Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4610029 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2007, 10:45:15 am »
then back to the club to relax by the fire.
Translation:  it was dinner time, and I went back to eat.  ;)  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2007, 02:10:33 pm »
Justin, better be on your toes...I still owe you one from the last time I stuck my foot in my mouth and you and Marius pointed it out for the world to see! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2007, 02:15:39 pm »
:-X :-X :-X :D :D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Dustybaer

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2007, 02:56:29 am »

Marius, I went squirrel hunting at a spot on Pappy's place where last September I was surrounded by so many squirrels I had to fight my way out...nasty situation for a while there! ;D 

well, maybe i'll get to bring "two deer" and the "signature bow" back to tennessee one day, so we can fight them together.  i developed a diabolic way of killing my prey.  i miss them so closely, that they catch pneumonia from the draft my arrow causes.   ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2007, 08:27:45 am »
Marius, I don't know if "two deer" bow will work with your technique...its been trained not to miss! ;) ;D

Pappy, I remember that picture...that was after I had just finished splitting a dozen or so hickory and osage logs into staves! ;D
Greg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2007, 10:22:59 am »
Oh heck, Greg. Marius broke that record shortly after you gave him the bow.  ;D All of the arrows he shot hit true...just not where he was looking! ::)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2007, 10:34:27 am »
I think Greg, it was right after a meal. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dustybaer

« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2007, 06:11:20 am »
Marius, I don't know if "two deer" bow will work with your technique...its been trained not to miss! ;) ;D

ouch.   ;D

Oh heck, Greg. Marius broke that record shortly after you gave him the bow.  ;D All of the arrows he shot hit true...just not where he was looking! ::)    Pat

with friends like you two, who needs enemies   ;D

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2007, 05:25:38 pm »
Marius, I think it goes"with friends like that, who needs enemas" ;D ;D ;D, but I might have that wrong......Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2007, 11:43:56 pm »
i developed a diabolic way of killing my prey.  i miss them so closely, that they catch pneumonia from the draft my arrow causes.   

Marius, just refering to your comment above...I think "2 deer" would prefer you went for a double lung shot instead of a lingering demise from pneumonia. ;D
Greg

Dustybaer

« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2007, 02:41:50 am »
well, i'm going to test that this morning.  i'm taking "two deer" to a new 3-D range that opens today.  it's about 100 miles from here and it was set up by a traditional archery club that a friend on the german archery forum started about a year ago.  it was ready about half a year ago but a storm wiped out half the trees on the lot, so they had to start over.  the intriguing part is that they made all the targets themselves.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2007, 10:50:57 am »
Marius, did they collect all the broken trees for bow wood?  Justin

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2007, 09:36:39 pm »
Well, no pictures because my digital camera is screwed up and I havn't replaced it yet. My day went like this; got up and went out this morning around 7:00am and cut fire wood for a couple of hours. Attempting to clear out the tops left from having my lot timbered. Jeff from the club (helped in the selfbow challenge) came over and brought his tiller to pull behind my 4-wheeler. We filled his trailer with firewood for his trip home. Tried Jeff's tiller out for a while and it works really well. Planning on making some food plots in my newly cleared woods.

Finished the day shooting for 30 minutes or so with copperhead bow. No dutch oven cookin'...had a salad instead. ;D
Greg

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2007, 10:16:31 pm »
Sounds like a good day to me Greg. Outa the house by sevenish (after my pot of coffee of course) stay busy all day doing nothing but everything all at the same time. Course somewhere in there, gotta load them chickens up to go grasshopper huntin - man how they like to run them back roads.......he,he,he,he. You made that comment on that other post about (but chickens are good) if id'a had a beer it would have been a beer spewing moment  ;D, take care.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2007, 05:55:39 am »
Well didn't have a full weekend at the cabin,but did have Friday.We left Sat morning for The Howard Hill shoot in Ala.We left around 4am and got back to the cabin about 11:30pm the same day,it was long but fun.Had a good meal Fri. night and had a ball Sat .at the shoot.Meet some old friends and meet some new folks.Shot a lot and as you will see learned a new way to Carrie a bow.Here are some pictures of Fri. and the shoot.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:03:58 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good