Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610720 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #18930 on: June 20, 2022, 03:41:55 am »
Love the Yew Pappy. Hate to admit, Yew Wood Bows are as Pretty as they come ! Thanks as always - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18931 on: June 24, 2022, 08:25:52 am »
Ya I like the look of yew also Bob, it is kind of unpredictable at least for me, seems the worst looking starves make the best bow, ??? the best ones sometimes blow for no apparent reason but when you do get a good bow from it they are real shooters. ;) Anyway plan on trying to get this one shooting this weekend, to hot for much else so some shop time under the fans are in order. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18932 on: June 26, 2022, 06:25:39 pm »
Great weekend, still hot and very dry but we are still making do. Done a couple of hikes with my pack early, some shooting on the practice range with friends and some shop time, very enjoyable time. My girls hunting for a mouse that lives under my work bench, they never can seem to catch him, guess i need another cat. ??? ;) :) GregB came by for some more work on his grand son's walking stick and I got some tins looking more like they should for my muzzle loader stuff and anything else that might need a dry place.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18933 on: June 26, 2022, 06:32:06 pm »
Got me some more hemp and made a couple of lanyards for my last neck knife and a water pouch I have had for years without a strap. Then Joe and I headed out on the range, temperature was hot, mid 90's but a little breeze and wasn't to bad in the woods. :) Shot one of my latest bow and shot pretty well, pretty satisfied with it so it's time for finish.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 06:53:29 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18934 on: June 26, 2022, 06:38:04 pm »
I may not have out shot Joe on all the targets but got him on the last one, (AT) it is 120 yards in the field at the end of the practice course. ever who get closest wins the day. :BB  Started on a couple more knives and put my yew back on the form for some final touch up, tillered it out to 48@26, may need a little touch up on the tiller when I get it off the form but should be close to ready. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18935 on: June 26, 2022, 06:42:42 pm »
Getting the handle fitted on one of my knives, the hardest part for me is to get the hole drilled in a crooked horn with out breaking out, you just have to be careful/slow and be sure every things is lined up before you start, this one went fairly well. Shawn showed up doing some feather work for a new set of tapered arrows he just got.  :) He hand trims each one, takes some time but they look good.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 06:55:49 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18936 on: June 26, 2022, 06:44:58 pm »
Doug showed up for some arrow work and I went to work heat treating one of my blades, pretty hot for that but had to be done. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18937 on: June 26, 2022, 06:49:29 pm »
I always clamp my blade as soon as it comes out of the oil, just in case of warping, seems to work well. One thing that is liking this hot weather is my 2 fish ponds, they love it and the fish seem to like it also. Shawn put one of his bows on the heavy reflex form, if he can hold most of that after tillering :-\ it should be a shooter for sure.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 06:57:35 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18938 on: June 26, 2022, 06:51:31 pm »
Knife ready for some final sanding/sealing and sharping. Great weekend, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #18939 on: June 27, 2022, 03:18:07 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18940 on: June 29, 2022, 08:06:29 am »
You are welcome Bob, headed out for a hike this morning then back to the house for Margret Ann Wednesday, well 3 grand kid Wednesday now. :)
Got bush hogging going on, my yew bow looking good ,my Osage putting on finish and 2 more knives in the works, so staying very busy. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18941 on: July 03, 2022, 06:03:44 pm »
Happy birth day America !!!!! Great weekend, very hot and humid but finely got some much needed rain, made things humid but very welcomed. I got a lot of my bush hogging done in the early mornings and then some time in the shop and on the practice range later in the day and evening. here is a few pictures of the fun. Stand made for my last knife and another blade started.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 06:34:58 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18942 on: July 03, 2022, 06:05:57 pm »
Handle made and fitted for my newest knife and last coat of tru oil on my latest Osage bow. Shawn showed up working on and Elm Molly bow.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18943 on: July 03, 2022, 06:07:43 pm »
Shawn making some head way on the Molly bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18944 on: July 03, 2022, 06:10:30 pm »
Knife and stand finished and next blade heat treated and tempered, also got my Yew bow off the form and ready for clean up and finish tillering. :)  :Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good