Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650469 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2007, 11:45:41 am »
All looks well there Pappy! my shop is starting to fill up with staves, shavins, new tools - I'm lovin it when I have the time. Being lonely ain't always a bad thing, I enjoy my time in the shop with no distraction's (rare), gives me time to concentrate - reflect. Course when all the kids have flown I may change my mind. :)
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2007, 06:23:31 am »
Had another great weekend,done some cooking [of course] got a lot of bush hogging done
finished up some knifes and trade points and done some shooting.Got my B.L. bow to full brace
and out to about 10 in. looking good so far.Mostly me and the dog,but GregB AND 8up and
Grant stopped by and we done some shooting Bull and targets.Me and Greg got my stands down and he done a little squirrel hunting.Here are some pictures. ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:00:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2007, 06:32:53 am »
Few more.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:01:03 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2007, 06:34:18 am »
More.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:01:55 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2007, 07:01:39 am »
You are truly blessed Pappy.

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2007, 07:48:45 am »
I agree Dana I really am and I know it and I truly appreshate it,just wonder sometime how long this can last so I take full advantage of it as long as it dose. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2007, 10:05:07 am »
Those pics bring back good memories, Pappy. Especially the one of Greg! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2007, 02:21:43 pm »
Yeah,
My mother was an excellant cook, and then I got married...wife hates cooking. If I want a good home-cooked meal, I either have to cook it myself or go to the club. Hard to beat that dutch oven cookin'. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2007, 08:35:32 pm »
    I like those walking sticks Pappy.Every time I go up to Cade's I cut some.We don't have those down here.I need to make it up there if nothing else for that good food.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2007, 08:37:39 pm »
Walking sticks? I thought those were Pappy's next Bow of the Year ;) ;D

Dana
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2007, 10:57:55 pm »
Yes, life truly is good there Pappy! Think I can smell that never ending food from here, lots of snakes, bows and targets everywhere, the ole tractor with implements, good friends dropping by all the time, looks like ya'll are in heaven  ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Dustybaer

« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2007, 03:06:51 am »
Me and Greg got my stands down and he done a little squirrel hunting.Here are some pictures. ;D

so, where are the pictures of the squirrels?  i thought we'll get to name another bow.  something like "two squirrel, sister bow to two deer"   ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2007, 05:54:08 am »
He didn't get any ,but it ant cause he didn't try.You are right Cowboy we do have a great time
and it takes the pressure from the work week away as soon as I get the fire going.Going to the
Howard Hill classic in Ala.this weekend and off to Cloverdale In. on Tuesday and be gone until next Sunday so I will miss all of this for a couple of weekends.Sometime I think I had rather be here.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2007, 08:20:01 am »
Drive safely, have fun and shoot straight Pappy.

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2007, 08:44:12 am »

Marius, I went squirrel hunting at a spot on Pappy's place where last September I was surrounded by so many squirrels I had to fight my way out...nasty situation for a while there! ;D 

This past Saturday I never saw a squirrel...instead saw deer, skunk, owl, turkey(hen), plus heard a gobbler all morning. It was still a good time, then back to the club to relax by the fire. Life was good! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...