Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609859 times)

Otis and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19155 on: October 16, 2022, 05:38:28 pm »
Got the blades heat treated and tempered and the handles all laid out and ready to assemble.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19156 on: October 16, 2022, 05:41:30 pm »
Got all the feet ready to mount and since there is a lot of waiting time with blades I decided to make some jerky, done 6 lbs of ground venison, first time i have used the shooter but it seemed to work out great and pretty easy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19157 on: October 16, 2022, 05:43:58 pm »
Mark showed up and I helped him process a couple of deer. Got the stands all laid out for the knives, took some doing just using her antlers but I managed with a little left over.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:50:36 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19158 on: October 16, 2022, 05:48:00 pm »
Got Doug's bow laid out and cut close to dimensions , got the stands all glued up and ready to put in some brass pins to hole them good also got the board ready to mount elk feet, it is and old walnut crotch piece that me and Woody milled from a log off the farm. That's about it for this weekend, hope yall had a good one also, Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:51:28 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19159 on: October 17, 2022, 03:45:27 am »
How did You like the Jerkey out of the Shooter? Always wanted to try that System out. Thanks as always  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19160 on: October 17, 2022, 08:29:35 am »
It turned out great Bob, I never thought I would like it, figured it would be like eating a meat stick, I like mine jerky a little chewy but after eating some of BigA's and GregB's I thought I would try it, it dries up nice and stick together very good. Much easier to do because it is so consistent and only took about 5 hours to cook and dry out like i like it.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19161 on: October 26, 2022, 06:00:02 am »
Been really busy this week trying to get a few things done around the house and the farm, got the youth hunt coming up Saturday with 4 kids coming to hunt then next week My Fl. boys + Eddie and Dave are coming in for a few days to fellowship and hunt, busy time of year for me. Got through the storms yesterday with no major problems and finely headed to the woods this morning to see if i can get more meat for the freezer. Have got a few projects done around the shop and will have some pictures up in a few days. Hope all is going good for all my PA friends also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19162 on: October 27, 2022, 06:20:48 am »
Headed to the cabin for a few days, going to try and get in a little more hunting before the youth hunt and all my buddies show up. I get really busy when I have friends there and usually don't get to hunt much . I love it when I have friends to share the place with but also something to be said for peace and quite and some ME time. Had a good day yesterday and will have more pictures and stories when I get back home. Yall have a good one. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19163 on: October 27, 2022, 11:33:03 am »
Nice tom, Pappy.  (SH)   :G   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19164 on: October 28, 2022, 04:04:01 am »
NICE  :G ! Good job Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #19165 on: October 28, 2022, 07:43:21 am »
Congrats on the thunder chicken.  Its sure tough to get one with a bow. We've had a very dry fall in WNY.  Last year our property was under water.  It has been warm and the full moon has kept most deer travel to the late night hours.  This morning was 31 degrees and a thick frost.  Hoping to turn my luck around this weekend.  Our hunt club is hosting a Injured Soldier Weekend.  Vets stay at our place and hunt surrounding properties.  It is done in conjunction with a local church and their Christian Bowhunter Group.  I visited with Dave and Barb the other day.  We made plans for some summer adventures with the camper.  I hope all is well in the holler.  Say hello and best wishes to the gang.  Stay safe and good luck in the woods.

Glenn

Offline trad_bowhunter1965

« Reply #19166 on: October 28, 2022, 11:39:25 am »
Congregation's Pappy nice Tom !!
If you see crazy coming cross the street

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19167 on: October 28, 2022, 12:03:36 pm »
Pappy,
Congratulations on your turkey. You accomplished something that many have not. Getting a turkey with a primitive bow! Very Cool!
take care,
brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19168 on: October 31, 2022, 07:58:46 am »
Thanks guys, it was pretty cool. Had a great few days at the cabin, hunting/finishing up some projects and topped off with a great youth weekend hunt. Here are a few pictures. Started the week with another doe to process that someone didn't want, got to love that at lease for me  ;) :) :) :) and also got the 3 knives I was making for my cousin finished up.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 08:28:01 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19169 on: October 31, 2022, 08:00:57 am »
Shawn showed up for some bow work and I got the doe processed and hide on the rack, that's 3 for this year ready to tan when I get ready. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good