Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609678 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19485 on: May 18, 2023, 08:03:10 am »
Ya missed you Bob for sure,the napping pit just wasn't the same, we did have a bunch from Pennsylvania and several conversations about you.  >:D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19486 on: May 21, 2023, 06:48:38 pm »
Great weekend, it rained most of Friday and Saturday So spent some time in the shop getting some projects started, then Saturday evening after the club meeting and taking down the range from the Classic, took all evening to do that, ??? we had 140 targets in the woods but got them all out and back in the target shed, that was the last of the clean up so almost back to normal around here. :) :) Over the year I always get my arrows in a mess and have a few sets that need to be set up so I took time to tune 2 sets of new arrows and check and tune 4 more sets for the 6 or 7 bows I shoot and hunt with the most. A very good job to do when you are by yourself as I was on Friday. Now if I will just keep them straight which I probably won't.  :-\ ;) :) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:02:44 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19487 on: May 21, 2023, 06:55:44 pm »
I have a special spot in my shop for arrow work with all I need handy to do the job. :) I softened and roughed out 3 more file knives, small/med. and large. :) I also started a Turkey toe necklace . Mr Maguire (Osage guy from east TN.)use to make these and I always wanted to, so no time like the present.  ;) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19488 on: May 21, 2023, 06:58:00 pm »
Got some Turkey legs cleaned up and ready to make handle from them at some point, Also got a 59 inch Osage bow floor tillered and put on the R/D form, came off nice and got it to full brace, ready to finish tillering. Busy couple of days. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 07:04:49 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19489 on: May 21, 2023, 07:00:45 pm »
After a long hard day Saturday pulling targets I went in to a venison back strap and tater meal and then sleep like a baby. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19490 on: May 21, 2023, 10:27:31 pm »
That's a nice looking bow!  And even nicer looking backstraps!
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19491 on: May 22, 2023, 02:53:15 am »
Like the profile of the Osage Bow ! Glad to hear things are back to normal  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #19492 on: May 22, 2023, 09:53:55 am »
Glad to hear you had a great turnout for the Classic, I really want to make it some time. Always love the updates on here, looks like a great place to spend time!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19493 on: May 22, 2023, 01:19:53 pm »
Like Uncle Bob said it's good to be back to normal.  :OK
 Now, the countdown has begun for the 25th Tenn. Classic.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19494 on: May 23, 2023, 07:29:33 am »
26th Pat but who is counting  ;) :) time really get away, seems like yesterday we did #1. Things are getting back to normal for me.Got several little projects going in the shop and the girls are liking being out again. ;) Sister is doing well from the surgery , just call her old 3 toes now  :) and Sally is just getting old and slowing down a bit, except when I fire up the Kobota then she is like a young pup. :) Bob the bow is looking good right now, I like straight limb bows but for the shorter ones I am really drawn to the r/d profile for some reason. Hope to get it shooting in a few days.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 07:15:00 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19495 on: May 26, 2023, 07:21:57 am »
Heading to the cabin this morning for a few days, things are pretty much back to normal so plan on getting some shop work done, gold is to get my latest bow tillered, 3 knife blades heat treated and tempered and handles on and also scrape my last hide in the rack and maybe start some brain tanning, got a couple of new guys I am helping with bows right now so we will see how my stuff comes along :-\ either way looking forward to spending some time in the shop and around the fire with no pressure to get anything done.  ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.  ;)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19496 on: May 28, 2023, 05:50:34 pm »
What a great weekend, it was beautiful weather to boot, didn't think I would get the projects I had going done but managed to also help with a couple of new bow builders and shoot the practice range also, busy but fun, the weekend just flew by. GregB showed up and also Bucky to work on bows, I lent a hand where needed while working on my 3 knives. Of course Greg needs no help but Bucky you got to keep a close eye on him. Between Greg and I we keep him on the right track.  ;) :) Bucky was working on a really wonky stave with dips and dives and was a challenge to tiller.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19497 on: May 28, 2023, 05:54:44 pm »
I got my r/d flex bow tillered to 53@26, prefect for my trip out west. ;) got my blades heat treated and helped in the shop while they were in the oven getting tempered.  :) Bob showed up to work on his second bow, even got his wife to lend him a hand taking the bark and sap wood off. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 06:19:55 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19498 on: May 28, 2023, 05:57:52 pm »
Got my 3 knife handles fitted and glued up, ready to sand and finish and make some stands. GregB ask if i would put his bow on the r/d form he like the way mine turned out so well, of course I can't say no to him. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19499 on: May 28, 2023, 06:02:06 pm »
Sister is doing well and getting around great with 3 toes. ;) :) The middle of the day was prefect weather to do some hide work so I scrapped and sanded my last hide for the year, good size hide, a nice little buck I killed in late November. Glad to be done scrapping for this year, now for some tanning. Long day for sure but a back strap and tatter supper capped it of nicely. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 06:21:32 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good