Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4653945 times)

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Re: Life is good
« Reply #900 on: January 28, 2008, 09:21:16 am »
Keep on keeping on Pappy, at least them reduced fat triscuts will counter some of that pork and eggs!
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #901 on: January 28, 2008, 02:05:51 pm »
Sorry for you loss Pappy.  I had a similar weekend.  The son of one of my best friends was killed in a Navy Seahawk Helicopter crash down in Corpus Cristi, TX on the 16th.  They brought him home to Oklahoma for burial and I went to the funeral Saturday, one day shy of his 23rd birthday.  Made for a sobering weekend.  I got out and worked my horses Sunday with my daughter and felt much better.  My friend, the young seaman's father, was out the afternoon the day before the funeral feeding cows with his other son.  Not only did it have to be done, it was his way of getting on with life.  Even with its trials, Life is Good. 

Otoe 
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #902 on: January 29, 2008, 06:42:54 am »
Sorry to hear that Otoe,it seems it is always something.GregB we have our annual squirrel
hunt this weekend so that should be fun.Check in Friday evening.Got my handle splice yesterday
so I will be busy this weekend seeing if I can figure out how to put the 2 good limbs togeather
and tillering the other Osage.Can't wait till Friday. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #903 on: January 29, 2008, 02:41:16 pm »
Mark, I understand the way you felt this weekend. We buried a friend and deacon at my church on Sunday. 46 yrs old, had a heart attack at home Thurs night, his 2 teenage sons found him and did CPR but to no avail. He was Lt. Ken Simpson of the Cleveland City Police Force. No signs or symptoms, for all intents and purposes a very healthy man, ate well, trim, exercised, yearly tests and values were all normal and good. But now he's gone, way too early. An autopsy showed 3 totally blocked arteries to the heart. His funeral was held here in Cleveland but we took him to Winchester,TN to be buried. I guess when it's your time to go, no matter what, you can't stop it. So be sure to let the ones you love know they are loved and appreciated, every time you see them. Never leave it undone, there may not be another chance to say it.
Mrs. CheapShot  (Tomi )

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #904 on: January 29, 2008, 10:58:44 pm »
Sorry for your loss Toni. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #905 on: January 30, 2008, 06:37:31 am »
Sorry to hear that Tomi,I know it happens all the time but it really hits home
when it's someone close to you.Chin up and move on is all you can do,and
remember the good time you had.Life is good,AL tho to short for some.
They say the good die young ,so I guess I might get a reprive. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #906 on: January 30, 2008, 09:23:56 am »

Very sorry for the loss of a good friend Tomi. Sad for the family as well...especially as you said at his age.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #907 on: January 30, 2008, 09:47:39 am »
Let's get a happier subject going,GregB what's for supper Friday night.I was thinking steak and gravy for Sat.BigA said he was coming down.I also got my handle splice to make the take down
so I am excited to get started on it.Also want to finish tillering the Osage I have been working on.
   Pappy  :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #908 on: January 30, 2008, 02:40:36 pm »
I was at the Mall with my wife last night and saw some tee shirts that said Life is good so I had to see if there was any with the little stick man (I think his name is Jake) with a bow but as usual no luck 
However on the shelf below were some shirts that said LIFE IS CRAP with pictures of bad things happening canoes riped off of the top of the "SUV" and other such Yuppie catastrophes. >:D

It made me think perhaps a thread for when things go wrong like a bow blowing or Greg getting the last Biscut when you were not looking or dare I say Greg getting a slightly under cooked Tater  ;D ;D

Just a thought this new job is not keeping me busy yet :)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #909 on: January 30, 2008, 03:06:06 pm »
GregB what's for supper Friday night.
I could bring a couple of deer roasts, and maybe either some stewed or mashed potatoe's...could even cook the potatoes with the roast for that matter. A pan of cornbread, and we're in business! ;)

Greg getting the last Biscut when you were not looking or dare I say Greg getting a slightly under cooked Tater 
Getting the last biscuit is better then no biscuit! Although a slightly under cooked tater is a slightly different matter... ;D

Grant, are you comin' down for Friday night?
Greg

CastIron

« Reply #910 on: January 30, 2008, 03:17:25 pm »
 I thought that comment would draw you out Greg  >:D ..... I can not make it this weekend as I have to be in Las Vegas for the shot show  so I will miss the squirrel shoot again.  :(
I might stop by tonight for a short while.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #911 on: January 30, 2008, 03:25:51 pm »
Have a safe trip Grant. :)
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #912 on: January 31, 2008, 06:54:27 am »
I've got the steaks laid out,what ever you think.We can have steak both day if yall like,
got plenty.All I need is taters and I think we will be set.I will be down early Friday evening so I will get something going.Might ought to shoot a little just in case I get a shot at a squirrel.Got
my arrows ready yesterday so I'm set.All I need is something to shoot at. ;D ;DWe might do steak and taters Friday night and do the crock pot thing for Sat. evening,that is easy and Sat. may be busy skinning Squirrels. ;) ;D and scraping on some wood. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #913 on: January 31, 2008, 09:26:53 am »
Sounds good...I just set some back strip out of the freezer and in the refrigerator this morning. It's from 2006 and needs eating! ;)

Maybe we could cook it Saturday or whenever. There should be enough folks around that if we need help consuming some extra food it shouldn't be a problem.

What's the weapon of choice for this squirrel hunt...bow or rifle?
Greg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #914 on: January 31, 2008, 09:56:02 am »
Ya you will be there, ;D ;D I'm taking my bow,plan on doing a little scouting and shed hunting.
If you plan on winning I would suggest a 22.I think that is what most will use.I'm just hard
headed as you know and am in it more for the gathering than the hunt.I will leave it up
to yall to bring home the meat. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good