Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4630350 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1665 on: June 03, 2008, 08:57:10 am »
This stuff kinda gains on ya after awhile don't it ;D. I've got two hick bows to build now in trade for favors (sinew, and wood) and a set of primitive arra's to boot. Need to get some huntin arra's made for myself, and finish that short osage recurve to hunt with this season. Points to knap - got some trades goin on there too :P. Man - at some point I gotta go fishin too ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1666 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:02 am »
thanks Dana.  We're trying to work ourselves out of a job over there as best as we can.
Jimmy

Ya mean eddie :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #1667 on: June 03, 2008, 03:48:38 pm »
 Yep i was in the sandbox from Oct 06 - Oct 07 ,   and i go to Afghanistan in Oct 08.
 I don't mind to much only this time Fu#$ customs i am ganna flint nap somewere over there.
  El Destructo thanks, and i still got that larger piece of alibites you sent me, i ganna make a blade outa it for ya, ifin i don't brake it. I'm still workin on gettin my hands on some HHB don't know if thats ganna work out or not, but i'll let you know.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #1668 on: June 03, 2008, 09:12:04 pm »
Well Jesse....I have a little more Rock for you....so just take your time on that piece and maybe it will make a Blade!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1669 on: June 04, 2008, 07:03:50 am »
Ya he is working on me,that stuff is hard to come by,at least a good piece.We will sure miss him
and Jimmy [RangerB] come this fall and winter,we will keep the fire going for them. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #1670 on: June 04, 2008, 08:10:59 am »
Ya he is working on me,that stuff is hard to come by,at least a good piece.We will sure miss him
and Jimmy [RangerB] come this fall and winter,we will keep the fire going for them. :)
   Pappy

Pappy....Tell Jesse....don't worry about the HHB...I can get some from Dana...or maybe cut some Myself when I go back to Da UP...eyh!! I am always looking for some kind of Stave that I cant get here..didn't have to be Hornbeam though!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1671 on: June 04, 2008, 08:16:18 am »
I've got a few pieces of HHB, hard to find a straight one though,  just cut some serviceberry, have some white and yeller birch.
Have to remind Greg about that yeller birch stave I brought him. Friday for me Pappy ;D Of course I don't have a setup like you
but the son is home on leave and I get to spend some time with him ;D Life is Good eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #1672 on: June 04, 2008, 08:35:17 am »
You tell Kyle ....Hello from dis Yooper to eyh.....and keep yer earss open on where da Salmon are bitin.........cause if I git ta cum Home fer da Turny....I wanna good advantage !!!! Dont worry bout da Wood...I will survive!!! I already got more in da Grodge dan der is in da Panhandle.........now ders a mout full a Yoopaneese!!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1673 on: June 04, 2008, 08:40:24 am »
Have to remind Greg about that yeller birch stave I brought him.
You're right Dana...Ryan brought us a elm log in 07, and we haven't been able to find it. I'm sure it's around somewhere... ???

To many senior moments here lately and it's only goin' get worse I'm afraid. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #1674 on: June 04, 2008, 10:50:10 am »
Speaking of that Greg, are doing anything with that toasted stick of hhb I left you this year?  ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1675 on: June 04, 2008, 10:55:17 am »
You need to start leaving it to me Ryan,I'll do something with it.Greg likes to look at it and rub
on it,I have seen him doing that a lot with that piece. ;) ;D ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1676 on: June 04, 2008, 01:41:57 pm »
Yeah, I get my kicks by rubbing on wood! ;D Don't tell my wife! :o

Ryan, I've got it on the back burner right now. I've reworked my hhb and am resealing it now. The lower limb got weak on me. I'm also working on finishing another bow for an "un-named' individual. ;) I've also got side-tracked a little with some knife handles from osage, and cane for arrows, and helping couple of other guys laying out their bows and recurving tips, and well...you get the idea. :)

I've still got to tweak the one tip that is out of line on the hhb first. The belly has a little check in it where I think you recurved it or tried to straighten that tip. It shouldn't be a show stopper though I don't think. I'll be working on it in the next month or so. ;)
Greg

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1677 on: June 04, 2008, 06:51:16 pm »
Wow, Greg your one buys bee! I'm lucky if I even get a bow built a year. How you able to accomplish so much?
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1678 on: June 05, 2008, 08:43:15 am »
David,
Pappy is the busy one, he's down to the club probably 5 days a week working on something.

You got a lot accomplished this year at the Classic...work on it a little at a time if that's all you can, but keep working on your bows and you'll be surprised what you get accomplished. ;)
Greg

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #1679 on: June 05, 2008, 10:39:57 am »
I had one of the gate guards here on ft. Campbell try to buy my sinew Osage recurve this morning, he said "son I'll give ya $100 bucks for dat ther bow ifin it shoots" i told him thanks but no thanks  :)
Mililani Hawaii