Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609837 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19215 on: November 27, 2022, 04:52:31 pm »
Shawn giving Mark a lesson on skinning and cleaning the head for a Euro mount. That's about it for the weekend. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19216 on: November 28, 2022, 03:06:36 am »
Those Deer legs, might make Good Knife Sheaths. Thanks as always Pappy!  (=) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19217 on: November 28, 2022, 07:41:07 am »
Good idea Bob, never thought about that. Thanks. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19218 on: December 01, 2022, 05:28:39 am »
Headed to the farm for a few day to do a little hunting and some shop time, doe only now for me so I will see what i can do. Hope yall have a great weekend also. :)
 Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19219 on: December 04, 2022, 04:51:05 pm »
Had a great few days hunting, mostly by myself again, spent a lot of time in the woods and the shop. Didn't see a deer from the stand but I will say I am Blessed with Turkey, seen as many as 55 in different spots through the week, they were everywhere.  :) Didn't kill any deer with my bow but did hit 1 on the way in Thursday morning, no damage to the old dodge but sure didn't do the deer any good. I went back and got him and salvaged what i could, it was kind of a mess but waste not want not i always say. ;) I
got 12 lbs of burger/shoulders and back strap/brains and a few other supplies so he didn't go to wast. ;) I spent some time in the shop on another file knife and refurbished an old meat fork, so time well spent. The knife was from an old Simmons file USA, and the meat fork was gifted me by a good friend, the handle was bad an all rusted up.I never really saw one like this before and just thought it was cool and worthy of repair.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19220 on: December 04, 2022, 04:53:18 pm »
Deer leg bone for the fork handle and deer antler for the knife, the blade after working the edge and heat treating and the handle ready to get fitted to the blade. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19221 on: December 04, 2022, 04:55:32 pm »
Cow horn for the end of the knife handle, pinned with a brass pin, blade tempered and fork and knife ready to assemble.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 05:11:28 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19222 on: December 04, 2022, 04:58:06 pm »
Knife assembled and ready to finish. Then to the road kill, didn't take long to get him worked up and in the packages. Didn't gut him, just worked the hide off and salvaged what i could.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19223 on: December 04, 2022, 05:01:50 pm »
Knife and fork finished, of course I had to make lanyard for the fork a stand for the knife, deer horn shed and cow horn stop on splatted maple stand. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19224 on: December 04, 2022, 05:03:54 pm »
That's it for the week, good time for sure, maybe the deer will be moving better this coming week, we will see. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19225 on: December 05, 2022, 04:16:41 am »
I'm liking Your Knife stands, might have to copy one or two. Hope You don't have Pattent Rites on that design  >:D ! Thanks as always Pappy  (=) - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19226 on: December 05, 2022, 07:31:43 am »
Nope, go for it Bob.  ;) :) :) I do very little leather work so stands have become my thing.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19227 on: December 07, 2022, 08:07:55 am »
Rain Rain and more rain, but I am not going to complain , we really need it, been a very dry year. So I will spend my time with some cabin maintenance, something I have been putting off for a while, new bathroom and kitchen faucets , I have a lot of weak suits but plumbing is at the top of the list so wish me luck, ???  I can't even put in a sink trap without a leak so we will see how this goes. :) I think the rain is going to be out of here by the weekend so i can get back in the woods where at least I half way know what I am doing.  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19228 on: December 08, 2022, 06:14:07 am »
I’d help you Pappy but I’m way behind already on jobs that need to be done around the house.

Good luck with your plumbing job. First thing I usually do is fill up my gas tank for the four or five trips it usually takes to the hardware store.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19229 on: December 08, 2022, 07:46:15 am »
I hear ya BJ, after 3 trips to Lowe's I got it done, bathroom and kitchen all leak few as of now. ??? Hope this was all the plumbing I will have to do for a while, I am much more comfortable in the shop working on knives or bows. ;) Looks like more rain today through Friday morning , maybe I can get back in the wood by Friday evening, may try a late morning hunt tomorrow :-\ that seemed to work pretty good for Beau the last time we hunted together , he killed one at 10:55 and another at 11:30. ;) :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good