Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611007 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19020 on: August 15, 2022, 08:28:21 am »
From Elm Hall. ;) :D :D :D :D :D Then to the ranges, we set 2 15 target courses, un like the varmint shoot this is mostly large stuff, the kind of range i like. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19021 on: August 15, 2022, 08:29:13 am »
More of the range set up.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19022 on: August 15, 2022, 08:30:30 am »
My girls ran every mile, just keeping an eye on us making sure we set it up right.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19023 on: August 15, 2022, 08:32:24 am »
Last shot and them i spent a little time on my yew bow, looking good so far  :) ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19024 on: August 15, 2022, 11:04:34 am »
Like the profile of that Yew Bow ! Glad You saved that Old Skull You found in Michigan  )P( - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19025 on: August 16, 2022, 08:26:46 am »
Thanks Bob, it is coming along, got the curves evened up and out to 52@24, just a few more lbs off and a couple more inches and it should be ready to shoot in. :) So far so good but at least for me you never know with Yew. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19026 on: August 17, 2022, 03:11:11 am »
I was always a "Nervous Nellie" working on Yew, have never really trusted it, even knowing it's a Great Wood! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19027 on: August 17, 2022, 08:31:54 am »
Yep that has been my experience also.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19028 on: August 22, 2022, 08:27:21 am »
Great weekend, the shoot went well and everyone seemed to like the set up, I was so busy with the shoot and trying to get a few things done for our trip I didn't take a picture one  ??? I guess I am getting old and when I though of pictures it was Saturday night after everything was over.
Headed down this morning to put new LED lights in my trailer and get my spike camp and day pack packed and load a few things in the trailer. We are heading out a week for tomorrow so time is short and still lots to do. :) Hope I don't forget something  :-[ ;) ;) ;) I can hardly wait to smell that Mountain air.  :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19029 on: August 22, 2022, 01:40:47 pm »
Great weekend, the shoot went well and everyone seemed to like the set up, I was so busy with the shoot and trying to get a few things done for our trip I didn't take a picture one  ??? I guess I am getting old and when I though of pictures it was Saturday night after everything was over.
Headed down this morning to put new LED lights in my trailer and get my spike camp and day pack packed and load a few things in the trailer. We are heading out a week for tomorrow so time is short and still lots to do. :) Hope I don't forget something  :-[ ;) ;) ;) I can hardly wait to smell that Mountain air.  :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy

Where are you headed, Pappy?  I did the unthinkable and drew a decent elk tag.  We'll be up on the hill the weekend after next, and if necessary I have a couple four-day weekends after that.  Gonna be a great time!
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19030 on: August 23, 2022, 08:51:09 am »
We go to the flat tops in white river national forest, east of Meeker about 40 miles, Big fish lake/Marvine lake area, love it because their is no ATV's if you are in there it is on foot or horse so you don't have to worry if you are setting on top at day light after a 2 hour pack in someone will come putting up on a 4 wheeler or side by side, ;) pretty peaceful and don't see many people.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #19031 on: August 23, 2022, 03:11:26 pm »
Oh yeah, that’s your Greater Michigan Coconut.  I hear say the beaver really like to get after ‘em, ya know.
1’—>1’

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19032 on: August 23, 2022, 04:32:35 pm »
We go to the flat tops in white river national forest, east of Meeker about 40 miles, Big fish lake/Marvine lake area, love it because their is no ATV's if you are in there it is on foot or horse so you don't have to worry if you are setting on top at day light after a 2 hour pack in someone will come putting up on a 4 wheeler or side by side, ;) pretty peaceful and don't see many people.
 Pappy

That's a beautiful area.  Hope you get into some bulls!
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19033 on: August 24, 2022, 08:49:09 am »
Gators also Steve. ::) ;) :) Thanks WB, yes we love the area, just beautiful country. Guess i better get up stairs and talk with Miss Joanie, with all that is going on I almost forgot one of the best days in my life, August 24th 1973 I made her my wife after dating her 7 years, pretty much she and I have been together all our lives, started going together at 13, not sure how she has put up with me that long but Thank the Good Lord every day that she has. 49 years married today at 5 pm. WOW where does time go.  ;) :) :) :) Life is truly very good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19034 on: August 24, 2022, 09:53:13 am »
Happy anniversary Miss Joanie and Pappy. You have been married almost as long as I've had my beard.
I know you guys will have many more years of happiness together.  8)
  Good luck to you and Beau in Colorado. I know just being there is quite special especially with just the two of you together.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC