Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649808 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #1965 on: August 07, 2008, 04:49:25 pm »
Pappy, looked like a great time, maybe I'll try to make it next year, You can swing by Ciny and pick me up. Do you go up 75 north or do you go up through Indy then cut over. Hope to see you in two weeks, Thursday the 21st, you know I'm going to need alot of help, so be patient.  Brother Dan
DAN I'm sure Pappy will be patient with you.  He was with me ::)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1966 on: August 08, 2008, 05:31:02 am »
Just keeping Dan off the belt sander will be a challenge.  ;D ;D Well it is Friday again
and I will be back at the Cabin this weekend,seems like it has been a while.I don't
have any big plans but I am sure I will come up with something.I need to shoot my hunting bows and get my arrows all worked out.I also plan on working on my little Persimmon bow. I also
plan on bushhogging,I plan that every weekend and never seem to get around to it but
now it is getting down to push and shove so I need to get it done.It will be time to hunt
soon and then I know I won't do it. Hope yall have a good on also.Life is good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1967 on: August 08, 2008, 05:45:06 pm »
Pappy, whats bushhogging?
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #1968 on: August 08, 2008, 05:53:04 pm »
Pappy, whats bushhogging?

Boy Tiller....you do lead a Sheltered Life up there..... with all of Your Fragrances.....don't you........LMAO!!!! ;D ;D >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1969 on: August 08, 2008, 05:58:10 pm »
David, so you won't have to wait in suspense until Monday for Pappy to reply..."Bushhogging" is mowing your fields with a large deck-type mower tied to the hydraulics of a tractor and powered by the tractors PTO (power take off)...has a swivel wheel at the back end of the deck.  ;)

Thought I'd post the bow-tips I've shaped for King Ron's son, Chris. Chris made the bow and wanted me to shape some tips for it. I used purple heart for the first time...

Chris is going to finish sanding and seal the bow... :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #1970 on: August 08, 2008, 06:04:06 pm »
Awesome tips there Greg.....but you should have let David wait.....and stew for a while!!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1971 on: August 08, 2008, 06:13:06 pm »
Thanks "Long haired, crippled, hippy biker" ;D.

Can't fault David for not knowing all this southern livin' we take for granted...the boy lives on an island after all! ;D  At least he's asking questions and shares our love for makin' bows and stuff...I think there's hope for him. ;D
Greg

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1972 on: August 08, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »
At least I smell good and I'se surrounded by prety women!!!  ;D  Thanks for the info Greg!

Heck, guys arround here we call that a goat! Costs a lot less to fead it too! When it breaks down it makes a great Bar-B-Que to boot!  ;D

Michael you made some knives from those points I sent ya? If not hurry it up!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #1973 on: August 08, 2008, 07:05:49 pm »
Not yet David....just got back from a 2 week vacation..and I have all kinds of stuff thats been waiting for me to get back!!  They use Goats here too.....but they cant and wont eat half of what grows ....too dang prickly for their palate!! So ya got ta break out the Brushhog .....in fact I am heading to the Deer Lease tomorrow to move my Buddies RV in ....and brushhog all of our shooting lanes in......and Greg..........any time....when I see something I like I comment on it..and them Tips are way cool!!

David.....maybe next year when you go to the Classic.....Pappy will show you what a Brushhog is all about....then you can hit the Showers!!!!! Had ta throw that at ya!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline BearG

« Reply #1974 on: August 08, 2008, 09:31:16 pm »
Greg you sure can pretty up a bow. ;D
Man those look great
And this nothern boy even knows what a pto, tractor, and even a bushhog is 8)
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1975 on: August 08, 2008, 10:50:46 pm »
Greg, man those tips did turn out purty - gonna have to try and shape some like that in the future. Oh, and nice background too ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1976 on: August 08, 2008, 11:48:48 pm »
Thanks yall! Cowboy, I can't think of a better background to display against...thanks again for supplying it! ;)
Greg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1977 on: August 09, 2008, 12:26:15 am »
I agree, Greg the tips are beautiful...and the arrowhead give good perspective and makes for a good background.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #1978 on: August 09, 2008, 01:03:21 am »
Greg, you been taking an art and photography class at the local college?  You did a great job with the set up and photos.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1979 on: August 09, 2008, 11:07:12 am »
Thanks Pat and Justin...nothing that I hadn't seen here multiple times before. I'm just a student of a lot of great teachers here on PA. ;)
Greg