  I truly wish everyone can experience a hunting camp like this. 

Thanks to Pappy and the other Twin Oaks boys for thier hospitality.  Hopefully you realize theat all Yankees are no so bad. :)

See you next year,

Glenn     

Offline DanaM

« Reply #799 on: January 02, 2008, 07:55:25 pm »
Sounds like a great time guys, so how many tickets did the man write ;D Or did ya bribe him food ;)
Glenn this Yankee Yooper is going to visit Pappy and the boys in May ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GlennM

« Reply #800 on: January 02, 2008, 09:37:52 pm »
I'd love to go to the Classic, but I teach High school and cannot get away at that time.  My 2 other buddies have made the trip before and are thinking of doing it again.

Glenn

Offline Big A

« Reply #801 on: January 02, 2008, 09:49:10 pm »
Glenn you Dave and Chuckie are welcome in my hunting camp anytime. I had a really good time. It is always good to hunt with friends. ;)

CastIron

« Reply #802 on: January 02, 2008, 11:30:37 pm »
Glenn,
What A said it was good having ya'll Oops I mean you guy's in camp,  hopfully we will have at least one more season there.
Too bad you can't get away in May, maybe Chuck and Dave can come

Grant.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #803 on: January 03, 2008, 05:34:26 am »
All the teachers we have around here don't work half the time anyway,so what is
the problem. ;D ;D ;D I bribed Chuck with a hole in the limb stave. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #804 on: January 03, 2008, 11:11:01 am »
Glenn,

It was good seeing you and the boys again! I had a big all time, and enjoyed pickin around the campfire. Can't wait until next year...
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #805 on: January 04, 2008, 05:44:40 am »
Friday again,I am headed to the cabin for 1 more weekend of hunting and then the regular season
here in Tn. is over,seems like it just started.The weather is supposed to be good so maybe I
will get one more chance to launch an arrow.Got some backstrap  laid out for supper and got
some wood that needs to be scraped on.Also need to grind some feathers and work on some
arrows for the up coming 3d season so I have plenty to keep me busy.Yall have a good
weekend and I will have some pictures Monday. :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #806 on: January 07, 2008, 05:45:27 am »
Had a great weekend,kindof quit,Grant came down to hunt and had some kids and a few friends down Sat.We seen several deer but none dead. :) It is really tough around here this time of year,O well it don't matter now it is over.We do have a youth hunt next weekend but other than that
it closed Sunday.Didn't work on my new bow much but did get a good belly split cleaned up and
ready to chase a ring.Hunted most of the day so not much time,now I have all the time I need.
Had some Rice Gumbo for supper Friday night and Backstrap and taters for Sat. night so
if nothing else we ate good.Here are some pictures of the weekend.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:58:49 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #807 on: January 07, 2008, 05:50:18 am »
Just some good reading,Breakfast Sat. morning and getting supper ready for Sat. night.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #808 on: January 07, 2008, 05:52:58 am »
Old friends and some of the kids,They love my rock pile,Osage belly split ready to chase a ring.
    Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:00:42 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #809 on: January 07, 2008, 05:54:49 am »
Supper Sat. night and just some relaxing. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:01:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good