Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609854 times)

Otis and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #19125 on: September 27, 2022, 06:09:28 am »
Congrats Pappy - nice shootin'  (SH)  :-D ! Thanks as always  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Piddler

« Reply #19126 on: September 27, 2022, 07:04:52 pm »
Pappy, Congrats on the deer and good shot. Our season starts Saturday so coming quickly.

Osage Outlaw, Thanks for the Brain Blaster photos
Piddler
"My goal in life is to try and be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19127 on: September 28, 2022, 07:39:35 am »
Thanks guys, got her all boned out and in the ice to soak for a day or 2 yesterday along with another doe given to me the guy didn't want, ??? ;) :)  also got the hides fleshed and ready to put in the rack, planning on doing at least one of them this morning, it is Margret Ann Wednesday :)  so only time for one today, will do the Friday most likely and cut and package the meat Saturday after I get out of the woods. Really get busy this time of the year. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19128 on: September 29, 2022, 08:51:37 am »
Had a good day with the grand kids yesterday, also early got my doe hide in the rack, it's almost 6 feet long so should make a good bit of brain tan, got to close the pool today :(  and hopefully get to the cabin later this evening to rack the other hide , work up some meat and then get back to hunting. ;) The weather is beautiful here although still very dry.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19129 on: September 29, 2022, 06:27:50 pm »
Got the pool closed and Miss Joanie happy, got my meat draining and plan on grinding and cutting up Saturday morning when I get out of the woods, also my second hide in the rack,  now I am in the stand enjoying the beautiful cool weather, got a deer roast going at he cabin, hard to beat a day like this. Life is truly good and I feel so so blessed. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19130 on: October 02, 2022, 05:14:32 pm »
Great weekend, got a lot done at the cabin and also some hunting in, seems this is the time of year to gather supplies and stayed pretty busy at that all weekend. few pictures. My fleshing pole and dull draw knife, works great on the deer hides. Got 2 hides all fleshed out and ready to rack up.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19131 on: October 02, 2022, 05:18:34 pm »
Had a buddy drop by with 3 bags of turkey feathers and found a shed while out tracking a deer for a friend. Like I said gathering supplies. ;) :) :) Also got the 2 doe all worked up and packaged , got enough burger for our brat making this winter and lots of steak and roast for the winter. It's a start. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19132 on: October 02, 2022, 05:22:41 pm »
Got both hides racked up and looking very good, mine only had 1 hole and the other 2 but can sew them up when I brain tan them. Then Saturday morning I got another nice doe, 10 yard shot, not the best shot I have ever made but lets just say thir was no tracking involved and that's a good thing.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19133 on: October 02, 2022, 05:23:55 pm »
Hope yall had a good one also. Life is good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19134 on: October 02, 2022, 05:24:56 pm »
By the way that was the finishing shot.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19135 on: October 02, 2022, 05:56:07 pm »
I thought maybe you were in a pit blind with that shot.  (lol)  You are racking them up this year, Pappy, both the deer and their hides.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19136 on: October 03, 2022, 03:34:36 am »
Thanks Pappy  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19137 on: October 03, 2022, 08:44:17 am »
Ya Pat it wasn't pleasant but sometime we have to do what we have to do.  :) Now to cut it up and get in into the freezer. It is supposed to be warm/windy and still very dry all week so probably won't hunt till Thursday or Friday. Got the Baggett reunion this coming Sunday so got several things to do around the cabin to be ready for all my kin folks to enjoy. Yall have a good week. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Otis

« Reply #19138 on: October 03, 2022, 11:49:02 pm »
Congratulations Pappy.  Debbie got a doe fawn this evening at our place.  It was by itself and she has trouble telling a big one from a little one.  She was down on herself when we got to it.  A well placed shot and it didn't go 80 yards.  I was
proud of her.  Tender meat but not much of it.  Looking forward to getting down there in about a month.

David

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19139 on: October 04, 2022, 07:06:14 am »
I know that’s not pleasant Pappy, but I certainly can think of worse outcomes. You did what you had to do and that’s hunting.

Hope you and your kin folk have a very nice get together.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise