Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4648221 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1650 on: June 02, 2008, 06:12:08 am »
My new neck knife,I mad a couple but liked this the best.The pouch is off a Howard Hill
quiver I got at Cloverdale 21 years ago,it work prefect for the little knife.Hope yall had
a good one also.Life is good.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1651 on: June 02, 2008, 08:46:59 am »
Wow! Lot's of pictures - too much going on all the time :). Jesse's really got that rock down - some fine knives and points. Like them neck knives too, cool idea with the broadheads!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Ranger B

« Reply #1652 on: June 02, 2008, 08:57:16 am »
Looks like that little valley was producing wood chips, rock flakes and good times all weekend!!!   I'm down in south Louisana and it was 95 degrees yesterday.   All I've had to remind me of the great outdoors was two young fox cubs running down the road a couple of days ago.  Of course they have the standard road kill...armadillos everywhere.   Hope to get back in a few weeks but this weekend I'm out of State yet again.  As we get closer to heading  out to Afghanistan the schedule continues to get busier and busier.  White space on the calendar seems to be our enemy...a void that must be filled.  

Honestly, it makes me smile when I give pause to think that no matter where I am on the planet or what I'm doing, at any given time on a weekend friends are gathered at Pappy's place and having a good time enjoying the passions that drive them.  Yes, my friend life IS good and America is Great.

Ranger B

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1653 on: June 02, 2008, 09:20:16 am »
Yeah Cowboy, I think Jesse is getting back into form again after returning from Iraq and a lack of knapping. This last knife of his turned out really nice!

Jimmy, we owe a huge thanks to all those in uniform and veterans from the past that allow us our "Life is Good" times!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1654 on: June 02, 2008, 09:23:34 am »
A MAN  Greg. :) :) People that don't think it is good ,just don't know. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #1655 on: June 02, 2008, 09:51:58 am »
Dang Pappy, you guys have to much fun..... ::)
Wish I were closer...then I would get nothing done at home.....lol... :D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1656 on: June 02, 2008, 12:41:04 pm »
I hear ya Ryan,wished you was closer also,I have to hustle  up all week just to be able to play on the weekend,but I wouldn't have it any other way. ;) :) This was busier than normal,I was plum worn out Sat. night.Just got over the week with you and right back at it again.I.m getting to old for this stuff,just can't seem to sit around when I am down there. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1657 on: June 02, 2008, 02:10:28 pm »
This was busier than normal,I was plum worn out Sat. night.Just got over the week with you and right back at it again.I.m getting to old for this stuff,just can't seem to sit around when I am down there.

Yeah...and we still haven't cut a hickory for next years Classic yet! :)
Greg

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #1658 on: June 02, 2008, 09:41:45 pm »
Pappy.....You tell Jesse that He did that Cholla Cactus I sent Him justice on that Knife....looks really nice
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1659 on: June 02, 2008, 10:20:42 pm »
I didn't realize that Jesse had been in the desert - my hats off to you Jesse ;). Now Ya'll are gonna pay the price for giving away all those Hickory staves - gotta stock back up for next year ;D.
 Greg: Did you get a handle put on that point? Just wondering, bet if ya needed a proper knife blade - me or Jesse could whoop ya one out ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1660 on: June 02, 2008, 11:14:40 pm »
  Jimmy, you be carefull over there. My best friends there right now and the son just informed us he is planning on going back over with a contractor. It'll be his third trip there, but he's like Dad.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Ranger B

« Reply #1661 on: June 03, 2008, 12:03:35 am »
thanks Dana.  We're trying to work ourselves out of a job over there as best as we can.
Jimmy

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1662 on: June 03, 2008, 05:52:35 am »
Ya Greg as soon as we get back from Cloverdale and our deal in Ashland city we need to find some more trees,to much to do and to little time,I still haven't got my stands out yet,man it will be time to put them back in in a short time.El Destructo I got one of the handles also,very cool.Thanks.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #1663 on: June 03, 2008, 08:33:03 am »
Hey Pappy....anytime....if you think of something that I may be able to get here.......in "Gods Frying Pan".........you just ask....OK?  It was 106 yesterday...and we are expecting at least that and more .....for the Rest of the Week.....Man I need to start looking for Retirement Property....where it rains and the weather stays under a Hundred for at least a week during the Summer!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1664 on: June 03, 2008, 08:34:18 am »
Greg: Did you get a handle put on that point? Just wondering, bet if ya needed a proper knife blade - me or Jesse could whoop ya one out

Cowboy, Leapingbare had given me a point/knife before the Classic. I decided to put a handle on his first and then yours. We were busy over the weekend helping John Thomas and Stacey lay out and work on some bows, so we didn't spend much time on our stuff. I did get the handle put on Leapingbares point last night, but still have a lot of shaping to do to the handle before it's finished. Yours will be next...I've been thinking about a curved handle of osage going opposite of the knife edge radius on your point. I'll finish them and post them at the same time. ;) I'm also reworking on my hhb bow, have the tips restained now and will probably start sealing it this afternoon. Also working on finishing a bow for someone that for the time being will remain unnamed. ;D

I definitely wouldn't turn down a knife blade I could adorn with a set of osage handles I did myself. ;D
Greg