Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4653746 times)

CastIron

Re: Life is good
« Reply #885 on: January 23, 2008, 03:23:49 pm »
400grs of ceder,turkey feathers & COLD steel applied at about 170 feet per second from a hight of 15ft

You forgot the part about..."propelled by a selfbow!" :)

I figured that the "170 fps" would give that away.......... but my Hickory does shoot a bit faster than that  >:D

step two would be to pre heat dutch oven with 2 scoops of hickory or red oak coals ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #886 on: January 24, 2008, 06:47:23 am »
Don't forget the beacon grease. ;D We will get this all togeather before it's over.I really
don't have a recipe,I just throw it togeather with what I have on hand.Now that's Primitive
in my book. ;D use what you have. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #887 on: January 25, 2008, 10:11:52 am »
Well don't know how much I will be at the cabin this weekend,as most know I lost a good friend Thursday and have to lay him to rest Sat.and visitation this evening,he was a old friend of many of us in the club[GregB,BigA,Castiron ,Knothead and many more so it will be slow down there.
Life is still good but it dose make you think how good it is when something like this happens.
Makes you understand how short it is and you need to take full advantage of every minute doing
what you like and especially sharing it with good friends and family.We will miss him and all his
tall tailes but life goes on so once we get passed this we will go own just as he would have wanted.
Enough of the sad stuff,We had planed an event at a local church Sat. evening for some bow
shooting and trying to show some kids a little about Primitive Archery,don't know if that will happen now but we may still be able to make it work.We will see how it goes.Hope yall have
a good weekend .Life is Good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #888 on: January 25, 2008, 10:57:39 am »
Pappy,
I have to say Bill represented Life Is Good as well as anyone he did know how to enjoy a camp fire and hep you do the same.

Offline BearG

« Reply #889 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:48 am »
Mark let Bill"s family know the Ohio boy's that met him.  Will miss him and thought he was a great guy. :'(
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #890 on: January 25, 2008, 11:38:40 am »
The last time he was at the cabin,just kicked back and telling his stories.He is the one
closest to the camera.  :) I will pass that along Bear and Grant that is so true. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #891 on: January 25, 2008, 11:39:40 am »
And there you are to Bear,enjoying a cold one or is that 2. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #892 on: January 25, 2008, 11:48:20 am »
2 hands 2 beers
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #893 on: January 26, 2008, 08:53:48 pm »
   Yep! Good friends are going to go up the trail ahead of ya',when it's your turn,remember to build a big warm fire and be settin' there when they arrive,Yesir. Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #894 on: January 28, 2008, 06:49:07 am »
Well it wasn't a normal weekend,with the lose of my our friend but we all made it through it
and now life goes on.After all the stuff I had to do Friday evening and Sat. morning I just
needed to get away,so down to the Cabin I went.Wasn't anyone there but me and my girls,Sadie and Hanna :).I built up a big fire and broke out some Osage I have been working on.Got
 good start on it,Straightened and out to about 4 inches on the tiller stick.I also went out and cut a ERC I have had my eye on for a while and couldn't think of a better time.I also have had a couple of mishap's so I cut off the good limb and cleaned them up a bit and am now waiting on a handle splice to make a take down with the good limbs,always wanted  to do that so now I am.If I learned
anything from the passing of my friend it is don't put off anything you want to do cause you
just don't know.The first picture is something yall won't see much so go ahead and have you laughs.
I made a simple supper of smoked sausage and eggs,bisquits and home made pear preserves and then just set by the fire and thought.It was a good night.Life is good.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:00:32 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #895 on: January 28, 2008, 07:03:10 am »
The ERC cut and split. Also the Osage just after straightinf and starting the tiller process.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #896 on: January 28, 2008, 07:06:31 am »
The Osage a little futher along and Supper,Good cholesterol.Nothing like pork and eggs. ;D
Hope yall had a good one also. :)
     Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:16:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #897 on: January 28, 2008, 07:10:10 am »
Sometimes its nice to go off alone Pappy, gives a fellow time to think with no distractions.
As you say Pappy Life Is Good, even if it thumps ya upside the head occasionally.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #898 on: January 28, 2008, 08:33:20 am »
You are so right Dana,I like a crowd sometimes ,but sometimes it is good to just get away by yourself,just to gather your thoughts.I seen this wrote some where and just love it and try to
love this way [Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well
preserved body... but rather to skid in broadside thouriughly used up,totaly worn out,with  a

bow in hand and loudly proclaim....WOW...What a ride.] I don't know where I got this but
that is the way I think I want to live my life and pretty much have,at least the worn out part. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #899 on: January 28, 2008, 09:19:16 am »
I had a similar evening as Pappy Saturday after the funeral. I went back in the woods behind my house squirrel hunting. Had a pretty good walk, and ended up sitting in the hollow across from my house until dark. Saw four deer walk through my food plot and pass both my stand locations. Was a good peaceful evening... :)

By the way Pappy....that plate of food looked like how I tend to pile it on. :)  After the lunch we had at church after the funeral, I fasted the rest of the day. ;D Yeah right... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...