Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632817 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1755 on: June 23, 2008, 08:11:01 am »
Ya Hawk I update this every Monday,you are on a lot at least while you are down.Tell Maw
to check out that tent,little bigger than the last one she saw me in.By the way TwinOaks
has a new web site,I just looked at it and you and maw are on it also under Tn. Classic.
Go to twinoaksbowhunters.com It is new and just getting it up and going but we are proud of it
and plan to keep it updated as time goes on,we ant selling anything there just for those that are interested to keep up with things going on with the Club.Hope to see yall soon.Are you going
to Elm Hall Mic. shoot the first of August ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #1756 on: June 23, 2008, 10:33:38 am »
Hey Pappy,  just checked out the site it's very nice.  great job to who ever did it.
you guyes are some high tech rednecks!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1757 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:52 am »
Glad you liked it Bear,we had been wanting one for several years and finely came up with a guy who set up the one for TTAS that gave us a good deal and knows how to do it.I thought it was pretty cool for a start. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #1758 on: June 23, 2008, 10:51:40 pm »
Pappy, checked out the twin oaks web sight, I LIKE IT. Maw checked out your tent, she said that that some Arab Sheiks don't have digs like that. I really missed not being at Cloverdale and seeing the gang, but me and Maw did get a chance to go to Compton and met a few folks that were at Cloverdale, especially Wallie from England, I also saw his picture on your thread, he said that he had a great time with  you all, He liked the music especially. Remember Ryno's bow that I got at the Classic and got Bryan Fergerson to sign? well I got Marc St.Charles, Ken Beck and Fred Asbell to sign It, it only needs one more signature, Mark "Pappy" Baggett Tennessee Classic 08. Maw and me has to baby sit her mom the first of August so her brother can go on an planned vacation, next year our calender will be much better.  Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1759 on: June 24, 2008, 06:17:35 am »
Sorry you can't make it to Elmhall but I understand,we will catch yall in the spring. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1760 on: June 24, 2008, 08:34:20 am »
Remember Ryno's bow that I got at the Classic and got Bryan Fergerson to sign? well I got Marc St.Charles, Ken Beck and Fred Asbell to sign It, it only needs one more signature, Mark "Pappy" Baggett Tennessee Classic 08.

Saving the most famous for last, eh!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #1761 on: June 24, 2008, 09:05:00 am »
Greg, The Tennessee Classic is the Bench Mark for me, Others might be larger with more vendors and etc, and yes fun also, but they don't have that Magic that says I want more and being accepted as part of the Twin Oaks family... Oh yea it's was either Pappy's sign the Ryno bow or Hanna's paw print (it was a toss up).

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #1762 on: June 24, 2008, 09:19:56 am »
Pappy, Maw said that I could go to Elmhall and that I probably could survive without her, soooo I could use a little more info, is there a web sight I could go to for information? Chuck

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1763 on: June 24, 2008, 10:21:19 am »
Not that I know of but I will try and get you some info. All I know is it is the 19th annual stickbow shoot in ElmHall Mic. Great shoot and lots of fun ,shooting and eating.It is the 1/2/3 of August.I
will see what I can come up with.Also if this helps it is at the[ Pine River Recreation Club] in Elm Hall.
I think ElmHall has 1 store,1 Bar and the smallest US Post office in the world at least that is what the sign says. :) Hope you can make it wished Maw could also. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #1764 on: June 24, 2008, 01:59:52 pm »
Pappy:  It caught me off guard to see a pan full of preforms mixed in with you pictures of food.  At first I thought they some type of fillets  :'(.  You latter said that Jesse had good luck with the rocks.  Can you share with us a little bit about how he treats his rocks?  Thanks

Mike 
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1765 on: June 24, 2008, 02:06:58 pm »
Pappy:  It caught me off guard to see a pan full of preforms mixed in with you pictures of food.  At first I thought they some type of fillets  :'(.  You latter said that Jesse had good luck with the rocks.  Can you share with us a little bit about how he treats his rocks?  Thanks

Mike 

Mike when I was at Pappy's Jesse was making hot shrapnel in the campfire >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1766 on: June 24, 2008, 02:22:44 pm »
Yep! One of the more memorable moments at the Classic.  ;)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #1767 on: June 24, 2008, 04:47:56 pm »
Dang, I missed the Thunderchert contest AND the pyrotechnics!?!?  ???  I feel deprived  :'(

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #1768 on: June 24, 2008, 05:03:17 pm »
Mike i am new at heat treating rock, i have tyred it a few times with mixed results, i have tyred it in the ground with sand over it and a fire, i tyred it in pappys campfire once.... and i have tyred it in the oven a few times.. seems the oven has more constant results. only ovens only go up to 550 degrees and some like needs 600-750 degrees to show a change, the Kansas stuff i cooked terned out nice but the buffalo river chert had very little change i dont think it got hot enough. I've been researching cooking rock on the internet and i found a webpage with a bunch of different nappers talking about heat treating a bunch of different rock and the way they did it and how hot they got it. Hope this helps.                   Jesse.

http://www.geocities.com/knappersanonymous/heat.html
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #1769 on: June 24, 2008, 06:25:17 pm »
Informative Site.  The only part that bothers me is the "DON'T PEEK: flakes that suddenly cool down can break or explode catastrophically." part.  This might best be done outside.   :'(

Thanks

Mike