Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609455 times)

Outbackbob48 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19185 on: November 10, 2022, 08:10:39 am »
The guys just hanging out before the evening hunt and i got my spike hide in the rack and all the meat worked up and in the freezer.  :)
 pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19186 on: November 10, 2022, 08:12:36 am »
Wound up doing 4 hides over the week, now to get the hair off and made into rawhide. Great time for sure, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 08:16:12 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19187 on: November 11, 2022, 04:32:09 am »
Looks like good time Pappy ! Thanks for sharing  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19188 on: November 12, 2022, 07:23:40 am »
Trying to keep up Pappy but I’m getting a little behind. Looks like still a lot of cool stuff going on at the farm.

Love seeing those kids out there

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19189 on: November 14, 2022, 07:45:55 am »
Had a great weekend with Beau hunting and hanging out, also had the Boy Scouts down for 3 days, it was cold and some rain mixed with sleet and a little snow but they fared well and hunting was good also. Not many pictures , just to busy with the scouts and hauling deer out.  ;) :) :) A nice fire was in order all weekend. Beau doubled up first morning out, nice 8 point and nice doe also, he said he was going to name that stand the 2fer because the last time he hunted it he doubled also, :) no picture of the bow because it had wheels, don't know what is wrong with that boy but I am good with it as long as he is with me hunting. :) The scouts had lots of cool projects going on and stayed busy all weekend.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19190 on: November 14, 2022, 07:51:29 am »
More scout projects. Beau and I done a demonstration on skinning and boning a deer for the boys, a lot of them had no idea and  seemed to really enjoy it. Then a good supper of home made mashed potato's /beans and back strap wrapped in beacon, yum yum. It was just Beau and I around our fire at night and we had some great Father, son talks. We don't get to do that much and I really enjoyed it and think he did also. ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19191 on: November 14, 2022, 10:29:20 am »
Congrats to Beau for his 2fer.  You ought to keep the rope bridge up for a novelty shoot at the Classic.  :o
 Even though I don't comment much I do enjoy your Monday morning "Life is Good" posts.
Life is in fact GOOD!!!   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19192 on: November 14, 2022, 01:09:24 pm »
Scout bridge is way cool! Always enjoy your posts. Thank You.
brian

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19193 on: November 15, 2022, 08:06:26 am »
That would be cool , but as normal for them they clean up everything before they leave and leave the place like they have never been there. They are coming to the Classic this year to help with parking and get in their community service time and if I can think of a spot that ant filled up :-\ I may have them put one up. Got both of Beau's deer all boned out and ready to cut and package and also his head cleaned and ready to do a euro mount. I also saved both hides and have 1 fleshed and ready to rack up, I plan on fleshing the other one today. I want to hunt but seems I always have to much that has to be done this time of year. ??? If I can get all this stuff caught up I plan on hunting Thursday and Friday before the big guns come out Saturday morning. The Bucks are really rocking on my place right now, seen 5 yesterday just coming in and out and chasing does our just moving through like on a mission. I don't really like this time of year because it is tough to get a shot the way they move and chase but it is exciting to see Bucks that you haven't seen before and may never see again once it is over.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19194 on: November 16, 2022, 05:04:11 am »
Got my hides a fleshed and racked and meat draining and ready to be cut up and packaged so I am headed back to the woods this morning, the weather is beautiful and been seeing a lot of deer on the farm coming in and out. Never know this time of year but if you happen to pick the right stand for the day it can be very exciting !!!!!
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #19195 on: November 16, 2022, 08:15:21 am »
Our bow season ends this Friday.  It has been very uneventful with the warm temps all fall and the lack of rain.  We had the lowest bow take in years.  Our rifle season starts this Saturday as well.  We are slated to get a big storm off of Lake Erie.  It is expected to drop up to 3 feet of snow.  It should make things very interesting.  Getting out the snow shoes and the beaver hat.

Good luck and be safe.
Glenn

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19196 on: November 17, 2022, 07:20:49 am »
Hope you pick the right stand Pappy and maybe even have one of those big bucks slow down enough to give you a good shot

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19197 on: November 20, 2022, 04:55:01 pm »
Guess I picked the right one BJ, not a big one but big enough for me. Had a great few days, mostly by myself Thursday and Friday and even though I like having all my buddies around their is something to be said for me time. I got all my hide fleshed and racked except 1.Got Beau's 2 deer worked up and ready to package and his head Euro mounted, also worked in time to kill a deer.  ;) :) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19198 on: November 20, 2022, 04:56:43 pm »
Hides in the rack , now the work begins getting them scrapped.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19199 on: November 20, 2022, 04:58:26 pm »
A good fire was in order every nigh and of course a good supper of fresh venison and fixings.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good