Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632728 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #705 on: December 06, 2007, 04:10:23 pm »
Hmmm! $150 Wow thats pricy for hunten! I think its like $25 up here.  May just hold off on the hunting untill I can go closer to home.

David T.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #706 on: December 06, 2007, 05:18:29 pm »
 C,mon David. Yer a outta state hunter.$150 aint that much ;)..........bob

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #707 on: December 06, 2007, 06:03:23 pm »
Plight of the small buisness owner, my friend! Have buisness but not much else.  >:(
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #708 on: December 10, 2007, 11:13:37 am »
Had a great weekend,didn't do much hunting but got a lot of time in the bow shop.I made a pot of Moose chili for Friday night,man it was good.Cook some pork cutlets and deer sausage and bisquits for breakfast Sat. morning.Then Deer backstrap and veggies for Sat. night.Keith got his IW bow started and out to brace.Big A got his Osage finished and GregB got his IW started on the tiller stick all are looking good so far.We cut some wood Sat. and had some child labor get involved to help.I let Case hunt the bottoms with his Muzzloader Sat. evening [He is only 7 years old] and
he took a 118lb. doe.He was so proud and so was I. ;DMade a great shot.This was his 2nd. for the year.We also started a Osage me and A and Greg plan to auction off at the classic.It had some worm holes in it and as you will see when we laid it out me missed one and got the other in the handle,sometimes you just have to work with problems and sometimes you can work around
them. :) All in all it was a great weekend.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:43:13 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #709 on: December 10, 2007, 11:15:16 am »
Supper,Keith's and A's bow.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #710 on: December 10, 2007, 11:17:03 am »
A's bow and our help for the wood cutting. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:44:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #711 on: December 10, 2007, 11:20:01 am »
Keith's bow at brace,A  chaseing a ring on the auction bow.Greg's IW started and Chase's
big doe. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #712 on: December 10, 2007, 11:22:31 am »
Buy a lic. and you can take 3 Tom's.I think the lic. are around 150.00 for 7 day big game and around 225.00 for the hole season from Feb.08 till Jan 09. it includes All seasons including
Deer in the fall. :)
   Pappy
Dang David, that winds up $50 per turkey, that is cheap.  If you get the $225 that includes deer you wind up like $25 per animal you can legaly shoot.  How much do you think it will take to fill your truck with gas to go scout the local areas? ???  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #713 on: December 10, 2007, 11:23:02 am »
Case's deer,the Osage laid out around the worm holes and Greg thinning it down to get ready to straighten and floor tiller.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #714 on: December 10, 2007, 12:39:33 pm »
Pappy, what do you think about worm holes in Hickory? Can you get away with em?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #715 on: December 10, 2007, 01:08:46 pm »
I don't trust worm holes in anything,knot hole are fine cause the grain kind of grows down into them but worm holes are like you drilled a hole and can pull up a splinter at the hole.We had planed
on drilling these out and put a plug in them with some good glue but managed to work around them.I have rapped them before with sinew but since we were going to raffle this one off we didn't want it rapped, al tho I have done that several time with good success.I would recommend doing something to a worm hole before you bend it much,either plug it or get it close to floor tiller and rap with sinew or back it with something,it just ant worth the chance.I have heard some say it will be OK but for me it ant worth it to even try.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #716 on: December 10, 2007, 06:26:03 pm »
Thanks Pap! I'm gonna chase as many of them out as I can then back it with something. These holes aren't you're typical wood bore, their tiny little holes somewhere between 1/32" and 1/64". We'll see - hope she don't blow ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #717 on: December 11, 2007, 07:12:26 am »
We find them is some of our Hickory ,there are some little black nats that get on it.We have tried to seal it and that won't even stop them.Seem like they do it right after you take the bark off.
The little holes may not matter as much but I would at least fill them with super glue and pack
them with sawdust or would back it as you said. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #718 on: December 11, 2007, 06:31:43 pm »
I'm a cheap Ba@#$% Justin!  ;D  The plane ticket to ToeJam is going to be costing me a bit so that may just do my budget. But it will be worth it to visit with bow building buddies.

David T

PS: Anyone know where I can order some wild game from to fill the frig untill next hunting season? Hopefully I will be able to get out there then.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #719 on: December 11, 2007, 08:31:13 pm »
David, if you are cheap you cannot afford to fill the fridge with game meat if you must purchase it.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah