Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4611087 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2007, 09:21:09 am »
Hope you ant to tired. ;D ;D and good luck. :D I think CastIron [aka Grant the universsal champ]said he was coming down,so I know I will be eating good may even get some lessons on shooting.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2007, 09:28:44 am »
Congratulations, Greg! Getting to be fewer and fewer of those around these days....

I have a show in Nashville tonight, and then I head for WV in the morning to do a few shows and visit family. I finished my piece of black locust and I need to get started on some hickory.

I will be thinking about y'all and Yankee this weekend. I wish I could be there.
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2007, 09:41:42 am »
How did it turn out,Pictures please. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2007, 10:00:51 am »
Congrats, Greg. 22 years is quite an accomplishment. 8)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2007, 10:07:21 am »
Ya especially for her. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DCM

« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2007, 04:18:08 pm »
Wow!

I had not seen this thread.  Took me a spell to get thru it all.  Saw some faces I recognized, some huggin' up on faces I didn't!  :o

Congradulations Greg.

Sorry about yer buddy Pappy, but you got it right.  You are living large bud.  I can see myself beginning to put into place the material part of what you enjoy, although I'm a good 10 years behind you.  I can only hope to be as blessed as you seem to be with the non-material part, the good friends and peace of mind.

Great thread!

Thanks for sharing.

Dustybaer

« Reply #291 on: June 30, 2007, 05:07:41 am »
Ya especially for her. ;D ;D
   Pappy

oh, 'cmon pappy.  a guy who makes bows like "two deer" can't be all that bad  ;D

congratulations greg.  i just had my 20th 3 weeks ago and my wife said she would marry me again (after a couple of glasses of wine that is).  to me, that's what it's all about: find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with and then make it work.  i wish you the best for the next 22 years.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2007, 11:59:17 am »
oh, 'cmon pappy.  a guy who makes bows like "two deer" can't be all that bad   
Thank's for sticking up for me Marius! You're forgiven for jumping on board with Justin here awhile back when I stuck both feet in my mouth! ;D Still lookin' out for an opportunity to get even with Justin, he's been very careful though. ;)

...and a late congrats for twenty years of marriage for you and your wife!

After going out for dinner, my young bride :) and I went by the club...boy that was a mistake!My "buddies" were continually interrupting each other getting their jabs in on me. Seems my wife mentioned to them that she occasionally suggests I should lose weight...now it seems all I'm allowed to eat down at the club is plates of lettuce with an occasional carrot for desert! ;D Can you imagine sitting around the fire watching your "buddies" consume for instance... roast, taters, carrots, beans(with some of castirons great relish), cornbread, and some of castirons peach cobbler for desert...while I'm eating a plate of lettuce?  :'( 

...and in an attempt to get my 2 cents worth in before Pappy posts Monday morning, don't believe anything my wife might have said...she has quite an imagination! ;)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 08:14:26 pm by GregB »
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2007, 03:33:46 pm »
Greg you forgot about the El Notre pork burritos for lunch,     we could substitute celery there just to give you a little variety and wasn't that you I saw carefully garding a LARGE bowl full of peach cobbler to take home after you had eaten the 1st helping.

Grant-

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2007, 08:24:35 pm »

Yeah, celery really sounds...um good. :(

and wasn't that you I saw carefully garding a LARGE bowl full of peach cobbler to take home after you had eaten the 1st helping.

I was just making sure it got home so my son's could have some today...but my wife and I finished it up this morning...she let me have a couple of bites. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #295 on: July 02, 2007, 06:28:10 am »
Well here it goes,we had a great time.Friday evening had a few down.8UP showed up with
his nephew and we worked on bows till late.Got 1 braces,1 ready for brace and another finished.Sat. morning me and CastIron and Don went to a shoot and had a good time.We all shot pretty well.We got back and finished tillering 8ups bow and got to shoot it some.He brought some snake skins he had bought and tried to give me 2 pair for my sister bow so I gave a Osage stave,now he has some yellow wood he has been wanting.Grant cooked moose tacos for lunch.I got one of the sister bows worked,floor tillered and steamed and straightened.It is ready for knocks and start tillering.Had Corn bread,turnip greens ,moose roast and taters for supper and clobber for desert.We had the pleasure of spending some of Sat. night with Greg and his wife,not use to women around camp be she seemed to fit right in.Sunday we all gathered in TwinOaks attire
and Put Yankee to rest.We all put an Arrow in the grave and took turns covering it,It was
a sad time but good none the less.We will miss him.Lots of pictures so be patient.Yes life is good
sometimes to short so enjoy.On ya I finished the bow for Allison but she couldn't make it down so I will give it to her next week I think she will love it.
   Pappy
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:14:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #296 on: July 02, 2007, 06:30:07 am »
This is Allisons bow I will get some pictures of her shooting it next week.
  Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:15:31 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #297 on: July 02, 2007, 06:32:59 am »
This is some pictures of Ron's sons bow in the begining and supper for Friday night.The sister bow and Grant at the shoot.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:16:03 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #298 on: July 02, 2007, 06:39:37 am »
This is Greg still tweeking and me getting the sister ready for the steamer and of course lunch.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2007, 06:42:01 am »
Now the pictures.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:17:17 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good