Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632433 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #1905 on: July 21, 2008, 06:05:40 pm »
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #1906 on: July 21, 2008, 06:07:54 pm »
well thats not right.  I guess it will have to do.  Mark I couldnt find that tape we talked about.  Maybe Dan has one

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1907 on: July 22, 2008, 05:35:04 am »
Great pictures,glad yall had a good time,I know I did. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1908 on: July 22, 2008, 11:03:07 am »
Great time's had by all looks like again :). Them cane arra's look good guys, reminds me I've got some to get built for a certain princess we all know ::), it never ends ;D. Bear, I hope that peice of bodark works out for ya - looks like it's coming right along.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #1909 on: July 22, 2008, 01:59:52 pm »
The Bear gettin' PRIMITIVE... I love it! Before you know it, that old Black Widow will be collecting dust... ;)

I have to agree with Brother Dan, I have never seen that many pics of Bear in a row without a can in hand. He must have had an agenda! ;D
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline BearG

« Reply #1910 on: July 22, 2008, 03:24:28 pm »
Great time's had by all looks like again :). Them cane arra's look good guys, reminds me I've got some to get built for a certain princess we all know ::), it never ends ;D. Bear, I hope that peice of bodark works out for ya - looks like it's coming right along.
I got Pappy to thank for that! 
and thanks again for the wood ;D

Offline BearG

« Reply #1911 on: July 22, 2008, 03:25:40 pm »
The Bear gettin' PRIMITIVE... I love it! Before you know it, that old Black Widow will be collecting dust... ;)

I have to agree with Brother Dan, I have never seen that many pics of Bear in a row without a can in hand. He must have had an agenda! ;D
Dont believe I could ever set down the widow alltogeether

Offline John K

« Reply #1912 on: July 22, 2008, 05:48:12 pm »
Looks like another great weekend for you southern boys.....Pappy how do you like working with that IW  ???
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1913 on: July 23, 2008, 06:01:11 am »
I like it a lot John,it may not be as good as Osage but pretty close in my opinion. I have it
almost done finely,it will get the last coat of sealer tonight ,then just a few touch ups and it will be ready for the woods. Yes it was a big time,Chad I kept Bear focused all weekend ,even got him to shoot the course with his selfbow. ;) and he done good. :) One thing that helped him was his beautiful wife was keeping an eye on him also. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1914 on: July 23, 2008, 08:46:11 am »
Yeah, I can't remember Bear ever going at it as hard as he did last weekend. I think he really learned a lot about chasing a grain...was doing a fine job of it.

My brother came down and spent some time shooting, and we both enjoyed our conversation with Bear's wife while watching Bear work! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #1915 on: July 23, 2008, 11:19:17 am »
Yeah, my wife tends to keep me on task, too....  She went with me to a shoot a few weeks ago for the first time, and after seeing how much the laminated bows cost( :o), she has been much more understanding about me scraping out bows in the backyard... ;D
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline John K

« Reply #1916 on: July 23, 2008, 11:56:06 am »
I like it a lot John,it may not be as good as Osage but pretty close in my opinion.

Thanks Pappy ! I have a couple pieces drying and was just wondering how tuff this stuff is, i guess they don't call it Iron Wood for nothing  ::)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline BearG

« Reply #1917 on: July 23, 2008, 01:05:53 pm »
Yeah, I can't remember Bear ever going at it as hard as he did last weekend. I think he really learned a lot about chasing a grain...was doing a fine job of it.

My brother came down and spent some time shooting, and we both enjoyed our conversation with Bear's wife while watching Bear work! ;)
Greg thanks aigain for all your help.  Dawn really enjoyed herself.  All that scraping sure did cut into the drinking.  But I sure did enjoy learning more about it.  Kinda wish I'd finished chasing the next ring,  but hand and mind where done. :-\

Offline BearG

« Reply #1918 on: July 23, 2008, 01:09:20 pm »
I like it a lot John,it may not be as good as Osage but pretty close in my opinion. I have it
almost done finely,it will get the last coat of sealer tonight ,then just a few touch ups and it will be ready for the woods. Yes it was a big time,Chad I kept Bear focused all weekend ,even got him to shoot the course with his selfbow. ;) and he done good. :) One thing that helped him was his beautiful wife was keeping an eye on him also. ;D
   Pappy
Pappy,  your help on the range was great,  I'm going to shot that bow alot before hunting season.  And hopefully stop torquing the string.
maybe I'll hunt some with it. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1919 on: July 25, 2008, 05:51:49 am »
Friday again, Headed to the cabin as soon as I get off,Ant got much planed,I do need to do some bushhogging and plan on checking some stands,I think most of my buds are going to be out of
pocket this weekend so it will be peaceful.I plan on putting the final touches on my IW bow and work on some Cain tonight.Got a family reunion Sat. evening so it will be a short day Sat.Might
have to eat soup tonight. ;) ;D Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday.Life is good.I did put
a short Persimmon limb bow on the form last night so I should have it braced this weekend.Hope it turns out,looks pretty good right now.I'll have some pictures of the progress Monday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good