Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609429 times)

Pappy and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19200 on: November 20, 2022, 05:01:09 pm »
Getting lots of deer legs to skin also. Got 6 hides in the rack and a peaceful night watching the Titans at Green Bay. My fish tank is taking a beating with this cold weather but seems the fish like it OK. ???

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19201 on: November 20, 2022, 05:02:20 pm »
Hides look great!
Fire looks good also.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19202 on: November 20, 2022, 05:05:53 pm »
Thursday morning was a good crisp clear morning and this guy came in to about 8 yards at 7:15. I made a very good shot and he ran about 50 yards. 120 lb. 5 point, just what I needed for the TwinOaks grand slam, now all I need to fill the board is a 4 point, guess that will have to wait till next year.  ;) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is very good.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19203 on: November 21, 2022, 03:29:54 am »
Good job on the Buck Pappy! Thanks as always  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19204 on: November 21, 2022, 06:51:18 am »
Glad you picked the right stand Pappy

I really appreciate my alone time too. And my time with friends

Looks like another fine weekend

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19205 on: November 22, 2022, 08:13:08 am »
Thanks guys, now to get the meat cut and wrapped today and the hide in the rack, I got the hide fleshed yesterday but the cold ran me inside, supposed to be warmer today so hope to get that done. Planning on hunting again Thanks Giving morning, it is kind of a tradition for us, then take a few days to get my hides scrapped, I will get back after the does later in the season once the rut settles down a bit and they get back to doing what they do no molested by bucks.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19206 on: November 22, 2022, 01:26:41 pm »
Good stuff, pappy.  I had to put my hides in the freezer until spring.  It's way to cold to work outside, and they make too much of a mess in the garage!  Ain't it great having a freezer full of meat?
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19207 on: November 23, 2022, 07:57:12 am »
Ya WB I use to do that but it is so easy to procrastinate when they are in the freezer, I had about 10 a few years back and decided to get them all out and work them at least to rawhide, it took a month , some were freezer burned and that even takes longer to get them scrapped although don't seem to hurt the hide much. When I finished them up I swore I wasn't going to freeze anymore, so I do them when I skin them or not at all. This cold dry weather works well for getting them to rawhide and after that I just roll them up and can tan anytime, puls fleshing and scrapping will keep you pretty darn warm.  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19208 on: November 24, 2022, 05:42:18 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to all, headed to the woods as it is a Tradition for me, hunt till late morning and then come home to the smell of Turkey cooking, love it.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19209 on: November 24, 2022, 08:51:48 am »
Good luck Pappy!  Happy Thanksgiving
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19210 on: November 24, 2022, 10:10:35 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to all.  :G   -C-
 Good look in the deer woods Pappy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19211 on: November 24, 2022, 02:18:30 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving, Pappy and congratulations on the five point!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19212 on: November 25, 2022, 08:04:42 am »
Thanks guys, it was a good day, no deer shot but some seen and then the rest of the day with just me and Miss Joanie, kids were at the in laws this year, the swap every other year with Thanksgiving and Christmas, guess just the price we pay for married kids.It's OK Miss Joanie do just fine with just the 2 of us. ;) :) :) Headed to the cabin this morning to put on my jerky /help process a friends deer and maybe work on some hides, then some hunting this evening and tomorrow. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19213 on: November 27, 2022, 04:44:56 pm »
Great weekend, no deer but never seen as many Turkey, they were everywhere  , seen at least 50 in 2 groups while on the stand, 2 bearded hens and several Jake's and 1 year old birds and a group of 5 longs beards, non hunting them now and that's a good thing for them because they were all over me for 2 1/2 hours. Spent the rest of the weekend working on hides until the rain came in and working up deer meat for a couple of friends. I did manage to get a few more deer legs skinned out and about 5 1/2 lbs of jerky made up and packaged, so a productive weekend. Not sure what I am going to do with the deer legs but after getting them tanned I will come up with something. ;) :) 1 of 7 hides in the rack scraped and into rawhide, got a lot of work ahead to get the others.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19214 on: November 27, 2022, 04:49:23 pm »
Jerkey all finished . A good friend and member of the club , Mark Ellis killed a nice 8 point Thursday morning with his Osage selfbow /po cedar arrow with Ace 160 head, not many around here still bow hunting after big gun opened, very happy to see it is still at it.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good