Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609156 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19320 on: February 06, 2023, 08:11:15 am »
Ya Bob, Osage is King and Yew is Queen, ;) :) it makes a snappy bow but to unpredictable for me , some love it but for me I prefer Osage. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19321 on: February 10, 2023, 09:34:39 am »
Well here I set on Friday morning wishing I was at the cabin  :( Had some pretty tough ear surgery yesterday , turned into a lot more than the doctor or myself though it would be, good news is he thinks he got all the growth and hearing and ear should be fine in a couple of months, at least with my hearing aids. Had a kind of rough night but feeling much better today, just not supposed to drive or get out in the wind and wet so here I set  ;) :) :) :) Hope yall have a good weekend, I hope to be back out and about by middle of this coming week if all keeps going well, anyway as usual Life is Good  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19322 on: February 10, 2023, 06:17:16 pm »
Wishing you a quick recovery, Pappy. I hope it all works out well for you.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19323 on: February 10, 2023, 09:11:42 pm »
Pappy,
Wishing you a quick recovery. I think your cabin is as important to you as mine is to me and I hope you get back to yours real soon.
Take care, Brian

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19324 on: February 11, 2023, 02:59:11 am »
Wishing You a speedy recovery Pappy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19325 on: February 11, 2023, 07:24:22 am »
Take it easy and rest up Pappy.  You need to be back to 100% for the classic.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19326 on: February 11, 2023, 08:14:22 am »
Thanks guys and I hear ya Clint, doing better today, still got a head ache but over all way better than Thursday evening, ;) a few more days and i should be out and about,still not supposed to drive so I feel like a bird with it's wings clipped  :) I am Blessed to have good friends that are looking after the place, letting the girls out to run and feeding my fish. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19327 on: February 13, 2023, 08:20:19 am »
Got the go ahead to drive so headed to the cabin this morning, haven't been there since Wed. of last week so really looking forward to getting out, not supposed to lift over 5 lbs so will have to take it easy but am sure I can find something to do that don't require any heavy lifting, can't wait to see the girls, they have been cared for but I know they miss me as I do them.  ;) Hope yall have a Blessed week. Life is Good as always. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19328 on: February 17, 2023, 08:09:48 am »
We got a big wood cutting and also cleaning out the thicket above the camp ground to make more room for tent campers, looks like the weather is going to be good now that the storms have passed so should be a good day. I am still on very light duty so I will do what i do best, over see and advise  ;) :) :) :) :) Got a few things in the shop that don't require any heavy lifting so I am sure i will stay busy. Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19329 on: February 17, 2023, 11:55:03 am »
Glad you are doing better Pappy. I bet your girls were really excited to see you again. Nice to have someone who can look after them but they always seem to have a special attachment to their masters.

I can’t imagine being away from ours that long. They go crazy every time I come home. My wife says they sit and wait for me. If I’m working late past their bedtimes they sit and whine.

Bjrogg

PS my daughter say I have a way with dogs and older ladies at the nursing home.lol
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19330 on: February 17, 2023, 07:45:08 pm »
Ya doing ok BJ, just came in and cooking some supper,  venison and taters, ear seems to be holding up so we will see what tomorrow holds. Night guys 😉 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

John b iowa

« Reply #19331 on: February 17, 2023, 09:06:18 pm »
Hi pappy this is Iowabow. I could not log into my old account so I created this one. Just an undated here, I spent the last couple years learning to fly and yes I am still knappin and making bows. Big news for all my Friend on the forum that might remembers my son Isaac, well he is an ROTC cadet that is has now a pilots slot for the USAF and has completed his medical. Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on in here. Jackcrafty was checking into trying to get my Iowabow account back if you could help with that it would be great!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19332 on: February 18, 2023, 09:46:35 pm »
Good to see you back John and great news about Isaac.

Pappy Glad they got you fixed up and you're healing, hoping to see you at Buck Hollow Shoot.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19333 on: February 19, 2023, 05:59:43 pm »
Great to hear from you John, Marie is supposed to be working on it, I thought it was a done deal but will check. Great news about Isaac, I know you are very proud of him as we all are. Thanks Eddie, yes I plan on being there, can't shoot but coming to visit, probably Saturday. Rocky and Kevin are coming in Wednesday and want me to go to the SCI convention in Nashville with them, not sure if I am going our not, depending on how I am feeling but they are staying at the cabin so I know it will be fun either way. Had a great weekend at the farm, got a few things done in the shop but mostly getting stuff done for the Classic. Got all the wood cut/split and stacked we will need for the year and also cleaned out another area for camping, beautiful spot that will hold 20/25 tent camps.I think people will like the area a lot. After seeing Ed's turkey leg knives I was inspired to try a couple for myself. Worked up 2 blades from a couple of old US files and started to put them together. Always wondered what to do with them and that was a great idea Ed. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19334 on: February 19, 2023, 06:02:35 pm »
Finished up another knife I had in the works from before i had surgery, turned out pretty good. Also started on the feathers for the arrows for the Classic awards,takes about 120 feathers so pretty big job that I don't like to put off. Got the blades heat treated and tempered and the handles roughed out for my Turkey leg knives. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good